|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many marshals escort Gerry on the plane ride?
2. How does Zelda look back on taking Redford from his aunts?
(a) With fear.
(b) With regret.
(c) With pride.
(d) With worry.
3. What does Shawnee see when she looks out her apartment window in Chapter 26?
(b) A new car.
(c) A student rally.
(d) A snowstorm.
4. How is Shawnee's apartment at school described?
5. Why does Lipsha want the stuffed toucan?
(a) To give to Redford.
(b) For a souvenir.
(c) To sell.
(d) For Shawnee.
6. Lipsha confesses to missing whom during his spiritual trip at Xavier's?
7. Shawnee says she feels like she never came down from what?
(a) Her father's arms throwing her in the air.
(b) The tree she climbed with her father.
(c) Her time spent with Lipsha.
(d) Her fear of dancing in the powwow.
8. Where is Xavier Toose's house?
(a) On a cliff.
(b) Near the woods.
(c) In the city.
(d) Next to the lake.
9. What does Zelda dream in Chapter 23?
(a) That Shawnee moved away.
(b) That she was tied down.
(c) That she broke Nector's pipe.
(d) That her heart explodes.
10. Who says, "It is calm, so calm"?
11. What type of storm makes driving difficult for Gerry in Chapter 24?
12. What is Shawnee making for Lipsha?
(a) A scrapbook.
(b) A shirt.
(c) A tie.
(d) A pie.
13. What does Shawnee do during her breaks at the powwow?
(a) She meets many white people.
(b) She takes a nap.
(c) She reads a book.
(d) She feasts.
14. Why is Lyman going to see Xavier Toose?
(a) To eat a great meal.
(b) To fight him.
(c) To ask for a loan.
(d) To try to have a vision.
15. What does the skunk remind Lipsha?
(a) That land is not his.
(b) That land is not real estate.
(c) That land is not free.
(d) That land is not love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lipsha go after his van won't start?
2. Why does Zelda feel she should take care of Redford when Shawnee goes to school?
3. Where do Lipsha and Lyman go to eat in Chapter 14?
4. What report does Shawnee hear on the radio?
5. Why can't the police officer and social worker step onto the aunts' property?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)