|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says he doesn't believe in miracles after Andrew arrives from New York?
(b) Uncle Dick.
(d) Mr. Mayo.
2. What does Andrew's rage change to at the end of the play when he is speaking to Ruth?
3. What is the "El Paso?"
(a) Mexican resturaunt.
(b) Store in town.
(c) A ship bound for Buenos Aires.
4. How does Ruth react when Robert dies at the end of the play?
(b) Weeps hysterically.
(c) Gets sick.
(d) Gives a cry of horror and springs to her feet.
5. What disease does Robert say he has?
(a) High blood pressure.
6. Why doesn't Andrew leave right away for the ship bound for Argentina?
(a) He doesn't want to miss out on his mother's cooking.
(b) He's sick.
(c) There's a storm coming.
(d) His car won't start.
7. What item does Andrew grab before he leaves the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) His hat.
(b) His appointment book.
(c) His cane.
(d) His gloves.
8. What does Ruth use to wipe Robert's lips after his coughing fit?
(a) His tie.
(b) Her sleeve.
(d) Her petticoat.
9. What is open in the bedroom when Ruth goes in to talk with Robert?
(a) The window.
(b) A jewelry box.
(c) The door.
(d) A drawer.
10. Who is thin and unhealthy looking in Act 3?
(a) Mrs. Atkins.
(d) Dr. Fawcett.
11. What does Robert see rising from the rim of the hills at the end of the play?
(a) The moon.
(b) The sun.
12. What does Ruth tell Robert when she goes up to the hilltop?
(a) The hired hand wants to speak to him.
(b) He has an important telephone call.
(c) Uncle Dick wants to speak with him.
(d) He is needed at a town meeting.
13. How does Robert describe Andrew's letters that he wrote to them while he was on the voyage?
(a) Full of description.
(b) They came regularly.
(d) They were sketchy.
14. Who told Robert to go to the "far-off places" to be cured?
(b) Mrs. Atkins.
(d) The specialist.
15. What does Andrew look like at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew ask Ruth for in the last scene of the play?
2. What does Andrew say that Argentina has?
3. What does Andrew suggest they hire to help out around the farm?
4. What weather event does Andrew live through on the ship?
5. What is Andrew smoking in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)