|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert see rising from the rim of the hills at the end of the play?
2. What does Andrew say to Ruth about his feelings for Robert in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What does Andrew's rage change to at the end of the play when he is speaking to Ruth?
4. Whose mind is described as "sinking back into that spent calm beyond the further troubling of any hope"?
5. What is the last word Robert says in the play?
Essay Topic 1
What kind of person is Ruth? Do you think she had a difficult life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Ruth and Robert. What made her believe she loved him? What causes her to change her mind? Do you believe that Robert continued to care for Ruth right up to his death?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Robert's disappointment in Andrew's lack of description about his sea voyages. What kind of details does Robert want to know about his travels? How does Andrew fail to provide that information?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)