|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andrew want to talk with Robert about at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The weather.
(b) His desire to go to college.
(c) The dinner menu.
(d) The state of the farm.
2. What does Robert see rising from the rim of the hills at the end of the play?
(a) The sun.
(c) The moon.
3. What is Robert's response when Andrew says he's going to accept a job from a friend?
(a) He refuses to speak to him.
(b) He is noncommital.
(c) He wants to come.
(d) He is upset.
4. What does Andrew try and convince Ruth to do because he thinks she owes Robert?
(a) Write a letter for him.
(c) Knit him a scarf.
(d) Make a cake.
5. What does Andrew place over Robert's heart at the end of the play?
(a) His hand.
(b) Robert's favorite blanket.
(c) A sheet.
(d) Ruth's handkerchief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Andrew grab before he leaves the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What phrase does Ruth use to describe Robert's state of mind right before he died?
3. Who is dressed in white and looks pretty and fresh in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Who does Mary announce is coming to the hilltop at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Why can't Ruth and Robert send a telegraph to Andrew?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)