|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lulu feel about the way Marie raised Lipsha?
2. What does Lipsha want to tell the officer about the pipe he finds?
3. What does Lipsha tell Shawnee about his tattoo?
4. Where does Lipsha live?
5. How does Fleur outsmart Jewett?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jewett assume about Fleur's land?
2. What happened when Lipsha tried to heal Russell Kashpaw?
3. How does Shawnee plan her move out of Zelda's house?
4. What does Marie notice about Lipsha's appearance at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. Why is Shawnee conflicted over her feelings for Lipsha?
6. Why does Albertine take part in the naming ceremony?
7. How is Lipsha's relationship with Lyman complicated?
8. What does Lipsha discover about Zelda's plans for him and Shawnee during their date?
9. What catches Albertine's attention when she is watching a documentary?
10. How does Lipsha feel that Zelda impacts his life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are strong female characters used in this novel? Which female characters do you consider strong, and why? How do these characters influence the people around them and the events that take place in this novel? Who has a positive impact, and why? Who has a negative impact, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Who seems to be more powerful in this novel, men or women? Use examples from the text to support your opinions. Be sure to describe power.
Essay Topic 3
Lipsha often reflects on his luck. How does luck appear in "The Bingo Palace" for Lipsha and the other characters? How do they feel about luck? To what do they compare it? What does luck mean in this novel and how is it compared to the natural world?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)