|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Andrew leave right away for the ship bound for Argentina?
(a) He doesn't want to miss out on his mother's cooking.
(b) He's sick.
(c) His car won't start.
(d) There's a storm coming.
2. What does Andrew place over Robert's heart at the end of the play?
(a) His hand.
(b) A sheet.
(c) Robert's favorite blanket.
(d) Ruth's handkerchief.
3. How is the apple tree at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2 described?
(a) Leafless and seems dead.
(b) Filled with apples.
(c) In full bloom.
4. What does Ruth tell Andrew he must realize about her after Robert has died?
(a) Her experience as a cook.
(b) She is an expert at religious questions.
(c) That she has suffered too.
(d) Her maiden name.
5. Who calls Ruth a "mad fool" as Robert is sick in bed?
(c) Mrs. Atkins.
(d) The specialist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert suggest that Andrew avoids telling Ruth when they are talking on the hilltop?
2. What disease does Robert say he has?
3. How does Robert describe Andrew's letters that he wrote to them while he was on the voyage?
4. What is Robert's response when Andrew says he's going to accept a job from a friend?
5. Who says I wouldn't "know how to feel love, even if I tried" in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)