|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Geiger arrive?
(a) 4 p.m.
(b) 6 p.m.
(c) 2 p.m.
(d) 3:30 p.m.
2. What is written in the blue book?
(a) General notes
(d) Names and addresses
3. Who does Marlowe find at Geiger's house?
4. Where does Marlowe discover tracks?
(a) The garden
(b) The bathroom tiles
(c) The kitchen tiles
(d) The carpet
5. Who does Marlowe talk to in chapter three?
(b) The Butler
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car do the Sternwood's own?
2. where does Marlowe take the killer?
3. What does the man hide behind in this chapter?
4. What is the name of the lead investigator for the District Attorney?
5. What is missing from the camera?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Marlowe leave out from his story?
2. What does Marlowe hear when he eavesdrops on the conversation in chapter 26?
3. What does Marlowe tell Eddie on the phone?
4. How does Marlowe know that Jones has been poisoned?
5. How does Marlowe get Brody to lower his gun?
6. Why can Marlowe not catch the killer?
7. What happens at 7:20?
8. What does Ohl's say in his phone conversation to Marlowe?
9. What clue does Marlowe find?
10. How does Mars react to the fact that there maybe a gray Plymouth on Marlowe's tail?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)