Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy compare in experience to the other sailors aboard "The Bellipotent"?
(a) Billy is a less experienced sailor.
(b) There is no mention of Billy's sailing experience.
(c) Billy is an equally experienced sailor.
(d) Billy is a more experienced sailor.
2. What does the narrator compare Billy's morality to?
(a) A saint.
(b) An angel.
(c) A child.
(d) An animal.
3. Which of these factors does the narrator claim leads to Claggart's evil ways?
(a) He was abused by his fellow sailors.
(b) The evil was in his soul at birth.
(c) The evil was passed down from his parents.
(d) He was led astray by books.
4. What interesting item does Captain Vere always bring aboard ship when he returns from land?
5. To what does the narrator suggest the reader should turn to in the hopes of understanding Claggart's character?
(a) The sea.
(b) The earth.
(c) The stars.
(d) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which mutiny is referred to as "the Great Mutiny"?
2. Which mutiny is discussed in chapter five?
3. Why is Billy reprimanded in chapter nine?
4. What does Billy Budd swear after witnessing the punishment of the young sailor?
5. What is Admiral Sir Horatio Nelson wearing on the day that he dies?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)