|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chain of Words.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the poetry journal Balakian founded in 1976?
(a) Oak Street Review.
(b) Graham House Review.
(c) Surrealism Review.
(d) Crabtree Lane Review.
2. According to Armenian legend, what animal was Adam's first companion in the Garden of Eden?
(b) Musk ox.
3. What degree was Balakian's girlfriend working on when he visited her, instead of going to his grandmother's memorial service?
(a) Law degree.
(d) Medical degree.
4. How many Crusades passed through Byzantium on the way to the Holy Land?
5. What food did Balakian's mother bring when she visited during the talk by Allen Ginsberg?
(c) Stuffed grape leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many minutes were Balakian's phone calls restricted to when he was twelve?
2. Where did Balakian and his father meet the Indian dressed as a chief during their cross-country tour?
3. What sports implement was hanging in the office of Dr. Cooley, the headmaster of Balakian's new private high school?
4. What colors were the threads on the brocade of Mr. Blumenthal's yarmulke?
5. What is the name of the torte made with shredded wheat?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)