|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is dressed in white and looks pretty and fresh in Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) Mrs. Mayo.
(c) Mrs. Atkins.
2. Who says he doesn't believe in miracles after Andrew arrives from New York?
(c) Mr. Mayo.
(d) Uncle Dick.
3. What does Ruth tell Robert when she goes up to the hilltop?
(a) The hired hand wants to speak to him.
(b) He is needed at a town meeting.
(c) He has an important telephone call.
(d) Uncle Dick wants to speak with him.
4. What does Robert suggest that Andrew avoids telling Ruth when they are talking on the hilltop?
(a) That he wants her to be his wife.
(b) That he doesn't love her.
(c) That he will always love her.
(d) That he hopes she will return to Argentina with him.
5. What time is the train to New York City that the specialist travels on?
(a) 2 p.m.
(b) 12 p.m.
(c) 6 a.m.
(d) 9 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Andrew call Ruth a murderess?
2. What does Andrew ask Ruth for in the last scene of the play?
3. What name does Andrew sob out at the end of the play?
4. Why doesn't Andrew leave right away for the ship bound for Argentina?
5. What tone of voice does Ruth use when she says "Come on and I'll get your dinner for you" at the end of Act 2?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)