|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job is Andrew going to have on the ship bound for Argentina?
2. What are the last words spoken in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What does Andrew's rage change to at the end of the play when he is speaking to Ruth?
4. What does Ruth cover her face with after Robert dies?
5. Who told Robert to go to the "far-off places" to be cured?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Robert's disappointment in Andrew's lack of description about his sea voyages. What kind of details does Robert want to know about his travels? How does Andrew fail to provide that information?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think it is fair that Ruth asks Robert to cancel his plans for the sea voyage and stay at home with her? In what ways does she manipulate him to make this decision? Explain using specific supporting examples.
Essay Topic 3
What is Mrs. Atkins' role in the play? Provide three examples of how Mrs. Atkins influences the lives of others.
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)