|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VII: Syria 2005.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Dovey related to Balakian's grandmother?
(a) They were sisters.
(b) Dovey was Nafina's niece.
(c) They were cousins.
(d) Dovey was Nafina's second cousin.
2. What colors were the threads on the brocade of Mr. Blumenthal's yarmulke?
(a) Blue and yellow.
(b) Silver and gold.
(c) Silver and blue.
(d) Blue and gold.
3. In what city was Bishop Balakian buried?
4. How many Crusades passed through Byzantium on the way to the Holy Land?
5. How old was Aunt Gladys when the deportations began?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did Aunt Nona begin institutional schooling?
2. What was the lowest mark Balakian's female relatives gave to the houses they viewed during their Sunday drives?
3. What job was Balakian working at when he began reading as much as he could about the Armenian genocide, in "Before the Nazis"?
4. What color were the kitchen cabinets in the Balakian's new home in Tenafly?
5. What kind of food did Balakian's mother claim was not fresh at the French restaurant?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)