|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator say is holding back the Royal Navy at the time of the two mutinies?
(a) The French.
(b) The Spanish.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The Germans.
2. How is Admiral Sir Horatio Nelson killed?
(a) He is drowned.
(b) He is strangled.
(c) He is stabbed.
(d) He is shot.
3. Which of the following is NOT a member of the Captain's drumhead court?
(a) The First Lieutenant.
(b) The Sailing Master.
(c) The Captain of Marines.
(d) The head foreman.
4. Which of the following is NOT something that Claggart is exceedingly jealous of in Billy Budd?
(a) His good looks.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His strength.
(d) His friendly attitude.
5. With whom do the other sailors agree with over Billy Budd's punishment?
(a) The Surgeon.
(b) The Captain.
(c) The Admiral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What elements of ship's life are mirrored in the world outside the ship?
2. Who causes the uncomfortable incident in chapter 10?
3. Which character stares at Billy with a meditative and melancholy expression in chapter 17?
4. Why does the narrator state that sailors are less likely to distrust each other?
5. About what subject does Captain Vere ramble to his sailors, citing examples that the men have never heard of?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)