|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Andrew when Robert tells his family that he loves Ruth?
(c) Sitting room.
2. Who places himself between Mr. Mayo and Andrew when Mr. Mayo threatens to hit Andrew?
(c) Mrs. Mayo.
(d) Mrs. Atkins.
3. What is the name that Robert's daughter calls him?
4. Who says "I feel--dead" at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
(b) Uncle Dick.
(d) Mr. Mayo.
5. Why does Ruth accuse Robert of being jealous of Andrew?
(a) Becuase he has better hair.
(b) Because Andrew has made a man of himself.
(c) Because he is older.
(d) Because he is taller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act I, Scene 2?
2. What is Andrew's job on the ship?
3. Robert says Ruth is mean and:
4. What does Mrs. Mayo say her husband died of?
5. What does Andrew tell his parents about Robert's perspective on the sea voyage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Mayo say killed her husband?
2. Why does Robert want to leave the farm?
3. How has Ruth changed after three years of being married?
4. What does Mrs. Atkins say is wrong with Mary when she hears her crying?
5. What does Robert say that the doctor told him to do to be cured?
6. Describe how Andrew has changed since he went away on the voyage.
7. Describe the hilltop setting of Act 2, Scene 2.
8. Why does Robert say that Andrew must not feel sorry that he is about to die?
9. What does Ruth say when Andrew angrily asks her why they didn't let him know about Robert's deteriorating health?
10. What does James Mayo say about Uncle Dick's comment that Andrew would be a better sea-faring man than Robert?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)