|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather at the beginning of Act 2?
2. What does Robert think the secret is to what he has been seeking at the beginning of the play?
3. When Robert is a child, what does he look at and get to know by heart?
(b) Different sunsets.
(c) Dog breeds.
(d) Language study guides.
4. Where is Robert sitting at the beginning of the play?
(c) On a fence.
5. Why does Robert bring up Uncle Dick's name when he's talking with Ruth in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He wants her to interview him.
(b) He wonders if she's met him.
(c) He's worried about disappointing him.
(d) He says he doesn't like him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is knitting at the beginning of Act 2?
2. What is Mr. Mayo's opinion of Andrew of at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Who says to Robert "I didn't want to spoil this last night you're here?"
4. What does Robert tell his father about the farm after he says he's not going on the voyage?
5. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Robert say he wants to die while outside watching the sun rise?
2. What does Kate say she thinks is going on between Ruth and Robert?
3. What does Mrs. Mayo say killed her husband?
4. What work is Andrew considered to be well suited for?
5. What did Andrew discover about Argentina?
6. Why does Andrew think it's a good idea for Robert to go on the sea voyage?
7. What is Andrew's reaction to Robert's announcement that he is in love with Ruth?
8. Describe the argument between Robert and Ruth in Act 2, Scene 1.
9. What is the reason James tells Andrew to never return to the farm again?
10. Describe Robert's plan for his and Ruth's future when he gets well.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)