|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the federal agents take Lulu with them?
(a) Because she won't talk to them.
(b) Because she has a wanted poster of Gerry.
(c) Because she admitted to stealing once.
(d) Because she has a stash of hidden money.
2. What does Shawnee see when she looks out her apartment window in Chapter 26?
(a) A student rally.
(b) A new car.
(d) A snowstorm.
3. To whose house does Zelda go at the end of Chapter 22?
(c) Mary Fred's.
4. What does Albertine feel was missing from her relationship with Zelda?
5. Why does Lyman call Shawnee in Chapter 26?
(a) To tell her about Lulu.
(b) To ask her to marry him.
(c) To talk to Redford.
(d) To tell her about Lipsha.
6. What does Lyman hear in the background during his fast?
(b) His brother's voice.
(d) People laughing.
7. Whom does Lipsha agree to meet in Fargo?
8. Lipsha confesses to missing whom during his spiritual trip at Xavier's?
9. What does Zelda take in her hand when she thinks she is dying?
(a) A Bible.
(b) Rosary beads.
(c) A feather.
(d) Nector's pipe.
10. Why does Gerry leave Lipsha on the side of the road?
(a) To drive off with his mother.
(b) Because Lipsha told him to leave.
(c) To go find help.
(d) Because they got in a fight.
11. How does Redford envision the coming danger while he is staying at his aunts'?
(a) A round ball of light.
(b) A big metal object.
(c) A loud banging.
(d) A small, hidden dagger.
12. Why do the other men laugh at Lipsha's spiritual journey?
(a) Because he put his clothes on wrong.
(b) Because he got lost in the woods.
(c) Because his vision took his money.
(d) Because he was sprayed by a skunk.
13. Henry used to do what after winning a competition?
(a) Buy dinner for his family.
(b) Take a vacation.
(c) Hug Lyman.
(d) Tease Lyman.
14. Where does Lipsha put his bingo winnings?
(a) Into a joint account with Lyman.
(b) Into Shawnee's mailbox.
(c) Under his mattress.
(d) Into buying toys for Redford.
15. Why is Lyman going to see Xavier Toose?
(a) To eat a great meal.
(b) To fight him.
(c) To ask for a loan.
(d) To try to have a vision.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lipsha describe what saved him from drowning as a baby?
2. What does the police officer do to Mary Fred when he sees her in the shed?
3. On what does the skunk judge Lipsha?
4. How does Xavier Toose add steam to the sweat lodge?
5. How is Shawnee's apartment at school described?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)