|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zelda say she knew before the dance?
(a) That Lipsha would be there.
(b) That it would last all night.
(c) That the punch would be strong.
(d) That Shawnee would be the hit of the gathering.
2. What does Lipsha tell Shawnee about his tattoo?
(a) That he got it for her.
(b) That it represents his mother.
(c) That it didn't hurt that much.
(d) That it is meaningless.
3. What does Albertine shout at the TV as she watches the documentary?
(c) "How could you?"
(d) "Please end!"
4. Whom does Lipsha wish he could carry himself like?
(b) The Canadian guard.
(d) His grandfather.
5. How does June wake up at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) To the feeling of being slapped.
(b) To her mother's crying.
(c) To the feeling of being thrown.
(d) To her brother's yelling.
6. What does Lipsha fear as he walks on ancestral grounds in Chapter 11?
(a) That his bad deeds will catch up with him.
(b) That the huge bingo hall plan won't work.
(c) That the ancestors will turn Shawnee against him.
(d) That he'll lose all of his power.
7. Whom does Albertine recognize in the documentary?
(a) Gerry Nanapush.
(b) Lulu Lamartine.
(c) The president of her college.
(d) A long-lost cousin.
8. Where do June and her brother usually sleep when their mother's boyfriend is over?
(a) In a tree.
(b) In a park.
(c) In the bush.
(d) In a car.
9. Who tells Lyman, "This time don't sell out for a barrel of weevil-shot flour and a mossy pork"?
10. What does Lyman ask Lipsha to do for his dream bingo hall?
(a) Work at it.
(b) Draw a picture of the interior.
(c) Discuss it with the city.
(d) Invest in it.
11. To what does Lipsha compare the light of Zelda's smile?
(a) That of the sea.
(b) That of a saint.
(c) That of the sun.
(d) That of a goddess.
12. Where does Lipsha decide to take Shawnee for dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) A Chinese restaurant.
(b) His apartment.
(c) A Mexican restaurant.
(d) An Italian restaurant.
13. What does Lyman do with Nector's pipe at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Gives it away.
(b) Breaks it.
(c) Pawns it.
(d) Loses it.
14. What does Albertine say her mother was known for?
(a) Humor and smiles.
(b) Rudeness and isolation.
(c) Gifts and charity.
(d) Cruelty and judgment.
15. Where does Lyman take a business trip?
(a) New York City.
(b) Las Vegas.
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of documentary does Albertine watch the night she can't fall asleep?
2. What does Shawnee admit to herself about her relationship with Lyman?
3. Where does June go to avoid her angry mother?
4. Where does Lyman go in his dream after leaving the slot machine?
5. Where does Lipsha wait in Chapter 7, hoping to run into Shawnee?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)