|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, scene 1, what does Robert say Andrew has been doing for the last eight years?
2. What does Ruth tell Robert when she goes up to the hilltop?
3. What time is the train to New York City that the specialist travels on?
4. What does Andrew try and convince Ruth to do because he thinks she owes Robert?
5. Why does Andrew call Ruth a murderess?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the reasons that Andrew gives for going on the sea voyage. Why does he lie to his father? Do you think he regrets his lie? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think it is fair that Ruth asks Robert to cancel his plans for the sea voyage and stay at home with her? In what ways does she manipulate him to make this decision? Explain using specific supporting examples.
Essay Topic 3
What is Mrs. Atkins' role in the play? Provide three examples of how Mrs. Atkins influences the lives of others.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)