|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lipsha decide to take Shawnee for dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) A Mexican restaurant.
(b) A Chinese restaurant.
(c) His apartment.
(d) An Italian restaurant.
2. What does Lyman tell Lipsha that Shawnee would dislike about him?
(a) His playing too much bingo.
(b) His secret drinking during work hours.
(c) His van, which is totaled.
(d) His attempt to trade his pipe for her affection.
3. By what other name is Fleur known in the community?
4. Where does Lyman take a business trip?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York City.
(d) Las Vegas.
5. What does Albertine say she sought in school?
6. Where does Lipsha wait in Chapter 7, hoping to run into Shawnee?
(a) The laundromat.
(b) The library.
(c) The post office.
(d) The bingo hall.
7. What does Zelda tell Lipsha about Fleur?
(a) That she wanted to marry a white man.
(b) That she knew how to fly.
(c) That she owned the first bingo hall.
(d) That she tried to kill herself.
8. What does Zelda say she knew before the dance?
(a) That the punch would be strong.
(b) That Shawnee would be the hit of the gathering.
(c) That it would last all night.
(d) That Lipsha would be there.
9. What does Lyman do with Nector's pipe at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Gives it away.
(b) Loses it.
(c) Pawns it.
(d) Breaks it.
10. Where does the narrator assume Shawnee's sisters are at the gathering?
(a) Outside drinking.
(b) Hiding from the boys.
(c) In the bathroom smoking.
(d) At home.
11. What part of Albertine's bloodline does she search through in Chapter 3?
(a) The Pillagers.
(b) The Lamartines.
(c) The Tooses.
(d) The Nanapushes.
12. Whom does Albertine recognize in the documentary?
(a) Gerry Nanapush.
(b) Lulu Lamartine.
(c) A long-lost cousin.
(d) The president of her college.
13. Where does Lipsha live?
(a) On a reservation.
14. What job does Lipsha take in Chapter 5?
(a) Bartender at a night club.
(b) Worker at the post office.
(c) Usher at a movie theater.
(d) Cleaning Lyman's bingo hall.
15. Where does Lipsha go after giving up on his ID forms?
(c) The bingo hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lipsha do in the middle of his job hunt?
2. Why did Albertine leave school to visit the reservation?
3. Whom does Shawnee call for help when she is detained at the Canadian border?
4. What is Shawnee Ray Toose also known as?
5. Where does Albertine search through her family's records?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)