Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What affliction plagues Billy when he is nervous?
(a) He shakes.
(b) He blushes.
(c) He sweats.
(d) He stutters.
2. What book does Billy regularly read from?
(a) From a sailor's handbook.
(b) From a weather guide.
(c) Billy is illiterate.
(d) From the Bible.
3. Which philosopher is named by the narrator as being of particular interest to Captain Vere?
(a) St. Thomas Aquinas.
(b) John Locke.
(c) Michael de Montaigne.
4. Returning to the mutinies of 1797, how many of the sailors' requests are met by those in charge?
(a) Some, but not all requests were met.
(b) None of the requests were met.
(c) The story does not say how many requests were met.
(d) All of the requests were met.
5. How do the other sailors aboard the ship react to Captain Vere's collection?
(a) They are apathetic to it.
(b) They are angered by it.
(c) They are saddened by it.
(d) They are excited by it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Billy to lose his voice on occasion?
2. In chapter four, which sailor is hailed as the greatest of all time?
3. Which mutiny is discussed in chapter five?
4. What is the name of the mutiny that leads to Admiral Nelson's promotion?
5. What does the narrator claim these new technologies in battle lead to?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)