|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gerry leave Lipsha on the side of the road?
(a) To go find help.
(b) To drive off with his mother.
(c) Because Lipsha told him to leave.
(d) Because they got in a fight.
2. When does Lipsha have a vision of his childhood in Chapter 20?
(a) During a fast.
(b) During a walk.
(c) During meditation.
(d) During a nap.
3. Why does Gerry drive the car off the side of the road?
(a) He has a flat tire.
(b) He sees June.
(c) He needs to rest.
(d) To avoid the police.
4. How does Lipsha describe what saved him from drowning as a baby?
(a) Part human, part spirit.
(b) Part human, part wind.
(c) Part animal, part tree.
(d) Part spirit, part evil.
5. How does Redford envision the coming danger while he is staying at his aunts'?
(a) A round ball of light.
(b) A small, hidden dagger.
(c) A big metal object.
(d) A loud banging.
6. Why does Lipsha want the stuffed toucan?
(a) For a souvenir.
(b) For Shawnee.
(c) To give to Redford.
(d) To sell.
7. What does Shawnee's father tell her to ask for?
(a) Love and kindness.
(b) Help and grace.
(c) Beauty and peace.
(d) Money and success.
8. What report does Shawnee hear on the radio?
(a) That Gerry has not been found.
(b) That Lulu is missing.
(c) That Zelda has started a strike.
(d) That Lipsha has been arrested.
9. What signals the beginning of Shawnee's final dance at the powwow?
(d) Birds chirping.
10. Why is Lyman wearing Henry's clothes?
(a) Because he didn't bring his own.
(b) Because they are nicely made.
(c) To mock him
(d) To honor his legacy.
11. Where does Lipsha go after his van won't start?
(a) To the prison.
(b) To a bookstore.
(c) To the arcade.
(d) To the mall.
12. What does Lipsha want to do with the baby in the back seat of the car?
(a) Raise it as his own.
(b) Leave it for someone to find.
(c) Try to find the parents.
(d) Hold it for ransom.
13. Lipsha dreams that he is where in Chapter 22?
(a) At the new bingo hall.
(b) In Fargo.
(c) In jail.
(d) In college.
14. Where is Zelda when Albertine comes to visit in Chapter 19?
(a) The police station.
(b) The grocery store.
(d) The post office.
15. What does Lyman hear in the background during his fast?
(a) His brother's voice.
(c) People laughing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lulu act when questioned by the agents?
2. To whose house does Zelda go at the end of Chapter 22?
3. Why do the other men laugh at Lipsha's spiritual journey?
4. What does Zelda take in her hand when she thinks she is dying?
5. What does Redford do at the end of Chapter 15?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)