|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color hair does Eddie's wife have?
2. Where does Marlowe take Vivian?
(a) A diner
(b) A bar
(c) To the Sternwood's
(d) His apartment
3. Who doe Marlowe think has something on Vivian?
(a) Rusty Regan
(b) The Kid
(d) Eddie Mars
4. What does Marlow hide behind?
(a) A tree
(b) A bench
(c) A car
(d) A wall
5. What king does Marlowe refer to in this chapter?
(a) Henry the Eighth
(b) Henry the Sixth
(c) George the First
(d) Edward the Second
6. What is the man wearing on his face?
(a) Sun cream
(c) A mask
(d) A false beard
7. Who told Mrs. Mars to hide out?
(b) Rusty Regan
(c) Eddie Mars
8. Whose visit does Marlowe leave out of his story?
(a) Carmenn Sternwood
(b) Eddie Mars
(c) Vivian Regan
(d) Owen Taylor
9. What does Vivian put all her winnings on?
(b) 25 red
10. Who does Marlowe find naked in his bed?
(b) Eddie Mars
11. What is Mona Grant's profession?
12. Which character was Rusty married to?
(d) Mrs. Mars
13. What does Marlowe ask Carmen to shoot at?
(a) A bottle
(b) A cat
(c) A can
(d) A horse
14. Who does Marlowe say he was trying to protect?
(a) His client
(c) The police
(d) His parents
15. What does Marlowe hear Harry say when he first arrives?
(d) Mars bar
Short Answer Questions
1. How many newspapers does Marlowe read the following morning?
2. How many time does Marlowe shoot Canino?
3. Who does Vivian worry about in this chapter?
4. Who calls Marlowe in this chapter?
5. Who sent the man to tail Marlowe?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)