|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert see rising from the rim of the hills at the end of the play?
(a) The moon.
(b) The sun.
2. What does Andrew say to Ruth about his feelings for Robert in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) He feels resentful.
(b) He loves Robert more than anyone in the world.
(c) He's mad at him.
(d) He is jealous.
3. What does Andrew's rage change to at the end of the play when he is speaking to Ruth?
4. Whose mind is described as "sinking back into that spent calm beyond the further troubling of any hope"?
(d) Uncle Dick's.
5. What is the last word Robert says in the play?
(a) "The truth."
(c) "Play fair."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth tell Robert when she goes up to the hilltop?
2. Why does Andrew call Ruth a murderess?
3. Why does Ruth tremble in fright when she steps inside Robert's bedroom?
4. What does Andrew say he'll do to help Robert in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What is Robert sitting on while he's on the hilltop with Mary, gazing at the horizon?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)