|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "El Paso?"
(a) Mexican resturaunt.
(b) A ship bound for Buenos Aires.
(d) Store in town.
2. What color dress is Ruth wearing in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What disease does Robert say he has?
(b) High blood pressure.
4. Who is furious with Ruth when Robert is shut up in the bedroom?
(a) Mrs. Atkins.
(b) The specialist.
5. What is Robert sitting on while he's on the hilltop with Mary, gazing at the horizon?
6. Who is thin and unhealthy looking in Act 3?
(a) Dr. Fawcett.
(c) Mrs. Atkins.
7. What is the last word Robert says in the play?
(a) "Play fair."
(d) "The truth."
8. What tone of voice does Andrew use to speak to Ruth after Robert has died?
(a) A furious tone.
(b) A happy tone.
(c) A sad tone.
(d) A critical tone.
9. What is the medical specialist's name?
(a) Mr. Green.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mrs. Ramsey.
(d) Dr. Fawcett.
10. What does Robert want Andrew to promise in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) To marry Ruth.
(b) To mow the grass.
(c) To read more books.
(d) To stay at the farm.
11. What time of day is it at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
12. What weather event does Andrew live through on the ship?
(b) Dry hot days.
(c) Ice storm.
(d) Snow storm.
13. Who says I wouldn't "know how to feel love, even if I tried" in Act 3, Scene 1?
(c) Mrs. Atkins.
14. What job is Andrew going to have on the ship bound for Argentina?
(c) Second officer.
15. What item does Andrew grab before he leaves the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) His gloves.
(b) His hat.
(c) His cane.
(d) His appointment book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose mind is described as "sinking back into that spent calm beyond the further troubling of any hope"?
2. How does Ruth react when Robert dies at the end of the play?
3. Who does Mary announce is coming to the hilltop at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Who calls Ruth a "mad fool" as Robert is sick in bed?
5. What does Andrew offer to lend Robert to get the farm back on its feet?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)