|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew offer to lend Robert to get the farm back on its feet?
2. What does Robert stumble into at the end of the play?
3. Who told Robert to go to the "far-off places" to be cured?
4. What does Robert see rising from the rim of the hills at the end of the play?
5. What job is Andrew going to have on the ship bound for Argentina?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Robert's disappointment in Andrew's lack of description about his sea voyages. What kind of details does Robert want to know about his travels? How does Andrew fail to provide that information?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Andrew's perspective about telling lies. When does he tell lies in the play and why does he choose to do so? What are the consequences for him?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Dick Scott and his role in the play. How does he have a significant impact on Andrew, Robert, and Ruth's lives?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)