|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ruth say she loves at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Mrs. Atkins use in order to move around?
3. Who describes Robert as a loafer and stupid?
(a) Mrs. Mayo.
4. What does Dick Scott fix up on his ship for Robert?
(a) Reading room.
(b) Dining room.
5. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
(a) Book reading.
(c) Plowing and farming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Robert in search of during the sea voyage?
2. Who says that Ruth came to her for advice about managing the farm?
3. What color is Dick Scott's mustache?
4. What is Robert doing instead of eating his meal in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. How does Mr. Mayo describe Robert's farming abilities?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Andrew and Robert at the beginning of the play?
2. What does Andrew tell Robert about his travels when he joins him on the hilltop?
3. What is the setting of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Describe Robert's physical state at the beginning of Act 3.
5. Who is Ruth waiting up for in Act 3, Scene 1?
6. Describe Robert's interests at the beginning of Act 1.
7. What is Andrew's reaction to Robert's reasons for leaving on the voyage?
8. Why does Robert say that Andrew must not feel sorry that he is about to die?
9. What does Robert say that the doctor told him to do to be cured?
10. How does Mrs. Mayo defend her son Robert from Mrs. Atkins' criticisms?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)