|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ruth react when Robert dies at the end of the play?
2. What does Robert hear calling him from the horizon at the end of the play?
3. Who says he doesn't believe in miracles after Andrew arrives from New York?
4. What does Andrew look like at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does Andrew tell Ruth about his love for her in the past?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Dick Scott and his role in the play. How does he have a significant impact on Andrew, Robert, and Ruth's lives?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the play, Andrew is held up as an example of a good farmer. Discuss the other character's view of him as the person who will turn the farm around. Does he succeed in fulfilling these expectations? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think it is fair that Ruth asks Robert to cancel his plans for the sea voyage and stay at home with her? In what ways does she manipulate him to make this decision? Explain using specific supporting examples.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)