|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zelda give Lipsha as a gift?
(a) A wreath.
(b) A tie.
(c) A poster.
(d) A fruitcake.
2. Where does the narrator assume Shawnee's sisters are at the gathering?
(a) Outside drinking.
(b) In the bathroom smoking.
(c) At home.
(d) Hiding from the boys.
3. What does June eat out of the oven before walking to the school bus?
(a) Burnt crumbs.
(b) Part of a pie.
(c) Roasted vegetables.
4. What did Shawnee's mother do after her father died?
(a) Moved away from the reservation.
(b) Forced Shawnee to get married.
(c) Found a job in the city.
(d) Admitted that she was having an affair.
5. What does Albertine say her mother was known for?
(a) Cruelty and judgment.
(b) Humor and smiles.
(c) Gifts and charity.
(d) Rudeness and isolation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Shawnee call for help when she is detained at the Canadian border?
2. Who is Albertine's mother?
3. Why does Lyman feel he should have Lipsha's pipe?
4. What job does Lipsha take in Chapter 5?
5. Where does June go to avoid her angry mother?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)