|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cradles Robert's head in her lap?
2. What does Andrew ask Ruth for in the last scene of the play?
3. How does Robert describe Andrew's letters that he wrote to them while he was on the voyage?
4. What is open in the bedroom when Ruth goes in to talk with Robert?
5. Who calls Ruth a "mad fool" as Robert is sick in bed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Robert's relationship with his daughter Mary? Do you agree or disagree that he seems to be a better parent than Ruth? Explain your viewpoint using specific textual examples.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Andrew's perspective about telling lies. When does he tell lies in the play and why does he choose to do so? What are the consequences for him?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Andrew's physical appearance and personality at the beginning of the play and contrast it with how he looks and behaves at the end of the play. What do you think caused these changes?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)