|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marlowe accuse Eddie of protecting?
(a) Geiger's porn business
(b) His own interests
(d) A murderer
2. What does the General ask Marlowe to take off?
(a) His gun holster
(b) His trousers
(c) His coat
(d) His hat
3. What does Marlowe follow in this chapter?
(a) Geiger's deliverly truck
(b) Carmen's car
(c) General Sternwood's wheelchair
(d) Geiger's cab
4. Who owns Gieger's house?
(a) Eddie Mars
(c) Joe Brody
(d) General Sternwood
5. How much did the woman demand for the negative?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many guns does Marlowe have at the end of the chapter?
2. What does Marlowe go home to do?
3. What country is Rusty from?
4. Which character is dead?
5. Who walks up the drive while Marlowe is on the phone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What points to the fact that Marlowe has no money?
2. Describe what happens at the abandoned oil well in chapter 3.
3. What does Marlowe see when he heads outside?
4. What does Carmen remember from the night before?
5. Describe the Sternwood house
6. In what way has the woman threatened Vivian?
7. Why is the Sternwood's butler happy in chapter 21?
8. Describe the two Sternwood girls.
9. Describe the tussle at the beginning of chapter 23.
10. What does Brody need to run Geiger's business successfully?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)