|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lipsha describe his aunt Zelda?
(a) Sneaky but kindhearted.
(b) Like a second mother.
(c) More of a force than a person.
(d) Difficult to understand.
2. What test did Lipsha do well at?
(b) Spelling test.
(c) Pre-college test.
(d) Driving test.
3. What does Shawnee admit to herself about her relationship with Lyman?
(a) She could never love him.
(b) She fears him.
(c) She is bored with him.
(d) She has always loved him.
4. What does Lipsha win while playing bingo in Chapter 7?
(a) A soda.
5. What does Lipsha say brought him back to the reservation?
6. How does Fleur outsmart Jewett?
(a) In a game of cards.
(b) With her money.
(c) She trades her worthless car.
(d) With a magic trick.
7. Who is Lulu's son?
(a) Gerry Nanapush.
(b) Nectar Kapshaw.
(c) Lipsha Morrissey.
(d) Ray Toose.
8. Who tells Lyman, "This time don't sell out for a barrel of weevil-shot flour and a mossy pork"?
9. Where is the gathering Lipsha attends at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) A country club.
(b) Someone's basement.
(c) A hall.
(d) A high school gym.
10. To whom does Lulu mail the "wanted" poster?
(a) The narrator.
(b) Lipsha Morrissey.
(c) Gerry Nanapush.
(d) Marie Kashpaw.
11. What type of documentary does Albertine watch the night she can't fall asleep?
(a) One on Native American reservations.
(b) One on bacteria.
(c) One on jails.
(d) One on the oceans.
12. What does Shawnee nickname Lipsha?
(a) Mr. Healer.
(b) Mr. Wrong.
(c) Mr. Money.
(d) Mr. Pipe.
13. Where did Four Soul get her name?
(a) She possessed more souls than she should have.
(b) She needed more soul in her life.
(c) She had multiple personalities.
(d) She had one soul for each direction.
14. Where does Lipsha decide to take Shawnee for dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) An Italian restaurant.
(b) A Mexican restaurant.
(c) A Chinese restaurant.
(d) His apartment.
15. Who is the father of Shawnee Ray's son, Redford?
(b) Zelda's long-lost cousin.
(c) Elward Strong Ribs.
(d) Lyman Lamartine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people realize about the young white boy when the sun comes out?
2. Where is Lulu going in the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. Whose face does Lyman not see on the slot machine?
4. Where does Lyman go in his dream after leaving the slot machine?
5. What does Lipsha realize when he attends a social gathering at the end of Chapter 1?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)