|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ruth tremble in fright when she steps inside Robert's bedroom?
(a) He is unconscious.
(b) He is breaking things in the room.
(c) He is gone.
(d) He is dead.
2. Who is dressed in white and looks pretty and fresh in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Mrs. Mayo.
(b) Mrs. Atkins.
3. What tone of voice does Ruth use when she says "Come on and I'll get your dinner for you" at the end of Act 2?
4. In the very last scene, Andrew tells Ruth they must:
(a) Try to help each other.
(b) Leave on a vacation together.
(c) Marry right away.
(d) Never see one another again.
5. What time is the train to New York City that the specialist travels on?
(a) 2 p.m.
(b) 9 p.m.
(c) 12 p.m.
(d) 6 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cradles Robert's head in her lap?
2. Who says "It's a free beginning--the start of my voyage?"
3. What doesn't Ruth want to tell Robert at the end of the play?
4. What does Andrew say he's going to turn the farm into during Act 2, Scene 2?
5. How many telegrams did Ruth and Robert receive from Andrew in New York?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)