|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Zelda when Albertine comes to visit in Chapter 19?
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The post office.
(d) The police station.
2. Where do Lipsha and Lyman go to eat in Chapter 14?
(a) Dairy Queen.
(c) Burger King.
(d) Lyman's house.
3. How does Gerry Nanapush make it through his time in prison?
(a) By dreaming.
(b) By fighting.
(c) By writing.
(d) By singing.
4. Why do the other men laugh at Lipsha's spiritual journey?
(a) Because he put his clothes on wrong.
(b) Because he was sprayed by a skunk.
(c) Because his vision took his money.
(d) Because he got lost in the woods.
5. Why does Gerry leave Lipsha on the side of the road?
(a) Because they got in a fight.
(b) Because Lipsha told him to leave.
(c) To go find help.
(d) To drive off with his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zelda feel she should take care of Redford when Shawnee goes to school?
2. What did Albertine study in school?
3. Lipsha dreams that he is where in Chapter 22?
4. Under what heading does Lipsha look in the Bible?
5. What does Zelda call Redford?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the police officer say to Mary Fred before he can see her in the shed?
2. What advice does Albertine give Lipsha in Chapter 20?
3. How are Shawnee's performances at the powwow?
4. How does Albertine try to defend Shawnee and Redford in Chapter 19?
5. What happens during Lipsha's dream that he is prison?
6. Why does Lipsha take up an interest in religion?
7. What happens to Lipsha during his spiritual fast?
8. How does Shawnee act after coming home from the powwow?
9. What happens between Lipsha and the motel Bible in Chapter 14?
10. What vision does Lipsha see of Lyman's future bingo hall?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)