|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is dressed in white and looks pretty and fresh in Act 2, Scene 1?
(c) Mrs. Mayo.
(d) Mrs. Atkins.
2. What disease does Robert say he has?
(a) High blood pressure.
3. What kind of business does Andrew want to get into in Argentina?
(a) Ship building.
(d) Grain business.
4. What does Mary notice about her mother at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) She is crying.
(b) She is wearing a new hat.
(c) She is frowning.
(d) She is laughing at a joke.
5. What does Robert believe the rising sun is a symbol of?
(b) A hot day.
(c) Good fortune.
6. What is the medical specialist's name?
(a) Mrs. Ramsey.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mr. Green.
(d) Dr. Fawcett.
7. What does Andrew say he'll do to help Robert in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Buy him some new books.
(b) Get him some water.
(c) Stay at the farm.
(d) Write a letter of recommendation.
8. What does Ruth cover her face with after Robert dies?
(a) Her hands.
(c) Andrew's coat.
9. What is the last word Robert says in the play?
(b) "The truth."
(d) "Play fair."
10. How does Ruth react when Robert dies at the end of the play?
(a) Gives a cry of horror and springs to her feet.
(b) Gets sick.
(c) Weeps hysterically.
11. Where does Andrew suggest they should bring Robert to get cured?
12. What is open in the bedroom when Ruth goes in to talk with Robert?
(a) The window.
(b) A jewelry box.
(c) A drawer.
(d) The door.
13. Who says "It's a free beginning--the start of my voyage?"
(c) Uncle Dick.
14. Why does Robert feel happy at last in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) He feels better.
(b) He is free two wander eternally.
(c) He just got a new book.
(d) He has more money.
15. Who cradles Robert's head in her lap?
(a) Mrs. Mayo.
(b) Mrs. Atkins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mary announce is coming to the hilltop at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Who told Robert to go to the "far-off places" to be cured?
3. How does Robert describe Andrew's letters that he wrote to them while he was on the voyage?
4. What does Robert suggest that Andrew avoids telling Ruth when they are talking on the hilltop?
5. What name does Andrew sob out at the end of the play?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)