|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lulu feel about the way Marie raised Lipsha?
(a) She feels that Marie raised him perfectly.
(b) She feels that Marie spoiled him.
(c) She feels that Marie compared him to his mother too much.
(d) She feels that Marie was too harsh with him.
2. How does Zelda respond to the news that Shawnee wants to move?
(a) She laughs in her face.
(b) She wishes her luck.
(c) She tries to discourage her.
(d) She offers her money.
3. Why did the Chippewa come to Albertine's reservation?
(a) In search of food and land.
(b) They were lost.
(c) The U.S. government forced them.
(d) In search of money and friends.
4. What is Shawnee Ray Toose also known as?
(a) Miss Tall One.
(b) Miss Smiley.
(c) Miss Big Cat.
(d) Miss Little Shell.
5. Why did Albertine leave school to visit the reservation?
(a) Out of fear.
(b) Out of duty.
(c) Out of respect.
(d) Out of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lipsha call his meeting with Shawnee in Chapter 9?
2. What is the name of the hotel Lyman stays in during his business trip?
3. How does Shawnee plan to get money to move out?
4. What does Albertine wear at the gathering?
5. Where does Albertine search through her family's records?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lyman's new business plan?
2. How do Shawnee's parents act at the gathering?
3. Why does June promise herself that no one will ever hold her again?
4. Why does Albertine take part in the naming ceremony?
5. Why does the reservation community have high hopes for Lipsha?
6. What role does Fleur play in Lyman's dream?
7. What does Lyman do after gambling away his money?
8. What happened when Lipsha tried to heal Russell Kashpaw?
9. How does Lipsha feel that Zelda impacts his life?
10. What does Jewett assume about Fleur's land?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)