|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is open in the bedroom when Ruth goes in to talk with Robert?
2. What disease does Robert say he has?
3. What doesn't Ruth want to tell Robert at the end of the play?
4. Who is the last person to leave the stage at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does Robert want Andrew to promise in Act 3, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the play, Andrew is held up as an example of a good farmer. Discuss the other character's view of him as the person who will turn the farm around. Does he succeed in fulfilling these expectations? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did Robert ignore his true calling? What were the consequences of this decision? Discuss using specific textual examples to support your viewpoint.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Robert's disappointment in Andrew's lack of description about his sea voyages. What kind of details does Robert want to know about his travels? How does Andrew fail to provide that information?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)