|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lyman offer Lipsha for his pipe?
2. Whom does Zelda have talk to Lipsha at the gathering?
3. What does Shawnee admit to herself about her relationship with Lyman?
4. What does Lyman spend the entire night before his business meeting doing?
5. What does Lipsha do in the middle of his job hunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Albertine shout at the TV set while watching the documentary?
2. How does Shawnee plan her move out of Zelda's house?
3. What is Lyman's new business plan?
4. What happens when Lipsha feels that he sees his dead mother?
5. How does Lipsha feel that Zelda impacts his life?
6. How do Shawnee's parents act at the gathering?
7. What do the people of the reservation assume about the young white boy with Fleur?
8. What makes Lipsha feel jealous when he visits Shawnee in Chapter 9?
9. Why does Albertine take part in the naming ceremony?
10. What does Lyman do after gambling away his money?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a Native American vision quest? Describe the quest Lipsha and Lyman go on. How do each feel about the quest? What happens to each? How do these endings help to further describe Lipsha and Lyman in terms of Native American tradition?
Essay Topic 2
Cars make frequent appearances in "The Bingo Palace." Describe each time a car is used in the plot. How do these cars reflect the characters involved? How do the cars add to the conflict of the novel? What do the cars represent?
Essay Topic 3
What does money mean to the people on the reservation? How does money affect Lipsha? How does it affect Lipsha's relationships with people? How does Lipsha use money? What is the author trying to say about money and traditional Native American life?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)