|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Uncle Dick tending in the port while Andrew is on the hilltop?
2. What item does Andrew grab before he leaves the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) His appointment book.
(b) His gloves.
(c) His hat.
(d) His cane.
3. What job is Andrew going to have on the ship bound for Argentina?
(c) Second officer.
4. Who says he doesn't believe in miracles after Andrew arrives from New York?
(b) Mr. Mayo.
(c) Uncle Dick.
5. What tone of voice does Andrew use to speak to Ruth after Robert has died?
(a) A critical tone.
(b) A furious tone.
(c) A happy tone.
(d) A sad tone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ruth tremble in fright when she steps inside Robert's bedroom?
2. What does Mary notice about her mother at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Who says I wouldn't "know how to feel love, even if I tried" in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What kind of business does Andrew want to get into in Argentina?
5. Why doesn't Andrew leave right away for the ship bound for Argentina?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)