|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at Redford's aunts' house with a police officer and social worker?
2. What does the skunk remind Lipsha?
(a) That land is not free.
(b) That land is not his.
(c) That land is not real estate.
(d) That land is not love.
3. What does the police officer do to Mary Fred when he sees her in the shed?
(a) Kicks her.
(b) Yells for help.
(c) Hits her with his gun.
(d) Shoots her with his gun.
4. Why does Gerry drive the car off the side of the road?
(a) To avoid the police.
(b) He needs to rest.
(c) He sees June.
(d) He has a flat tire.
5. Why can't the police officer and social worker step onto the aunts' property?
(a) Because of the tall fence.
(b) Because they don't know if they are at the right house.
(c) Because it's illegal.
(d) Because of the dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lyman wearing Henry's clothes?
2. What does Zelda dream in Chapter 23?
3. What does Shawnee's father tell her to ask for?
4. What does Albertine feel was missing from her relationship with Zelda?
5. What does Lyman hear in the background during his fast?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lipsha take up an interest in religion?
2. What do Albertine and Zelda talk about when they are alone in Chapter 19?
3. What advice does Albertine give Lipsha in Chapter 20?
4. How are Shawnee's performances at the powwow?
5. What happens during Gerry's plane ride?
6. What happens after Gerry leaves Lipsha on the side of the road?
7. What happens when Lipsha checks the Dumpster for his father?
8. Why does Shawnee say she has a strong feeling of Lipsha's presence in Chapter 26?
9. How does Albertine try to defend Shawnee and Redford in Chapter 19?
10. What does Zelda do when she thinks she is having a heart attack?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)