Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert see rising from the rim of the hills at the end of the play?
2. What does Andrew say to Ruth about his feelings for Robert in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What does Andrew's rage change to at the end of the play when he is speaking to Ruth?
4. Whose mind is described as "sinking back into that spent calm beyond the further troubling of any hope"?
5. What is the last word Robert says in the play?
Essay Topic 1
What is Robert's relationship with his daughter Mary? Do you agree or disagree that he seems to be a better parent than Ruth? Explain your viewpoint using specific textual examples.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Andrew's physical appearance and personality at the beginning of the play and contrast it with how he looks and behaves at the end of the play. What do you think caused these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the themes of bad luck/good luck. How do we see these themes used in the play? Who is most closely connected with bad luck and what does he hope for to turn his luck around?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)