|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Admiral Sir Horatio Nelson wearing on the day that he dies?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A feather hat.
(c) A chained gold medallion.
(d) His war medals.
2. How does the narrator claim that the world will remember Admiral Sir Horatio Nelson?
(a) As the most foolish sailor who ever lived.
(b) As the most intelligent sailor who ever lived.
(c) As the most dangerous sailor who ever lived.
(d) As the greatest sailor who ever lived.
3. What does Billy threaten to do to the mysterious man?
(a) Hang him from the rafters.
(b) Slit his throat.
(c) Throw him overboard.
(d) Turn him in to the Captain.
4. How many days after meeting with Dansker does Billy Budd have a run-in with Claggart?
5. What is the plan that the mysterious man bribes Billy to be a part of?
(a) A theft.
(b) A murder.
(c) A mutiny.
(d) An escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter four, which naval commander is hailed as one of the greatest strategists of all time?
2. How do Captain Vere's officers view their commander's seafaring skills?
3. How do the other sailors react to Claggart in chapter 10?
4. Who does Claggart bump into as he is walking away from Billy Budd's spill?
5. What reason does the narrator give for the potential motivation that Captain Vere has for collecting the unusual items from land?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)