Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lipsha go after giving up on his ID forms?
2. What does Lipsha win while playing bingo in Chapter 7?
3. How does the slot machine treat Lyman in his dream?
4. When Lyman wakes he can't tell if it was a dream or if he was where?
5. What does Lipsha fear as he walks on ancestral grounds in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lyman do after gambling away his money?
2. How does Redford feel about staying with his aunts?
3. What happens between Lipsha and the motel Bible in Chapter 14?
4. What does Jewett assume about Fleur's land?
5. Why does Albertine shout at the TV set while watching the documentary?
6. What does Zelda do when she thinks she is having a heart attack?
7. Why does Albertine take part in the naming ceremony?
8. How do the people on the reservation know that Fleur is watching them?
9. Why does Lyman dance during his fast?
10. What do the people of the reservation assume about the young white boy with Fleur?
After returning home, Lipsha spends most of his time trying to win over Shawnee. Summarize their relationship and describe how the quest for this relationship hurts and helps Lipsha. How does Lipsha develop throughout the novel because of this relationship?
Cars make frequent appearances in "The Bingo Palace." Describe each time a car is used in the plot. How do these cars reflect the characters involved? How do the cars add to the conflict of the novel? What do the cars represent?
How do family relationships complicate Lipsha's life? Describe some of his family relationships and the struggles they have together. How does Lipsha address these struggles? How do the struggles impact the characters and the plot? What is the author's commentary on family?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)