|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Dick Scott's mustache?
2. Who says "I've earned my right to quit when I want to?"
(c) Mr. Mayo.
3. What does Andrew tell his father about Ruth in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He never loved her.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She would make a terrible wife.
(d) She is pregnant.
4. Who says to Robert "I didn't want to spoil this last night you're here?"
(a) His mother.
(b) Mrs. Atkins.
5. How does Mr. Mayo describe Robert's farming abilities?
(a) He was never cut out to be a farmer.
(b) He's a great farmer.
(c) He has good ideas.
(d) He's can milk the cows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound does Mary make in the bedroom while her parents are fighting?
2. What is Mrs. Atkins first name?
3. What kind of luck does Robert say he's been having?
4. What does Mr. Mayo tell Dick Scott he needs to find for his voyage?
5. What is Andrew's job on the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Andrew describe his feelings for Ruth as he and Robert sit on the hilltop discussing Andrew's travels?
2. Describe the setting of Act 1, Scene 1.
3. What does Kate say she thinks is going on between Ruth and Robert?
4. What does Andrew promise Robert before he dies?
5. What do Andrew and Ruth do when they find Robert on the side of the road?
6. What does Ruth tell her mother about Robert's plan for their future when he gets well and can leave the farm?
7. What does Mrs. Atkins criticize Robert for as she sits at the table knitting with Mrs. Mayo?
8. Why does Robert want to leave the farm?
9. What did Andrew discover about Argentina?
10. What is the setting of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)