|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Andrew when Robert tells his family that he loves Ruth?
(c) Sitting room.
2. Who says "We'll be late for supper, Rob?"
(d) Ruth's mother.
3. Who does Ruth say she loves at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What is Ben's job?
(b) Hired hand.
5. What is his mother's reaction when Robert tells his family about him and Ruth?
(a) Relief that Robert is not going on the voyage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert gently pull away from Ruth's face when he's talking with her by the fence?
2. How does Mr. Mayo describe Robert's farming abilities?
3. Who is knitting at the beginning of Act 2?
4. Who describes Robert as a loafer and stupid?
5. Who says "I feel--dead" at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Andrew and Ruth do when they find Robert on the side of the road?
2. How do Kate and James Mayo feel about Robert leaving on the voyage?
3. What does Robert say about Mary's death eight months before?
4. What does Mrs. Atkins criticize Robert for as she sits at the table knitting with Mrs. Mayo?
5. When Andrew hears the news that Robert will die soon, how does he show his optimistic outlook about Robert's chances to get well?
6. What kind of plan does Andrew speak about to Ruth while the doctor is examining Robert?
7. When Robert dies, how do Andrew and Ruth react?
8. What does Mrs. Atkins say is wrong with Mary when she hears her crying?
9. Why does Andrew think it's a good idea for Robert to go on the sea voyage?
10. How does Ruth react to the news that Robert loves her?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)