|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job is Andrew going to have on the ship bound for Argentina?
2. What does Andrew tell Ruth about his love for her in the past?
3. Who told Robert to go to the "far-off places" to be cured?
4. What kind of business does Andrew want to get into in Argentina?
5. What does Andrew place over Robert's heart at the end of the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Mrs. Atkins' role in the play? Provide three examples of how Mrs. Atkins influences the lives of others.
Essay Topic 2
Describe two different settings in this play and discuss how they reflect a character's level of prosperity and emotional well-being.
Essay Topic 3
What is Robert's relationship with his daughter Mary? Do you agree or disagree that he seems to be a better parent than Ruth? Explain your viewpoint using specific textual examples.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)