|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is said to have a "foot on death's row"?
(a) Fleur Pillager.
(b) Lipsha Morrissey.
(c) Marie Kapshaw.
(d) Lulu Lamartine.
2. Where was Lipsha left by his mother?
(a) Behind the hospital.
(b) To drown in a marsh.
(c) On the steps of a church.
(d) At his grandmother's house.
3. On whom does Lipsha focus all his attention at the gathering in Chapter 2?
(a) Shawnee Ray.
(c) Irene Toose.
4. What type of documentary does Albertine watch the night she can't fall asleep?
(a) One on the oceans.
(b) One on jails.
(c) One on Native American reservations.
(d) One on bacteria.
5. Who makes Lipsha tea and bean soup in Chapter 11?
(d) He makes it himself.
6. What does Lipsha fear as he walks on ancestral grounds in Chapter 11?
(a) That the ancestors will turn Shawnee against him.
(b) That he'll lose all of his power.
(c) That the huge bingo hall plan won't work.
(d) That his bad deeds will catch up with him.
7. What do the people realize about the young white boy when the sun comes out?
(a) He is much younger than they thought.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He isn't really white.
(d) He doesn't cast a shadow.
8. What does June eat out of the oven before walking to the school bus?
(a) Burnt crumbs.
(b) Roasted vegetables.
(c) Part of a pie.
9. Where does June go to avoid her angry mother?
(a) To a river.
(b) To a tree.
(c) To a hill.
(d) To a park.
10. Where does the narrator assume Shawnee's sisters are at the gathering?
(a) Outside drinking.
(b) Hiding from the boys.
(c) At home.
(d) In the bathroom smoking.
11. What does Shawnee admit to herself in Chapter 10?
(a) That she will marry Lyman.
(b) That she regrets meeting Lipsha.
(c) That she is afraid to move out.
(d) That she has fallen for Lipsha.
12. Who is the father of Shawnee Ray's son, Redford?
(a) Elward Strong Ribs.
(b) Lyman Lamartine.
(d) Zelda's long-lost cousin.
13. What part of Albertine's bloodline does she search through in Chapter 3?
(a) The Nanapushes.
(b) The Pillagers.
(c) The Lamartines.
(d) The Tooses.
14. Why did Albertine leave school to visit the reservation?
(a) Out of fear.
(b) Out of respect.
(c) Out of duty.
(d) Out of love.
15. Who tells Lyman, "This time don't sell out for a barrel of weevil-shot flour and a mossy pork"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lipsha decide to take Shawnee for dinner in Chapter 4?
2. What does Lipsha realize when he attends a social gathering at the end of Chapter 1?
3. What does Lipsha want to tell the officer about the pipe he finds?
4. What does Lyman spend the entire night before his business meeting doing?
5. How does Lipsha describe his aunt Zelda?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)