|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, scene 1, what does Robert say Andrew has been doing for the last eight years?
2. What does Andrew say to Robert about the death of his father?
3. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does Andrew want to talk with Robert about at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Whose mind is described as "sinking back into that spent calm beyond the further troubling of any hope"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the play, Andrew is held up as an example of a good farmer. Discuss the other character's view of him as the person who will turn the farm around. Does he succeed in fulfilling these expectations? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Dick Scott and his role in the play. How does he have a significant impact on Andrew, Robert, and Ruth's lives?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways did Robert ignore his true calling? What were the consequences of this decision? Discuss using specific textual examples to support your viewpoint.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)