|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Robert doing instead of eating his meal in Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) Listening to the radio.
(d) Watching TV.
2. What does the child want to play with at the beginning of Act 2?
(d) Stuffed animal.
3. Who is Andrew?
(a) Robert's twin.
(b) Robert's older brother.
(c) Robert's younger brother.
(d) Robert's cousin.
4. Who says "Oh, Ruth, our love is sweeter than any distant dream?"
5. What is Dick Scott's title?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Mayo's opinion of Andrew of at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What is the name of Robert and Ruth's child?
3. What does the woman from the missionary ask Dick Scott?
4. What is the name that Robert's daughter calls him?
5. What is his mother's reaction when Robert tells his family about him and Ruth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Robert respond when Andrew says he's planning to return to Argentina?
2. When Robert dies, how do Andrew and Ruth react?
3. What does Robert tell his family when he returns from walking Ruth and her mother home?
4. What is Andrew's reaction to Robert's announcement that he is in love with Ruth?
5. Describe the argument between Robert and Ruth in Act 2, Scene 1.
6. What is the reason James tells Andrew to never return to the farm again?
7. What does Ruth tell her mother about Robert's plan for their future when he gets well and can leave the farm?
8. How does Ruth behave toward Robert when he comes in late for dinner?
9. What news does Uncle Dick bring Andrew when he climbs up to the hilltop?
10. What does Ruth look like in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)