|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the people of the reservation concerned about the young white boy using an umbrella?
(a) Because the umbrella belongs to someone else.
(b) Because it isn't raining.
(c) Because children aren't allowed to carry their own umbrellas.
(d) Because children receive knowledge from rain hitting their heads.
2. Where do June and her brother usually sleep when their mother's boyfriend is over?
(a) In the bush.
(b) In a park.
(c) In a car.
(d) In a tree.
3. What does Mary Fred do when the police officer steps near her in the shed?
(a) She attacks him.
(b) She throws a rake at him.
(c) She kneels before him.
(d) She cries.
4. What season is it at the end of Chapter 21?
5. What job does Lipsha take in Chapter 5?
(a) Cleaning Lyman's bingo hall.
(b) Bartender at a night club.
(c) Usher at a movie theater.
(d) Worker at the post office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Shawnee call for help when she is detained at the Canadian border?
2. Where does Lipsha put his bingo winnings?
3. What does Albertine say she sought in school?
4. When does Lipsha have a vision of his childhood in Chapter 20?
5. What does Lipsha say brought him back to the reservation?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)