|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lipsha want to do with the baby in the back seat of the car?
(a) Try to find the parents.
(b) Leave it for someone to find.
(c) Raise it as his own.
(d) Hold it for ransom.
2. What does Shawnee remember her father rubbing on her arms and neck?
(a) A feather.
(b) A towel.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A bird.
3. Where is Xavier Toose's house?
(a) Near the woods.
(b) On a cliff.
(c) Next to the lake.
(d) In the city.
4. Why is Lyman going to see Xavier Toose?
(a) To fight him.
(b) To ask for a loan.
(c) To eat a great meal.
(d) To try to have a vision.
5. How is Shawnee's participation at the powwow?
(a) She skips the parts she is nervous about.
(b) She has to be urged to participate in every round.
(c) She earns points in every round.
(d) She decides to only perform one dance.
6. Why does Gerry drive the car off the side of the road?
(a) To avoid the police.
(b) He has a flat tire.
(c) He sees June.
(d) He needs to rest.
7. What does Shawnee do during her breaks at the powwow?
(a) She feasts.
(b) She reads a book.
(c) She takes a nap.
(d) She meets many white people.
8. When does Lipsha have a vision of his childhood in Chapter 20?
(a) During a fast.
(b) During a walk.
(c) During meditation.
(d) During a nap.
9. What does Shawnee's father tell her to ask for?
(a) Help and grace.
(b) Love and kindness.
(c) Money and success.
(d) Beauty and peace.
10. What report does Shawnee hear on the radio?
(a) That Lulu is missing.
(b) That Lipsha has been arrested.
(c) That Gerry has not been found.
(d) That Zelda has started a strike.
11. What is Shawnee making for Lipsha?
(a) A scrapbook.
(b) A shirt.
(c) A pie.
(d) A tie.
12. Who was Gerry's wife?
13. Why does Zelda feel she should take care of Redford when Shawnee goes to school?
(a) Shawnee's lack of money.
(b) Shawnee's forgetfulness.
(c) Shawnee's relationship with Lipsha.
(d) Shawnee's mistakes.
14. What does Lyman hear in the background during his fast?
(c) People laughing.
(d) His brother's voice.
15. What is Gerry's plan to be able to leave Fargo?
(b) Hitch a ride.
(c) Get a train ticket.
(d) Steal a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Lipsha's van start after he leaves the arcade?
2. Whom does Lipsha agree to meet in Fargo?
3. On what does the skunk judge Lipsha?
4. Where does Lipsha go after his van won't start?
5. Where do Lipsha and Lyman go to eat in Chapter 14?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)