|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Lipsha wish he could carry himself like?
(c) The Canadian guard.
(d) His grandfather.
2. Whom does Zelda have talk to Lipsha at the gathering?
3. Who is Albertine's mother?
(c) Shawnee Ray.
4. What does Lyman do with Nector's pipe at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Loses it.
(b) Pawns it.
(c) Breaks it.
(d) Gives it away.
5. What does Lipsha do for a living?
(a) Warden at a prison.
(b) He is unemployed.
(c) Shovels sugar.
6. To whom does Lulu mail the "wanted" poster?
(a) Marie Kashpaw.
(b) Lipsha Morrissey.
(c) Gerry Nanapush.
(d) The narrator.
7. Where does Lipsha decide to take Shawnee for dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) An Italian restaurant.
(b) His apartment.
(c) A Mexican restaurant.
(d) A Chinese restaurant.
8. What does Shawnee nickname Lipsha?
(a) Mr. Pipe.
(b) Mr. Wrong.
(c) Mr. Healer.
(d) Mr. Money.
9. What financial advice does Lyman give Lipsha?
(a) To double his money playing blackjack.
(b) To put his money in a bank account.
(c) To save as much as he can and hide it.
(d) To invest in bingo.
10. Where did Four Soul get her name?
(a) She needed more soul in her life.
(b) She had one soul for each direction.
(c) She had multiple personalities.
(d) She possessed more souls than she should have.
11. What does Zelda say she knew before the dance?
(a) That it would last all night.
(b) That the punch would be strong.
(c) That Shawnee would be the hit of the gathering.
(d) That Lipsha would be there.
12. What do the people realize about the young white boy when the sun comes out?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He doesn't cast a shadow.
(c) He isn't really white.
(d) He is much younger than they thought.
13. Who is June's mother?
14. How does Lipsha describe his aunt Zelda?
(a) Like a second mother.
(b) More of a force than a person.
(c) Difficult to understand.
(d) Sneaky but kindhearted.
15. Why are the people of the reservation concerned about the young white boy using an umbrella?
(a) Because children receive knowledge from rain hitting their heads.
(b) Because it isn't raining.
(c) Because the umbrella belongs to someone else.
(d) Because children aren't allowed to carry their own umbrellas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Albertine wear at the gathering?
2. Where does Lyman take a business trip?
3. Where does Lipsha go after giving up on his ID forms?
4. What does Albertine say she sought in school?
5. Who is Lulu's son?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)