|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lulu's son?
(a) Nectar Kapshaw.
(b) Gerry Nanapush.
(c) Ray Toose.
(d) Lipsha Morrissey.
2. Who tells Lyman, "This time don't sell out for a barrel of weevil-shot flour and a mossy pork"?
3. What does Lipsha want to tell the officer about the pipe he finds?
(a) Not to break the sacred item.
(b) Not to disrespect the sacred item.
(c) That it's ancient.
(d) That he can keep it as a bribe.
4. What does June eat out of the oven before walking to the school bus?
(a) Roasted vegetables.
(b) Part of a pie.
(d) Burnt crumbs.
5. Whose face does Lyman not see on the slot machine?
(a) His own.
6. Where does Lyman take a business trip?
(b) Las Vegas.
(c) New York City.
(d) Los Angeles.
7. Where was Lipsha left by his mother?
(a) At his grandmother's house.
(b) On the steps of a church.
(c) Behind the hospital.
(d) To drown in a marsh.
8. What is the bingo hall's grand prize?
(a) Free dinner for a month.
(b) A luxury van.
(c) A set of watches.
(d) A new house.
9. Whom does Shawnee call for help when she is detained at the Canadian border?
10. What does Marie offer Lipsha as his inheritance?
(a) A box.
(b) A rug.
(c) A piece of jewelry.
(d) A pipe.
11. What financial advice does Lyman give Lipsha?
(a) To put his money in a bank account.
(b) To double his money playing blackjack.
(c) To save as much as he can and hide it.
(d) To invest in bingo.
12. Why did the Chippewa come to Albertine's reservation?
(a) In search of food and land.
(b) In search of money and friends.
(c) They were lost.
(d) The U.S. government forced them.
13. What does Lipsha do for a living?
(a) Warden at a prison.
(c) Shovels sugar.
(d) He is unemployed.
14. What does Albertine say she sought in school?
15. Where does Albertine search through her family's records?
(a) At the church.
(b) At the university.
(c) At her aunt's house.
(d) At the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Zelda have talk to Lipsha at the gathering?
2. What did Shawnee's mother do after her father died?
3. To whom does Lulu mail the "wanted" poster?
4. What does Lipsha say brought him back to the reservation?
5. How does Lulu feel about the way Marie raised Lipsha?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)