Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lipsha go after giving up on his ID forms?
2. What does Lipsha win while playing bingo in Chapter 7?
3. How does the slot machine treat Lyman in his dream?
4. When Lyman wakes he can't tell if it was a dream or if he was where?
5. What does Lipsha fear as he walks on ancestral grounds in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lyman do after gambling away his money?
2. How does Redford feel about staying with his aunts?
3. What happens between Lipsha and the motel Bible in Chapter 14?
4. What does Jewett assume about Fleur's land?
5. Why does Albertine shout at the TV set while watching the documentary?
6. What does Zelda do when she thinks she is having a heart attack?
7. Why does Albertine take part in the naming ceremony?
8. How do the people on the reservation know that Fleur is watching them?
9. Why does Lyman dance during his fast?
10. What do the people of the reservation assume about the young white boy with Fleur?
Essay Topic 1
Who seems to be more powerful in this novel, men or women? Use examples from the text to support your opinions. Be sure to describe power.
Essay Topic 2
How are strong female characters used in this novel? Which female characters do you consider strong, and why? How do these characters influence the people around them and the events that take place in this novel? Who has a positive impact, and why? Who has a negative impact, and why?
Essay Topic 3
After returning home, Lipsha spends most of his time trying to win over Shawnee. Summarize their relationship and describe how the quest for this relationship hurts and helps Lipsha. How does Lipsha develop throughout the novel because of this relationship?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)