|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Ruth and Robert send a telegraph to Andrew?
(a) They can't afford it.
(b) They don't know where the telegraph office is.
(c) They don't know how to send a telegraph.
(d) They can't think of what to say.
2. Why does Ruth tremble in fright when she steps inside Robert's bedroom?
(a) He is gone.
(b) He is breaking things in the room.
(c) He is unconscious.
(d) He is dead.
3. What does Ruth tell Robert when she goes up to the hilltop?
(a) Uncle Dick wants to speak with him.
(b) The hired hand wants to speak to him.
(c) He is needed at a town meeting.
(d) He has an important telephone call.
4. What noise comes from Robert's throat in Scene 3, Act 2?
(a) A chuckle.
(b) Rattling noise.
(d) A song.
5. What does Andrew look like at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease does Robert say he has?
2. What does Robert hear calling him from the horizon at the end of the play?
3. How is the apple tree at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2 described?
4. Where does Andrew suggest they should bring Robert to get cured?
5. Who is thin and unhealthy looking in Act 3?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)