|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chain of Words.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What colors were the threads on the brocade of Mr. Blumenthal's yarmulke?
(a) Silver and blue.
(b) Silver and gold.
(c) Blue and gold.
(d) Blue and yellow.
2. In what year did the book open?
3. What California town was the Armenian-American writer William Saroyan from?
(b) San Francisco.
4. What meat did the Balakian family frequently eat for dinner?
5. What does the word hokee mean?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Peter Balakian when his aunts began taking him on the house-viewing expeditions?
2. What does the name Arax mean?
3. What poet's work was the class dissecting when Balakian challenged another student's interpretation of the words?
4. According to Armenian legend, what animal was Adam's first companion in the Garden of Eden?
5. In what part of Manhattan did Aunt Anna live?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)