|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew's rage change to at the end of the play when he is speaking to Ruth?
2. What is wrong with the curtains in the sitting room in Act 3?
3. What does Robert say about Ruth at the end of the play?
4. Who says I wouldn't "know how to feel love, even if I tried" in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. How is the apple tree at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2 described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of person is Ruth? Do you think she had a difficult life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe two different settings in this play and discuss how they reflect a character's level of prosperity and emotional well-being.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Robert's view of his life. How does he feel he's come full circle to his original desires? What does he seem to expect in an afterlife?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)