|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tom and Jules wear on their excursion out of the house?
(a) Baseball hats.
(c) Leather jackets.
(d) Ski masks.
2. What news network does Malorie NOT watch with her sister?
(c) Fox News.
(d) Entertainment Tonight.
3. Where does Malorie drive from to the safe house?
(a) St. Paul.
(d) The Upper Peninsula.
4. What is the name of the girl who arrives in Chapter 10?
5. Where does Felix go in Chapter 13?
(a) The well.
(b) The laundromat.
(c) The river.
(d) The store.
6. What is the name of the book that inspires George's idea about the creatures?
(a) Stranger in a Strange Land.
(b) The Twilight Zone.
(c) Possible Impossibilities.
(d) Close Encounters.
7. What does Malorie hear in the rowboat in Chapter 18?
(a) A child crying.
(b) A bird of prey.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A man screaming.
8. What instrument does the group use to see if Malorie is safe to enter the house?
(a) A vaccuum cleaner.
9. How did Malorie train the Girl to go to the well with a blindfold?
(a) She cheered her on from the house.
(b) She gave her a teddy bear.
(c) She denied her food until the Girl went.
(d) She played soft music.
10. Why do the housemates not drink the well water?
(a) It seems like sulphur.
(b) They fear it is contaminated.
(c) It looks black.
(d) There is a bug in it.
11. What kind of car do Malorie and her sister drive to the drug store?
(a) A Chevy truck.
(b) A 1999 Ford Festiva.
(c) A Ford Taurus.
(d) A Toyota Camry.
12. What does Malorie's text message to her child's father say?
(a) "Important stuff. Call when you can."
(b) "Have you been cheating on me?"
(c) "I'm sorry I broke up with you."
(d) "Do you still love me?"
13. Where does Cheryl wait while Felix is outside?
(a) The cellar.
(b) The living room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) Her bedroom.
14. What is not the name of a man at the safe house?
15. How long ago from when Malorie leaves did Malorie discover the rowboat?
(a) Twelve years ago.
(b) Four years ago.
(c) Two weeks ago.
(d) Six months ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many weeks along is Malorie when she takes her first test?
2. Why does Felix think that someone might be outside with him when he is at the well?
3. What does Malorie decide to leave the house with the children?
4. Who does Malorie suspect is the father of her child?
5. How much food does the group have when Malorie arrives?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)