|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Andrew that the inside of Robert's lungs are bad?
2. What time of day is it at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
3. What noise comes from Robert's throat in Scene 3, Act 2?
4. Who is thin and unhealthy looking in Act 3?
5. What color dress is Ruth wearing in Act 3, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of person is Ruth? Do you think she had a difficult life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe two different settings in this play and discuss how they reflect a character's level of prosperity and emotional well-being.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of suffering in this play. Who seems to have suffered the most? Use textual examples to support your opinion.
This section contains 144 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)