|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lyman spend the entire night before his business meeting doing?
(a) Smoking Nector's pipe.
(b) Watching TV.
(c) Drinking at a bar.
(d) Playing blackjack.
2. What does the narrator say Albertine did not escape?
(a) The racial prejudice of the world.
(b) The ties of her reservation.
(c) Her own negative thoughts.
(d) Her mother's repressed history.
3. What is the bingo hall's grand prize?
(a) Free dinner for a month.
(b) A luxury van.
(c) A set of watches.
(d) A new house.
4. Where does Lipsha drive in Chapter 1?
(a) Back to the reservation.
5. What does Albertine say she sought in school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Albertine's mother?
2. Who is Lulu's son?
3. Where do June and her brother usually sleep when their mother's boyfriend is over?
4. Who rescued Lipsha as a child?
5. How does Lulu feel about the way Marie raised Lipsha?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lipsha get a tattoo of and why?
2. Why does Albertine take part in the naming ceremony?
3. What happens when Lipsha feels that he sees his dead mother?
4. Why does Lipsha dislike his job?
5. What happens when Lipsha finds Fleur at the church in Chapter 11?
6. Why does June promise herself that no one will ever hold her again?
7. What do the people of the reservation assume about the young white boy with Fleur?
8. What happens when Lipsha admits that he needs love medicine?
9. Where does Lyman feel he lost his "true face"?
10. How is June Morrissey described?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)