Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interesting fact is revealed about Billy Budd's childhood?
(a) He was a prince.
(b) He was one of seven sons.
(c) He was born through an immaculate conception.
(d) He was abandoned.
2. What affliction plagues Billy when he is nervous?
(a) He blushes.
(b) He stutters.
(c) He sweats.
(d) He shakes.
3. How many days after meeting with Dansker does Billy Budd have a run-in with Claggart?
4. What is the nickname that Captain Vere is given by his sailors?
(a) Snowy Vere.
(b) Windy Vere.
(c) Sunny Vere.
(d) Starry Vere.
5. What nickname does Dansker give to Billy Budd?
(a) Bubbly Budd.
(b) Bright Budd.
(c) Baby Budd.
(d) Batty Budd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a mutiny?
2. What is the greatest fear in the British Navy?
3. What is John Claggart's responsibility on board the ship?
4. Which philosopher is named by the narrator as being of particular interest to Captain Vere?
5. In Chapter Three, while informing the reader about the histories of the sea, what does the narrator say about the sailors who mutinied against their captains in the historic mutinies that are mentioned?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)