|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the gathering Lipsha attends at the end of Chapter 1?
2. What does Lyman do with Nector's pipe at the end of Chapter 8?
3. What does Shawnee admit to herself about her relationship with Lyman?
4. What does Lyman spend the entire night before his business meeting doing?
5. What type of documentary does Albertine watch the night she can't fall asleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does June's mother take her anger out on June in Chapter 6?
2. What role does Fleur play in Lyman's dream?
3. What happened when Lipsha tried to heal Russell Kashpaw?
4. Why does Lulu go to the post office?
5. What does Lipsha get a tattoo of and why?
6. What happens when Lipsha admits that he needs love medicine?
7. What is Lyman's new business plan?
8. What does Marie notice about Lipsha's appearance at the beginning of Chapter 4?
9. What happens when Lipsha feels that he sees his dead mother?
10. How does Lipsha feel that Zelda impacts his life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dancing is important in "The Bingo Palace". Reflect on four times that dancing is used in the novel. Describe the dance: Who is dancing? Where are they dancing? Why are they dancing? What does dancing represent in this novel and what does it do for the characters who dance?
Essay Topic 2
How are drums used in "The Bingo Palace"? What do drums signal? What do they represent? How do the characters in this novel respond to drums?
Essay Topic 3
How are strong female characters used in this novel? Which female characters do you consider strong, and why? How do these characters influence the people around them and the events that take place in this novel? Who has a positive impact, and why? Who has a negative impact, and why?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)