|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the slot machine treat Lyman in his dream?
(a) He loses every time.
(b) He wins every time.
(c) The slot machine breaks.
(d) The slot machine tries to run away.
2. Why are the people of the reservation concerned about the young white boy using an umbrella?
(a) Because it isn't raining.
(b) Because children aren't allowed to carry their own umbrellas.
(c) Because the umbrella belongs to someone else.
(d) Because children receive knowledge from rain hitting their heads.
3. What does Lipsha do in the middle of his job hunt?
(a) Has lunch with Zelda.
(b) Takes a nap in the park.
(c) Plays games at an arcade.
(d) Stop to have a few drinks.
4. What did Shawnee's mother do after her father died?
(a) Moved away from the reservation.
(b) Found a job in the city.
(c) Forced Shawnee to get married.
(d) Admitted that she was having an affair.
5. Where does Lipsha live?
(c) On a reservation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lyman angry with Lipsha when he visits Shawnee?
2. What does June eat out of the oven before walking to the school bus?
3. What is the bingo hall's grand prize?
4. Where did Four Soul get her name?
5. Where do June and her brother usually sleep when their mother's boyfriend is over?
Short Essay Questions
1. What catches Albertine's attention when she is watching a documentary?
2. How does Lipsha feel that Zelda impacts his life?
3. What does Jewett assume about Fleur's land?
4. Where does Lyman feel he lost his "true face"?
5. What happens when Lipsha feels that he sees his dead mother?
6. What does Lipsha discover about Zelda's plans for him and Shawnee during their date?
7. What happened when Lipsha tried to heal Russell Kashpaw?
8. What makes Lipsha feel jealous when he visits Shawnee in Chapter 9?
9. What does Lipsha get a tattoo of and why?
10. How do Shawnee's parents act at the gathering?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)