|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Lipsha wish he could carry himself like?
(a) The Canadian guard.
(c) His grandfather.
2. To whom does Lipsha turn for guidance with his medicinal abilities?
3. What does Shawnee admit to herself in Chapter 10?
(a) That she is afraid to move out.
(b) That she has fallen for Lipsha.
(c) That she will marry Lyman.
(d) That she regrets meeting Lipsha.
4. Who is June's mother?
5. Why does Lipsha give Shawnee money at the hotel?
(a) So she feels insulted.
(b) To help further her career.
(c) So she can get a cab ride home.
(d) To give her gas money.
6. Where does Lipsha live?
(c) On a reservation.
7. What does Shawnee admit to herself about her relationship with Lyman?
(a) She has always loved him.
(b) She fears him.
(c) She is bored with him.
(d) She could never love him.
8. What does Lipsha do in the middle of his job hunt?
(a) Has lunch with Zelda.
(b) Takes a nap in the park.
(c) Stop to have a few drinks.
(d) Plays games at an arcade.
9. Whom does Albertine recognize in the documentary?
(a) Gerry Nanapush.
(b) Lulu Lamartine.
(c) The president of her college.
(d) A long-lost cousin.
10. What does Lipsha realize when he attends a social gathering at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) That he doesn't fit into any group.
(b) That he can't remember anyone's name.
(c) That he doesn't like his job.
(d) That he doesn't know how to dance.
11. What is Shawnee Ray Toose also known as?
(a) Miss Tall One.
(b) Miss Big Cat.
(c) Miss Smiley.
(d) Miss Little Shell.
12. What financial advice does Lyman give Lipsha?
(a) To invest in bingo.
(b) To put his money in a bank account.
(c) To save as much as he can and hide it.
(d) To double his money playing blackjack.
13. What does Lipsha fear as he walks on ancestral grounds in Chapter 11?
(a) That his bad deeds will catch up with him.
(b) That he'll lose all of his power.
(c) That the ancestors will turn Shawnee against him.
(d) That the huge bingo hall plan won't work.
14. What type of documentary does Albertine watch the night she can't fall asleep?
(a) One on Native American reservations.
(b) One on jails.
(c) One on bacteria.
(d) One on the oceans.
15. Who is the father of Shawnee Ray's son, Redford?
(b) Lyman Lamartine.
(c) Elward Strong Ribs.
(d) Zelda's long-lost cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Shawnee decide to move?
2. What does Lipsha win while playing bingo in Chapter 7?
3. Where does Lyman go in his dream after leaving the slot machine?
4. Where does Lipsha drive in Chapter 1?
5. How does Lulu bet in bingo?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)