|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lipsha call the money he makes off of June's bingo tickets?
2. Where is the gathering Lipsha attends at the end of Chapter 1?
3. Where does Lipsha live?
4. What does Lipsha tell Shawnee about his tattoo?
5. What does Zelda tell Lipsha about Fleur?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Albertine shout at the TV set while watching the documentary?
2. What happened to Xavier the night he proposed to Zelda?
3. Why does Albertine take part in the naming ceremony?
4. What is Lyman's new business plan?
5. What role does Fleur play in Lyman's dream?
6. What happens when Lipsha feels that he sees his dead mother?
7. Why is Shawnee conflicted over her feelings for Lipsha?
8. How do Shawnee's parents act at the gathering?
9. How is June Morrissey described?
10. What catches Albertine's attention when she is watching a documentary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cars make frequent appearances in "The Bingo Palace." Describe each time a car is used in the plot. How do these cars reflect the characters involved? How do the cars add to the conflict of the novel? What do the cars represent?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Lyman's bingo hall. What does the it represent to Lyman? Choose three other characters and describe what the bingo hall represents to them. How does the hall move the plot of this novel forward?
Essay Topic 3
"The Bingo Palace" compares traditional life to life off the reservation. How is each described? What represents each style of living? How is Lipsha torn between the two? How does he feel that he can merge the two? By the end of the novel, do you think Lipsha is more or less traditional?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)