|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is dressed in white and looks pretty and fresh in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What is Uncle Dick tending in the port while Andrew is on the hilltop?
3. What does Robert say he feels like he's been cooped up in all his life?
4. Why can't Ruth and Robert send a telegraph to Andrew?
5. What does Andrew ask Ruth for in the last scene of the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Robert's disappointment in Andrew's lack of description about his sea voyages. What kind of details does Robert want to know about his travels? How does Andrew fail to provide that information?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of person is Ruth? Do you think she had a difficult life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What is Robert's relationship with his daughter Mary? Do you agree or disagree that he seems to be a better parent than Ruth? Explain your viewpoint using specific textual examples.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)