|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says "It's a free beginning--the start of my voyage?"
(c) Uncle Dick.
2. What does Robert hear calling him from the horizon at the end of the play?
(a) Mrs. Atkins.
(b) The old voices.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) The sheep.
3. What is the medical specialist's name?
(a) Dr. Fawcett.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mr. Green.
(d) Mrs. Ramsey.
4. What does Andrew's rage change to at the end of the play when he is speaking to Ruth?
5. What does Robert suggest that Andrew avoids telling Ruth when they are talking on the hilltop?
(a) That he will always love her.
(b) That he doesn't love her.
(c) That he wants her to be his wife.
(d) That he hopes she will return to Argentina with him.
6. Why does Andrew call Ruth a murderess?
(a) He blames her for Robert's death.
(b) She killed her dog.
(c) She killed her mother.
(d) She killed her father.
7. How does Ruth react when Robert dies at the end of the play?
(a) Weeps hysterically.
(b) Gives a cry of horror and springs to her feet.
(d) Gets sick.
8. What does Ruth say she feels like she's having in honor of Andrew's visit?
(b) Birthday celebration.
9. What is open in the bedroom when Ruth goes in to talk with Robert?
(a) The window.
(b) The door.
(c) A drawer.
(d) A jewelry box.
10. What does Andrew do immediately after Robert has died?
(b) Bends down on one knee besides the body.
(c) Calls 911.
11. What does Andrew suggest they hire to help out around the farm?
(d) An experienced farmer.
12. What does Robert want Andrew to promise in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) To marry Ruth.
(b) To read more books.
(c) To mow the grass.
(d) To stay at the farm.
13. What does Andrew say he's going to turn the farm into during Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A zoo.
(b) A biology center.
(c) An animal clinic.
(d) The crackiest place in the whole state.
14. Why does Robert feel happy at last in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) He feels better.
(b) He is free two wander eternally.
(c) He has more money.
(d) He just got a new book.
15. What time of day is it at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many telegrams did Ruth and Robert receive from Andrew in New York?
2. What does Andrew say to Robert about the death of his father?
3. Why doesn't Andrew leave right away for the ship bound for Argentina?
4. Where does Andrew suggest they should bring Robert to get cured?
5. What does Robert stumble into at the end of the play?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)