|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is thin and unhealthy looking in Act 3?
(c) Mrs. Atkins.
(d) Dr. Fawcett.
2. Where does Andrew suggest they should bring Robert to get cured?
3. What is wrong with the curtains in the sitting room in Act 3?
(a) They are torn and dirty.
(b) They are new and wrinkled.
(c) They are the wrong color.
(d) They are gone.
4. Who says he won't come back with "empty hands next time?"
(c) Uncle Dick.
(d) Captain Scott.
5. Why does Robert feel happy at last in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) He has more money.
(b) He feels better.
(c) He just got a new book.
(d) He is free two wander eternally.
6. What does Robert hear calling him from the horizon at the end of the play?
(a) Mrs. Atkins.
(b) The sheep.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) The old voices.
7. What does Andrew want to talk with Robert about at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The dinner menu.
(b) His desire to go to college.
(c) The weather.
(d) The state of the farm.
8. What does Andrew say to Robert about the death of his father?
(a) It cuts him up a lot.
(b) He is still mad at him.
(c) He has to see a therapist.
(d) He doesn't have any feelings about it.
9. Who is the last person to leave the stage at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
10. Who does Mary announce is coming to the hilltop at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Mrs. Mayo.
(b) Uncle Dick.
(c) Her mother.
(d) A man.
11. How many telegrams did Ruth and Robert receive from Andrew in New York?
12. When Robert says to Ruth that he wants to start over again and move to the city, what profession does he want to take up?
13. What does Andrew offer to lend Robert to get the farm back on its feet?
(c) His tools.
(d) Farm equipment.
14. What is open in the bedroom when Ruth goes in to talk with Robert?
(a) A drawer.
(b) The door.
(c) A jewelry box.
(d) The window.
15. What does Robert want Andrew to promise in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) To stay at the farm.
(b) To mow the grass.
(c) To marry Ruth.
(d) To read more books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew say he's going to turn the farm into during Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What job is Andrew going to have on the ship bound for Argentina?
3. What does Andrew say that Argentina has?
4. Why can't Ruth and Robert send a telegraph to Andrew?
5. What does Robert see rising from the rim of the hills at the end of the play?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)