|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mars get his men out of the car?
(a) He stamps his feet
(b) He shouts
(c) He whistles
(d) He claps
2. Where does Marlowe discover tracks?
(a) The kitchen tiles
(b) The bathroom tiles
(c) The carpet
(d) The garden
3. What is the only thing that Carmen is wearing?
(a) A hat
(d) A bra
4. What is Owen's position with the Sternwood family?
5. Where does Marlowe wait for Geiger?
(a) In a bar
(b) In a restaurant
(c) In his car
(d) In the shop
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marlowe call in this chapter?
2. How many bullet holes does Geiger have in his chest?
3. Whose bedroom did the id move Geiger's body?
4. What does Marlowe demand from Brody?
5. What does Marlowe hit Agnes on the head with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Marlowe leave out from his story?
2. What does Marlowe find out about Eddie in chapter 13?
3. What does Brody admit to Marlowe in chapter 16?
4. What does Marlowe tell Eddie on the phone?
5. How does Marlowe show his intelligence in chapter 20?
6. What happens at 7:20?
7. Describe the tussle at the beginning of chapter 23.
8. Why is the Sternwood's butler happy in chapter 21?
9. How does Marlowe make the woman in Geiger's store nervous?
10. Why does Marlowe not want the Butler to call a taxi?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)