|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shawnee remember her father rubbing on her arms and neck?
(a) A feather.
(b) A bird.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A towel.
2. How does Lipsha describe what saved him from drowning as a baby?
(a) Part spirit, part evil.
(b) Part human, part wind.
(c) Part animal, part tree.
(d) Part human, part spirit.
3. What does Albertine tease Shawnee about in Chapter 19?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her car.
(c) Her relationships.
(d) Her cooking.
4. What season is it at the end of Chapter 21?
5. Why is Lyman going to see Xavier Toose?
(a) To fight him.
(b) To eat a great meal.
(c) To ask for a loan.
(d) To try to have a vision.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Xavier Toose add steam to the sweat lodge?
2. How is Shawnee's participation at the powwow?
3. Why does Gerry drive the car off the side of the road?
4. What is Gerry's plan to be able to leave Fargo?
5. Why can't the police officer and social worker step onto the aunts' property?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lulu prepare for the visit from the federal agents?
2. What happens when Gerry and Lipsha see a car left running?
3. What happens during Lipsha's dream that he is prison?
4. Describe the memory Shawnee has of her father during the powwow.
5. What happens during Gerry's plane ride?
6. Why does Lyman dance during his fast?
7. Why does Lipsha take up an interest in religion?
8. What vision does Lipsha see of Lyman's future bingo hall?
9. Why does Shawnee say she has a strong feeling of Lipsha's presence in Chapter 26?
10. How does Redford feel about staying with his aunts?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)