|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says he doesn't believe in miracles after Andrew arrives from New York?
(a) Mr. Mayo.
(b) Uncle Dick.
2. How does Ruth react when Robert dies at the end of the play?
(a) Gives a cry of horror and springs to her feet.
(b) Weeps hysterically.
(c) Gets sick.
3. What time is the train to New York City that the specialist travels on?
(a) 9 p.m.
(b) 12 p.m.
(c) 2 p.m.
(d) 6 a.m.
4. What does Ruth tell Andrew he must realize about her after Robert has died?
(a) That she has suffered too.
(b) She is an expert at religious questions.
(c) Her maiden name.
(d) Her experience as a cook.
5. What doesn't Ruth want to tell Robert at the end of the play?
(a) She doesn't mean it when she says she hates him.
(b) She doesn't want to cook dinner.
(c) She is leaving on the next train.
(d) She is too tired to help with the farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Atkins say that Mary inherited from her father?
2. What does Andrew do immediately after Robert has died?
3. Who says I wouldn't "know how to feel love, even if I tried" in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What is the setting of the last scene in the play?
5. How many telegrams did Ruth and Robert receive from Andrew in New York?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)