Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert see rising from the rim of the hills at the end of the play?
2. What does Andrew say to Ruth about his feelings for Robert in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What does Andrew's rage change to at the end of the play when he is speaking to Ruth?
4. Whose mind is described as "sinking back into that spent calm beyond the further troubling of any hope"?
5. What is the last word Robert says in the play?
Essay Topic 1
What is Robert's relationship with his daughter Mary? Do you agree or disagree that he seems to be a better parent than Ruth? Explain your viewpoint using specific textual examples.
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did Robert ignore his true calling? What were the consequences of this decision? Discuss using specific textual examples to support your viewpoint.
Essay Topic 3
What is Mrs. Atkins' role in the play? Provide three examples of how Mrs. Atkins influences the lives of others.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)