|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie offer Lipsha as his inheritance?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A rug.
(c) A piece of jewelry.
(d) A box.
2. Where do June and her brother usually sleep when their mother's boyfriend is over?
(a) In the bush.
(b) In a car.
(c) In a tree.
(d) In a park.
3. How does June wake up at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) To her brother's yelling.
(b) To the feeling of being slapped.
(c) To the feeling of being thrown.
(d) To her mother's crying.
4. What does Shawnee admit to herself about her relationship with Lyman?
(a) She has always loved him.
(b) She fears him.
(c) She could never love him.
(d) She is bored with him.
5. What is Shawnee Ray Toose also known as?
(a) Miss Little Shell.
(b) Miss Tall One.
(c) Miss Big Cat.
(d) Miss Smiley.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Lipsha feels he needs a blessing in order to have a union with Shawnee?
2. Where does the narrator assume Shawnee's sisters are at the gathering?
3. Why did the Chippewa come to Albertine's reservation?
4. What did Shawnee's mother do after her father died?
5. Why are the people of the reservation concerned about the young white boy using an umbrella?
Short Essay Questions
1. What catches Albertine's attention when she is watching a documentary?
2. What happens when Lipsha feels that he sees his dead mother?
3. What does Lipsha get a tattoo of and why?
4. Why does the reservation community have high hopes for Lipsha?
5. What happens when Lipsha admits that he needs love medicine?
6. Why does Albertine shout at the TV set while watching the documentary?
7. How does Lipsha feel about Shawnee at the gathering?
8. Why does Albertine take part in the naming ceremony?
9. Where does Lyman feel he lost his "true face"?
10. What does Marie notice about Lipsha's appearance at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)