|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lyman feel he should have Lipsha's pipe?
2. Where was Lipsha left by his mother?
3. Who is Lulu's son?
4. What does Albertine say she sought in school?
5. How does Fleur outsmart Jewett?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Lipsha feel jealous when he visits Shawnee in Chapter 9?
2. How is June Morrissey described?
3. What does Jewett assume about Fleur's land?
4. What does Marie notice about Lipsha's appearance at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. What catches Albertine's attention when she is watching a documentary?
6. Where does Lyman feel he lost his "true face"?
7. What role does Fleur play in Lyman's dream?
8. Why does Lipsha dislike his job?
9. What happened to Xavier the night he proposed to Zelda?
10. What happened when Lipsha tried to heal Russell Kashpaw?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who seems to be more powerful in this novel, men or women? Use examples from the text to support your opinions. Be sure to describe power.
Essay Topic 2
After returning home, Lipsha spends most of his time trying to win over Shawnee. Summarize their relationship and describe how the quest for this relationship hurts and helps Lipsha. How does Lipsha develop throughout the novel because of this relationship?
Essay Topic 3
The ancestors serve as narrators during parts of "The Bingo Palace." Who are the ancestors and why are they valued in reservation life? What judgments do the ancestors have? Why does the author sometimes use them as narrators? How do they add to the narration of this novel?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)