|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chain of Words.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What junk food did Balakian reminisce about eating at the Dillstein's house?
(c) Hostess Cupcakes.
(d) Devil Dogs.
2. In what year did the Columbia Lions win the Rose Bowl?
3. In what year did Roman Emperor Constantine turn Byzantium into the imperial residence?
(a) 430 A.D.
(b) 275 A.D.
(c) 300 A.D.
(d) 330 A.D.
4. What book caused a racial flareup among the football players during Balakian's freshmen year at college?
(a) Ralph Ellison's Invisible Man.
(b) W.E.B. DuBois' The Souls of Black Folk.
(c) Eldridge Cleaver's Soul on Ice.
(d) The Autobiography of Malcolm X.
5. What grocery store did Peter and his grandmother shop at?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the book open?
2. Whose voice did Balakian describe as hitting him "as broken glass under a tire"?
3. What Biblical figure were the Jewish boys arguing about during the baseball game in "An Armenian Jew in Suburbia"?
4. What was Peter shocked to see his grandmother doing as she read late at night?
5. What popular song was played at Lenny Cohen's bar mitzvah?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)