|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Bloody News, Through Page 198.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the lowest mark Balakian's female relatives gave to the houses they viewed during their Sunday drives?
(a) Hum hum.
2. Why did Balakian not like the works of Anais Nin, who was friends with his aunt?
(a) He found her works too difficult to understand.
(b) He found her works too ironic.
(c) He found her works self-indulgent.
(d) He found her works too realistic.
3. What treatment did Balakian's grandmother receive after suffering a breakdown because of the attack on Pearl Harbor?
(b) Electroshock therapy.
4. To which American writer did Balakian send his poems while at Bucknell College?
(a) Robert Pirsig.
(b) Jack Kerouac.
(c) Lawrence Ferlinghetti.
(d) Allen Ginsberg.
5. What stock did grandmother recommend buying after she had a dream?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Peter shocked to see his grandmother doing as she read late at night?
2. What is berek?
3. What kind of trees do the silkworms come from?
4. How many months worth of canned evaporated milk were Americans advised to have on hand during the Cuban Missile Crisis?
5. Where had Balakian learned the stories of the Bible?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)