|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth cover her face with after Robert dies?
(c) Her hands.
(d) Andrew's coat.
2. Who calls Ruth a "mad fool" as Robert is sick in bed?
(c) Mrs. Atkins.
(d) The specialist.
3. Why does Robert feel happy at last in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) He has more money.
(b) He feels better.
(c) He is free two wander eternally.
(d) He just got a new book.
4. What item does Andrew grab before he leaves the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) His cane.
(b) His appointment book.
(c) His gloves.
(d) His hat.
5. How is the apple tree at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2 described?
(a) Filled with apples.
(b) Leafless and seems dead.
(c) In full bloom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase does Ruth use to describe Robert's state of mind right before he died?
2. What does Robert say about Ruth at the end of the play?
3. What does Andrew place over Robert's heart at the end of the play?
4. Who does Mary announce is coming to the hilltop at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Why does Ruth tremble in fright when she steps inside Robert's bedroom?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)