|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew say that Argentina has?
2. Why does Ruth tremble in fright when she steps inside Robert's bedroom?
3. Who says he doesn't believe in miracles after Andrew arrives from New York?
4. Who is thin and unhealthy looking in Act 3?
5. Who says he won't come back with "empty hands next time?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Ruth and Robert. What made her believe she loved him? What causes her to change her mind? Do you believe that Robert continued to care for Ruth right up to his death?
Essay Topic 2
Describe two different settings in this play and discuss how they reflect a character's level of prosperity and emotional well-being.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the play, Andrew is held up as an example of a good farmer. Discuss the other character's view of him as the person who will turn the farm around. Does he succeed in fulfilling these expectations? Why or why not?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)