Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the one sailor that does not like Billy Budd stick a knife on Billy's body?
(a) In his heart.
(b) In his ribs.
(c) In his neck.
(d) In his back.
2. What is Billy's reaction to his new assignment to join the King's fleet?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is terrified.
(c) He is thrilled.
(d) He is upset.
3. Which of the following best describes Captain Vere's attitude?
4. After the introduction of sailor mutinies, what is the next technological advance that the narrator reflects on?
5. How old is Captain Vere?
(a) In his thirties.
(b) In his fifties.
(c) In his forties.
(d) In his twenties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billy's one weakness?
2. Which Captain is involved in the mutiny at Nore?
3. What elements of ship's life are mirrored in the world outside the ship?
4. What are the authorities afraid of in meeting the mutinous sailors' requests?
5. What book does Billy regularly read from?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)