|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the curtains in the sitting room in Act 3?
(a) They are gone.
(b) They are torn and dirty.
(c) They are the wrong color.
(d) They are new and wrinkled.
2. What does Ruth cover her face with after Robert dies?
(c) Andrew's coat.
(d) Her hands.
3. What disease does Robert say he has?
(d) High blood pressure.
4. What color dress is Ruth wearing in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What promise does Andrew make to Robert at the end of the play?
(a) That he will take care of Ruth.
(b) To read Robert's journals.
(c) To try and write poetry.
(d) To give his books to the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is furious with Ruth when Robert is shut up in the bedroom?
2. What tone of voice does Andrew use to speak to Ruth after Robert has died?
3. Whose mind is described as "sinking back into that spent calm beyond the further troubling of any hope"?
4. What is Andrew smoking in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. What tone of voice does Ruth use when she says "Come on and I'll get your dinner for you" at the end of Act 2?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)