|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the very last scene, Andrew tells Ruth they must:
(a) Never see one another again.
(b) Try to help each other.
(c) Leave on a vacation together.
(d) Marry right away.
2. Who is the last person to leave the stage at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Why does Ruth tremble in fright when she steps inside Robert's bedroom?
(a) He is gone.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is unconscious.
(d) He is breaking things in the room.
4. How does Ruth react when Robert dies at the end of the play?
(b) Gets sick.
(c) Weeps hysterically.
(d) Gives a cry of horror and springs to her feet.
5. What does Ruth tell Andrew he must realize about her after Robert has died?
(a) Her experience as a cook.
(b) Her maiden name.
(c) She is an expert at religious questions.
(d) That she has suffered too.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert say about Ruth at the end of the play?
2. Who is dressed in white and looks pretty and fresh in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Where does Andrew suggest they should bring Robert to get cured?
4. What does Ruth tell Robert when she goes up to the hilltop?
5. What does Ruth say she feels like she's having in honor of Andrew's visit?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)