|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth use to wipe Robert's lips after his coughing fit?
2. What does Robert stumble into at the end of the play?
3. What is the setting of the last scene in the play?
4. What does Andrew do immediately after Robert has died?
5. What name does Andrew sob out at the end of the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Ruth and Robert. What made her believe she loved him? What causes her to change her mind? Do you believe that Robert continued to care for Ruth right up to his death?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the brothers' viewpoints about the sea voyage at the beginning of the play. Whose view is more practical? What do you think of Robert's reasons for going? Explain your viewpoint.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways did Robert ignore his true calling? What were the consequences of this decision? Discuss using specific textual examples to support your viewpoint.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)