|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Ruth and Robert send a telegraph to Andrew?
(a) They can't afford it.
(b) They don't know how to send a telegraph.
(c) They can't think of what to say.
(d) They don't know where the telegraph office is.
2. What does Andrew tell Ruth about his love for her in the past?
(a) It was the most important thing in his life.
(b) He doesn't know what to call it.
(c) He hopes he can rekindle the flame.
(d) It was just "silly nonsense."
3. What does Andrew tell Ruth about his finances?
(a) He's a millionaire.
(b) He invested wisely in New York.
(c) He has a million dollars put aside for the farm.
(d) He's not a rich man and lost most of his money gambling.
4. What does Robert stumble into at the end of the play?
5. Who says he doesn't believe in miracles after Andrew arrives from New York?
(b) Uncle Dick.
(d) Mr. Mayo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose mind is described as "sinking back into that spent calm beyond the further troubling of any hope"?
2. Where does Andrew suggest they should bring Robert to get cured?
3. What does Andrew ask Ruth for in the last scene of the play?
4. Who told Robert to go to the "far-off places" to be cured?
5. What does Andrew place over Robert's heart at the end of the play?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)