|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary Fred do when the police officer steps near her in the shed?
(a) She cries.
(b) She attacks him.
(c) She kneels before him.
(d) She throws a rake at him.
2. Where is Xavier Toose's house?
(a) Next to the lake.
(b) In the city.
(c) On a cliff.
(d) Near the woods.
3. What does Zelda realize about Xavier in Chapter 22?
(a) That she used him for her own benefit.
(b) That she never loved him.
(c) That she never stopped loving him.
(d) That she never really knew him.
4. On what does the skunk judge Lipsha?
(a) His addiction to gambling.
(b) His loss of medicine.
(c) His slowness to learn.
(d) His lust for Shawnee.
5. What type of storm makes driving difficult for Gerry in Chapter 24?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Lipsha have a vision of his childhood in Chapter 20?
2. Who says, "There is so little time"?
3. What does Lipsha ask Shawnee in Chapter 17?
4. What does Lulu do as she is taken to the police cars?
5. What does Albertine tease Shawnee about in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Shawnee feel warm in her apartment at school?
2. What happens when Lipsha checks the Dumpster for his father?
3. Where does Lyman find strength during his spiritual quest?
4. Who does Gerry mostly think about in jail?
5. What happens during Gerry's plane ride?
6. How does Shawnee act after coming home from the powwow?
7. Describe the memory Shawnee has of her father during the powwow.
8. What do Albertine and Zelda talk about when they are alone in Chapter 19?
9. How does Albertine try to defend Shawnee and Redford in Chapter 19?
10. What happens after Gerry leaves Lipsha on the side of the road?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)