|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the medical specialist's name?
(a) Mrs. Ramsey.
(b) Mr. Green.
(c) Dr. Fawcett.
(d) Mr. Smith.
2. In Act 3, scene 1, what does Robert say Andrew has been doing for the last eight years?
(a) Having fun.
(b) Learning to paint.
(c) Running away from himself.
3. When Robert says to Ruth that he wants to start over again and move to the city, what profession does he want to take up?
4. What is Robert's response when Andrew says he's going to accept a job from a friend?
(a) He is noncommital.
(b) He refuses to speak to him.
(c) He wants to come.
(d) He is upset.
5. What is open in the bedroom when Ruth goes in to talk with Robert?
(a) The door.
(b) A drawer.
(c) The window.
(d) A jewelry box.
6. Why does Andrew call Ruth a murderess?
(a) She killed her mother.
(b) She killed her father.
(c) She killed her dog.
(d) He blames her for Robert's death.
7. What is Andrew smoking in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A turkey.
8. What does Andrew say to Robert about the death of his father?
(a) He is still mad at him.
(b) It cuts him up a lot.
(c) He doesn't have any feelings about it.
(d) He has to see a therapist.
9. What does Andrew say that Argentina has?
(a) Good food.
(c) Beautiful beaches.
(d) Excellent wines.
10. What does Robert say about Ruth at the end of the play?
(a) She has suffered.
(b) She doesn't need anyone.
(c) She is mean.
(d) She can live with her mother.
11. How is the apple tree at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2 described?
(a) Leafless and seems dead.
(c) Filled with apples.
(d) In full bloom.
12. What does Mrs. Atkins say that Mary inherited from her father?
(a) A weak constitution.
(d) Happy disposition.
13. What does Andrew say he'll do to help Robert in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Get him some water.
(b) Write a letter of recommendation.
(c) Buy him some new books.
(d) Stay at the farm.
14. What does Robert see rising from the rim of the hills at the end of the play?
(b) The moon.
(d) The sun.
15. Who is the last person to leave the stage at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth tell Andrew he must realize about her after Robert has died?
2. What does Andrew place over Robert's heart at the end of the play?
3. What phrase does Ruth use to describe Robert's state of mind right before he died?
4. Who is furious with Ruth when Robert is shut up in the bedroom?
5. Who says "It's a free beginning--the start of my voyage?"
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)