|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ruth say she loves at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What job does Mrs. Mayo at one time hold?
3. What does Robert point to in the sky at the end of the Act 1, Scene1?
(c) Meteor shower.
4. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
(a) Its low, musical sound.
(b) Its high-pitched quality.
(c) His gruff sound.
(d) His British accent.
5. What sound does Mary make in the bedroom while her parents are fighting?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert bring up Uncle Dick's name when he's talking with Ruth in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Why does Ruth accuse Robert of being jealous of Andrew?
3. What does Uncle Dick say to Andrew about the way he spoke up to his father in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What is Dick Scott's title?
5. What is Ben's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Kate and James Mayo feel about Robert leaving on the voyage?
2. Is Mary sensitive to her parents emotional state on the hilltop?
3. How does Andrew describe his feelings for Ruth as he and Robert sit on the hilltop discussing Andrew's travels?
4. What is the relationship between Andrew and Robert at the beginning of the play?
5. Why does Ben quit his job as hired-hand?
6. How does Andrew react when Robert says it's too late for a cure and has a coughing fit?
7. What does Mrs. Mayo say killed her husband?
8. Describe the sitting room's appearance in Act 3.
9. What work is Andrew considered to be well suited for?
10. What does Mrs. Atkins say is wrong with Mary when she hears her crying?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)