|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chain of Words.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fruit does the spice mahleb come from?
(d) Wild cherry.
2. At what time did Balakian and his friend Ed Harrison routinely sneak out of their houses to explore the town?
(a) 1 a.m.
(b) 4 a.m.
(d) 3 a.m.
3. In what year did the author's family move to Tenafly, New Jersey?
4. Where had Balakian learned the stories of the Bible?
(a) Armenian Sunday school.
(b) Armenian church.
(c) Within the family.
(d) From his Jewish friends.
5. What American author was NOT mentioned as the topic of one of Aunt Anna's published literary books?
(a) Carson McCullers.
(b) Kurt Vonnegut.
(c) William Faulkner.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is lokma?
2. At what school did Aunt Anna teach French?
3. What town did Balakian's grandmother mention when she was discussing the death march, as he lay in bed sick?
4. In what year did Peter's grandmother die?
5. What color were the kitchen cabinets in the Balakian's new home in Tenafly?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)