|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cradles Robert's head in her lap?
(a) Mrs. Mayo.
(c) Mrs. Atkins.
2. Who says he doesn't believe in miracles after Andrew arrives from New York?
(a) Mr. Mayo.
(d) Uncle Dick.
3. What does Andrew tell Ruth about his finances?
(a) He has a million dollars put aside for the farm.
(b) He's not a rich man and lost most of his money gambling.
(c) He invested wisely in New York.
(d) He's a millionaire.
4. What doesn't Ruth want to tell Robert at the end of the play?
(a) She doesn't want to cook dinner.
(b) She doesn't mean it when she says she hates him.
(c) She is too tired to help with the farm.
(d) She is leaving on the next train.
5. How many telegrams did Ruth and Robert receive from Andrew in New York?
6. What time of day is it at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
7. What time is the train to New York City that the specialist travels on?
(a) 6 a.m.
(b) 2 p.m.
(c) 9 p.m.
(d) 12 p.m.
8. What name does Andrew sob out at the end of the play?
(a) Uncle Dick's.
(c) Mrs. Mayo's.
9. What is the setting of the last scene in the play?
(a) Section of country highway.
10. When Robert says to Ruth that he wants to start over again and move to the city, what profession does he want to take up?
11. What job is Andrew going to have on the ship bound for Argentina?
(d) Second officer.
12. What does Robert hear calling him from the horizon at the end of the play?
(a) The old voices.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) Mrs. Atkins.
(d) The sheep.
13. What is Robert sitting on while he's on the hilltop with Mary, gazing at the horizon?
14. What is wrong with the curtains in the sitting room in Act 3?
(a) They are new and wrinkled.
(b) They are torn and dirty.
(c) They are gone.
(d) They are the wrong color.
15. How is the apple tree at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2 described?
(a) In full bloom.
(b) Leafless and seems dead.
(c) Filled with apples.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Andrew leave right away for the ship bound for Argentina?
2. Where does Andrew suggest they should bring Robert to get cured?
3. Who is the last person to leave the stage at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does Andrew place over Robert's heart at the end of the play?
5. What does Andrew do immediately after Robert has died?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)