|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: Commemoration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What senator pushed for a 75th anniversary commemoration bill in 1989?
(a) Ted Stevens.
(b) Robert Byrd.
(c) Daniel Anouye.
(d) Robert Dole.
2. Who was driving when the young men crashed the car in the middle of the night, in "Saturday Autumn II"?
(a) Tom Shadek.
(b) Peter Balakian.
(c) Ed Harrison.
(d) Bill Worth.
3. What California town was the Armenian-American writer William Saroyan from?
(b) San Francisco.
4. At what age were young boys forcibly conscripted as Janissaries for the Ottoman Empire?
(a) Between 11 and 13.
(b) Between 13 and 15.
(c) Between 12 and 14.
(d) Between 10 and 12.
5. What is berek?
(a) Cheese-filled filo triangles.
(c) A pistachio dessert.
(d) A rice dish.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Nersesian College founded?
2. In what year did the UN declare genocide a crime against humanity?
3. How was Dovey related to Balakian's grandmother?
4. In what year did Roman Emperor Constantine turn Byzantium into the imperial residence?
5. What is the significance of Mt. Ararat?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)