|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What noise comes from Robert's throat in Scene 3, Act 2?
(a) A chuckle.
(b) A song.
(d) Rattling noise.
2. Who dies in the Mayo family after Andrew goes away?
(a) Kate and Mary.
3. What does Mrs. Atkins say that Mary inherited from her father?
(b) A weak constitution.
(d) Happy disposition.
4. Who says he won't come back with "empty hands next time?"
(b) Uncle Dick.
(c) Captain Scott.
5. What does Robert say he feels like he's been cooped up in all his life?
(b) A library.
(c) His barn.
(d) A room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Robert's response when Andrew says he's going to accept a job from a friend?
2. What does Andrew try and convince Ruth to do because he thinks she owes Robert?
3. What tone of voice does Andrew use to speak to Ruth after Robert has died?
4. How is the apple tree at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2 described?
5. Who says "It's a free beginning--the start of my voyage?"
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)