|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Atkins say that Mary inherited from her father?
(c) A weak constitution.
(d) Happy disposition.
2. Why does Ruth tremble in fright when she steps inside Robert's bedroom?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is breaking things in the room.
(c) He is gone.
(d) He is unconscious.
3. What tone of voice does Andrew use to speak to Ruth after Robert has died?
(a) A critical tone.
(b) A sad tone.
(c) A happy tone.
(d) A furious tone.
4. What does Andrew want to talk with Robert about at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The weather.
(b) His desire to go to college.
(c) The dinner menu.
(d) The state of the farm.
5. How many telegrams did Ruth and Robert receive from Andrew in New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says I wouldn't "know how to feel love, even if I tried" in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What is Andrew smoking in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. What phrase does Ruth use to describe Robert's state of mind right before he died?
4. In the very last scene, Andrew tells Ruth they must:
5. What meal is Kate cooking in honor of Andrew's visit?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)