Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert see rising from the rim of the hills at the end of the play?
2. What does Andrew say to Ruth about his feelings for Robert in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What does Andrew's rage change to at the end of the play when he is speaking to Ruth?
4. Whose mind is described as "sinking back into that spent calm beyond the further troubling of any hope"?
5. What is the last word Robert says in the play?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of sickness in this play. In what way is sickness believed to be passed from one character to another? How did Robert battle illness as a young child? Does he seem to resent others' view of him as having a poor constitution?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of suffering in this play. Who seems to have suffered the most? Use textual examples to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the play, Andrew is held up as an example of a good farmer. Discuss the other character's view of him as the person who will turn the farm around. Does he succeed in fulfilling these expectations? Why or why not?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)