|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Robert in search of during the sea voyage?
(a) Wide open spaces.
(c) Long lost cousin.
2. Who says the hills around the farm feel like a prison?
3. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
(a) More time to study biology.
(b) He'll make money.
(c) Learn how to cook.
(d) Volunteer work.
4. Who says that Ruth came to her for advice about managing the farm?
(b) Mrs. Mayo.
(d) Mrs. Atkins.
5. What does Andrew check on after dinner when he leaves the sitting room?
(a) His laundry.
(c) The black cow.
(d) The chickens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says to Robert "I didn't want to spoil this last night you're here?"
2. What does Robert think the secret is to what he has been seeking at the beginning of the play?
3. What does Andrew tell Dick Scott he will do at the end of Act I, Scene II?
4. What does Mrs. Mayo say in Act 2, Scene1 to defend Robert against Mrs. Atkins' criticisms?
5. Who is laughing at Ben?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Robert's physical state at the beginning of Act 3.
2. Why does Robert say he wants to die while outside watching the sun rise?
3. Why does Ben quit his job as hired-hand?
4. How do Kate and James Mayo feel about Robert leaving on the voyage?
5. What news does Uncle Dick bring Andrew when he climbs up to the hilltop?
6. How does Andrew describe his feelings for Ruth as he and Robert sit on the hilltop discussing Andrew's travels?
7. What is Andrew's reaction to Robert's announcement that he is in love with Ruth?
8. What did Andrew discover about Argentina?
9. How does Robert respond when Andrew says he's planning to return to Argentina?
10. Describe the setting of Act 1, Scene 1.
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)