|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is laughing at Ben?
(c) Farmers and farmhands.
2. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
(a) He'll make money.
(b) More time to study biology.
(c) Learn how to cook.
(d) Volunteer work.
3. Who says that Ruth came to her for advice about managing the farm?
(b) Mrs. Atkins.
(c) Mrs. Mayo.
4. What does Robert tell his father about the farm after he says he's not going on the voyage?
(a) He will never work the farm.
(b) He has a plan for a new crop.
(c) He's a poet and doesn't want to dirty his hands.
(d) He will take a real interest in it and do his share.
5. What is Robert late for in Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act I, Scene I?
2. What noise does Robert and Ruth hear from outside after they've had their terrible fight?
3. When Robert is a child, what does he look at and get to know by heart?
4. What is Robert doing instead of eating his meal in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who says the hills around the farm feel like a prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Andrew discover about Argentina?
2. What is Andrew's reaction to Robert's reasons for leaving on the voyage?
3. Describe the sitting room's appearance in Act 3.
4. What does Andrew promise Robert before he dies?
5. What do Andrew and Ruth do when they find Robert on the side of the road?
6. How do Kate and James Mayo feel about Robert leaving on the voyage?
7. How has Ruth changed after three years of being married?
8. What does Kate say she thinks is going on between Ruth and Robert?
9. What does Mrs. Atkins criticize Robert for as she sits at the table knitting with Mrs. Mayo?
10. How does Mrs. Mayo defend her son Robert from Mrs. Atkins' criticisms?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)