|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the skunk remind Lipsha?
(a) That land is not free.
(b) That land is not his.
(c) That land is not love.
(d) That land is not real estate.
2. What does Redford do at the end of Chapter 15?
3. How does Lipsha describe what saved him from drowning as a baby?
(a) Part human, part wind.
(b) Part animal, part tree.
(c) Part human, part spirit.
(d) Part spirit, part evil.
4. What does Lulu do as she is taken to the police cars?
(a) Fight with the police.
(c) Yell that she needs help.
(d) A traditional dance.
5. Lyman used to be jealous of what?
(a) Henry's dance abilities.
(b) Henry's kindness.
(c) Henry's clothing.
(d) Henry's friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Albertine study in school?
2. Who arrives at Redford's aunts' house with a police officer and social worker?
3. What does Lipsha want to do with the baby in the back seat of the car?
4. Why can't the police officer and social worker step onto the aunts' property?
5. What report does Shawnee hear on the radio?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Gerry mostly think about in jail?
2. What makes Shawnee feel warm in her apartment at school?
3. Where does Lyman find strength during his spiritual quest?
4. What happens when Gerry and Lipsha see a car left running?
5. What do Albertine and Zelda talk about when they are alone in Chapter 19?
6. What happens between Lipsha and the motel Bible in Chapter 14?
7. What does Zelda do when she thinks she is having a heart attack?
8. How does Shawnee act after coming home from the powwow?
9. What does the police officer say to Mary Fred before he can see her in the shed?
10. What vision does Lipsha see of Lyman's future bingo hall?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)