|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cradles Robert's head in her lap?
2. Who is thin and unhealthy looking in Act 3?
3. Who is the last person to leave the stage at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Who is furious with Ruth when Robert is shut up in the bedroom?
5. Why does Robert feel happy at last in Act 3, Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way is the sun used to symbolize hope? Discuss Robert's need to see the sun before he dies. Why is it important to him?
Essay Topic 2
Describe two different settings in this play and discuss how they reflect a character's level of prosperity and emotional well-being.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the reasons that Andrew gives for going on the sea voyage. Why does he lie to his father? Do you think he regrets his lie? Why or why not?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)