|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andrew say when he learns that Ruth loves Robert?
(a) "I knew it!"
(b) He says nothing.
(c) He curses them.
(d) "Good luck to you both."
2. Who says "We'll be late for supper, Rob?"
(a) Ruth's mother.
3. How long will Robert be at sea?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Three years.
(d) One year.
4. What is Ben's job?
(a) Hired hand.
5. What does Mr. Mayo tell Dick Scott he needs to find for his voyage?
(b) Hired hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Mayo's opinion of Andrew of at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Robert tell his father about the farm after he says he's not going on the voyage?
3. What is the relationship between Mrs. Mayo and Dick Scott?
4. What does Mrs. Atkins use in order to move around?
5. Who says "I've earned my right to quit when I want to?"
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Mayo defend her son Robert from Mrs. Atkins' criticisms?
2. How do Kate and James Mayo feel about Robert leaving on the voyage?
3. What does Robert tell Ruth about why he is leaving?
4. What are Ruth's intentions when she goes up to the hilltop?
5. What does Ruth tell her mother about Robert's plan for their future when he gets well and can leave the farm?
6. What is Andrew's response to Robert when he cries out that the situation is damnable?
7. What did Andrew discover about Argentina?
8. What story does Uncle Dick tell the family as they sit around the table?
9. Describe the sitting room's appearance in Act 3.
10. Describe Robert's death scene.
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)