|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job is Andrew going to have on the ship bound for Argentina?
2. What is the setting of the last scene in the play?
3. What does Robert want Andrew to promise in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. How many telegrams did Ruth and Robert receive from Andrew in New York?
5. What does Robert stumble into at the end of the play?
Essay Topic 1
What is Robert's relationship with his daughter Mary? Do you agree or disagree that he seems to be a better parent than Ruth? Explain your viewpoint using specific textual examples.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Dick Scott and his role in the play. How does he have a significant impact on Andrew, Robert, and Ruth's lives?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the play, Andrew is held up as an example of a good farmer. Discuss the other character's view of him as the person who will turn the farm around. Does he succeed in fulfilling these expectations? Why or why not?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)