|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andrew tell Ruth about his love for her in the past?
(a) It was just "silly nonsense."
(b) It was the most important thing in his life.
(c) He hopes he can rekindle the flame.
(d) He doesn't know what to call it.
2. What is the last word Robert says in the play?
(c) "Play fair."
(d) "The truth."
3. Who is the last person to leave the stage at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. In the very last scene, Andrew tells Ruth they must:
(a) Marry right away.
(b) Try to help each other.
(c) Leave on a vacation together.
(d) Never see one another again.
5. Who cradles Robert's head in her lap?
(b) Mrs. Mayo.
(d) Mrs. Atkins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew's rage change to at the end of the play when he is speaking to Ruth?
2. How is the apple tree at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2 described?
3. Who says I wouldn't "know how to feel love, even if I tried" in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What is the setting of the last scene in the play?
5. Who says he doesn't believe in miracles after Andrew arrives from New York?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)