Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name that Robert's daughter calls him?
2. How does Mr. Mayo respond when Andrew says he wants to see the world?
(a) Andrew is running away from his own nature.
(b) Good luck.
(c) Write back and tell us everything.
(d) Have fun.
3. Robert says Ruth is mean and:
4. What does Andrew say from offstage at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Anyone home?
(c) What's going on?
(d) Where are you?
5. What is Ben's job?
(a) Hired hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What experience did Robert have as a child that he tells Ruth about in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. How does Ruth respond when Robert says that Andrew writes letters like a farmer in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Who places himself between Mr. Mayo and Andrew when Mr. Mayo threatens to hit Andrew?
4. Where is Andrew when Robert tells his family that he loves Ruth?
5. In what month is the beginning of the play set?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Ruth changed after three years of being married?
2. What did Andrew discover about Argentina?
3. Why does Robert say he wants to die while outside watching the sun rise?
4. Describe Robert's physical state at the beginning of Act 3.
5. When Andrew hears the news that Robert will die soon, how does he show his optimistic outlook about Robert's chances to get well?
6. How does Andrew react when Robert says it's too late for a cure and has a coughing fit?
7. Why is the true reason Andrew doesn't want to stay on the farm?
8. What does Robert say about Mary's death eight months before?
9. How does Ruth react to the news that Robert loves her?
10. What does Andrew promise Robert before he dies?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)