|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marlow have?
2. How many guns does Marlowe have at the end of the chapter?
3. Who does Marlowe want to see at the Sternwood's house?
4. Which edition of Ben Hur is Marlowe looking for?
5. What does Marlowe follow in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Marlowe does when he gets back to his apartment in chapter 30.
2. What information does Marlowe leave out from his story?
3. How does Harry claim Mars killed Regan?
4. What does Ohl's say in his phone conversation to Marlowe?
5. Describe what happens at the abandoned oil well in chapter 3.
6. What does Brody need to run Geiger's business successfully?
7. What's Marlowe's excuse for looking for Regan?
8. How does Marlowe know that Jones has been poisoned?
9. Describe the tussle at the beginning of chapter 23.
10. Why does Canino think Marlowe is dead?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Cahndler's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Compare the characters of Marlowe and Vivian:
1) In what way are their morals different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Do you think they are the perfect match?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Chandler's life. In what way do you think his life and personality is reflected in the book?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)