|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase does Malorie learn from the baby book?
(a) Your baby is an extension of you.
(b) Your baby is always in danger.
(c) Your baby is smarter than you think.
(d) Your baby loves you unconditionally.
2. Why does Olympia tell Malorie that the group is scared of them?
(a) They are pregnant.
(b) They spend too much time together.
(c) They carry large suitcases.
(d) They are women.
3. Where does Felix go in Chapter 13?
(a) The river.
(b) The laundromat.
(c) The store.
(d) The well.
4. What does Malorie bring with her to the safe house?
(a) A stereo.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A briefcase.
5. What does the man in the river say about the creatures?
(a) They are crowding the skies.
(b) They look like giant birds.
(c) They are not as ugly as one might think.
(d) They look like dogs.
6. What is the name of the book that inspires George's idea about the creatures?
(a) The Twilight Zone.
(b) Stranger in a Strange Land.
(c) Possible Impossibilities.
(d) Close Encounters.
7. What does Malorie ask herself while rowing?
(a) Does Henry love her?
(b) Is she a good girlfriend?
(c) Is she a good sister?
(d) Is she is a good mother?
8. Who volunteers to drink the well water that the housemates are worried about?
9. How many buckets of water are fetched by Felix from the well?
10. What behavior is defined as "The Problem?"
(a) A theft.
(b) A suicide.
(c) An act of unexplained arson.
(d) An extreme fever.
11. What happened to the owner of the safe house?
(a) The owner of the house is hiding.
(b) The owner of the house is away on a supply run.
(c) The owner of the house ran away.
(d) The owner of the house died.
12. What is Tom's daughter's name?
13. What did Malorie tie to a tree to help her find the path to the rowboat?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A tank top.
(c) A piece of tape.
(d) A blindfold.
14. Where do Malorie's parents live?
(c) South Carolina.
(d) The Upper Peninsula.
15. What is not the name of a man at the safe house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the place in Riverbridge advertised?
2. What does Don say that angers the housemates in Chapter 20?
3. When has Malorie been in Riverbridge before?
4. What lines the path that Felix takes outside?
5. Why do the housemates not drink the well water?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)