|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert suggest that Andrew avoids telling Ruth when they are talking on the hilltop?
2. Who cradles Robert's head in her lap?
3. How does Ruth react when Robert dies at the end of the play?
4. What kind of business does Andrew want to get into in Argentina?
5. Why does Ruth tremble in fright when she steps inside Robert's bedroom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the reasons that Andrew gives for going on the sea voyage. Why does he lie to his father? Do you think he regrets his lie? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the brothers' viewpoints about the sea voyage at the beginning of the play. Whose view is more practical? What do you think of Robert's reasons for going? Explain your viewpoint.
Essay Topic 3
What kind of person is Ruth? Do you think she had a difficult life? Why or why not?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)