|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cradles Robert's head in her lap?
2. What does Andrew's rage change to at the end of the play when he is speaking to Ruth?
3. What doesn't Ruth want to tell Robert at the end of the play?
4. What does Mary notice about her mother at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Who calls Ruth a "mad fool" as Robert is sick in bed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the themes of bad luck/good luck. How do we see these themes used in the play? Who is most closely connected with bad luck and what does he hope for to turn his luck around?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of suffering in this play. Who seems to have suffered the most? Use textual examples to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways did Robert ignore his true calling? What were the consequences of this decision? Discuss using specific textual examples to support your viewpoint.
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)