Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert see rising from the rim of the hills at the end of the play?
2. What does Andrew say to Ruth about his feelings for Robert in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What does Andrew's rage change to at the end of the play when he is speaking to Ruth?
4. Whose mind is described as "sinking back into that spent calm beyond the further troubling of any hope"?
5. What is the last word Robert says in the play?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the play, Andrew is held up as an example of a good farmer. Discuss the other character's view of him as the person who will turn the farm around. Does he succeed in fulfilling these expectations? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Andrew's physical appearance and personality at the beginning of the play and contrast it with how he looks and behaves at the end of the play. What do you think caused these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Dick Scott and his role in the play. How does he have a significant impact on Andrew, Robert, and Ruth's lives?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)