|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lipsha do for a living?
(a) He is unemployed.
(b) Warden at a prison.
(d) Shovels sugar.
2. What financial advice does Lyman give Lipsha?
(a) To put his money in a bank account.
(b) To invest in bingo.
(c) To double his money playing blackjack.
(d) To save as much as he can and hide it.
3. To whom does Lipsha turn for guidance with his medicinal abilities?
4. What is Shawnee Ray Toose also known as?
(a) Miss Smiley.
(b) Miss Little Shell.
(c) Miss Tall One.
(d) Miss Big Cat.
5. To what does Lipsha compare the light of Zelda's smile?
(a) That of the sun.
(b) That of the sea.
(c) That of a goddess.
(d) That of a saint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Four Soul get her name?
2. How does Fleur outsmart Jewett?
3. What does Albertine shout at the TV as she watches the documentary?
4. Where do June and her brother usually sleep when their mother's boyfriend is over?
5. Who says: "I don't hate the old lady. I understand her"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lulu go to the post office?
2. What does Lipsha get a tattoo of and why?
3. What does Jewett assume about Fleur's land?
4. What is Lyman's new business plan?
5. Why does Albertine take part in the naming ceremony?
6. How does Shawnee plan her move out of Zelda's house?
7. What happened to Xavier the night he proposed to Zelda?
8. What role does Fleur play in Lyman's dream?
9. How does Lyman try to distract himself from the attraction of gambling?
10. Why does June's mother take her anger out on June in Chapter 6?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)