|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Andrew leave right away for the ship bound for Argentina?
2. What time of day is it at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Who says "It's a free beginning--the start of my voyage?"
4. What does Andrew try and convince Ruth to do because he thinks she owes Robert?
5. What kind of business does Andrew want to get into in Argentina?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1What is Robert's relationship with his daughter Mary? Do you agree or disagree that he seems to be a better parent than Ruth? Explain your viewpoint using specific textual examples.
Essay Topic 2Describe two different settings in this play and discuss how they reflect a character's level of prosperity and emotional well-being.
Essay Topic 3In what ways did Robert ignore his true calling? What were the consequences of this decision? Discuss using specific textual examples to support your viewpoint.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)