|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meal is Kate cooking in honor of Andrew's visit?
2. What kind of business does Andrew want to get into in Argentina?
3. What does Andrew do immediately after Robert has died?
4. What is the last word Robert says in the play?
5. What does Andrew want to talk with Robert about at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Robert's disappointment in Andrew's lack of description about his sea voyages. What kind of details does Robert want to know about his travels? How does Andrew fail to provide that information?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the literal and symbolic meaning of the title "Beyond the Horizon." What particular meaning does it have for Robert and Andrew?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of suffering in this play. Who seems to have suffered the most? Use textual examples to support your opinion.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)