|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ruth tremble in fright when she steps inside Robert's bedroom?
(a) He is gone.
(b) He is breaking things in the room.
(c) He is unconscious.
(d) He is dead.
2. What does Andrew say that Argentina has?
(a) Excellent wines.
(c) Beautiful beaches.
(d) Good food.
3. Who told Robert to go to the "far-off places" to be cured?
(b) Mrs. Atkins.
(d) The specialist.
4. Who says he won't come back with "empty hands next time?"
(b) Captain Scott.
(c) Uncle Dick.
5. What does Andrew look like at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
6. What does Andrew say he'll do to help Robert in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Get him some water.
(b) Stay at the farm.
(c) Buy him some new books.
(d) Write a letter of recommendation.
7. What is the setting of the last scene in the play?
(c) Section of country highway.
8. What does Robert believe the rising sun is a symbol of?
(a) A hot day.
(d) Good fortune.
9. What does Robert see rising from the rim of the hills at the end of the play?
(a) The sun.
(c) The moon.
10. What kind of business does Andrew want to get into in Argentina?
(a) Grain business.
(c) Ship building.
11. What does Robert say he feels like he's been cooped up in all his life?
(a) A room.
(b) A library.
(d) His barn.
12. What is the medical specialist's name?
(a) Mr. Green.
(b) Dr. Fawcett.
(c) Mrs. Ramsey.
(d) Mr. Smith.
13. What tone of voice does Ruth use when she says "Come on and I'll get your dinner for you" at the end of Act 2?
14. What does Andrew ask Ruth for in the last scene of the play?
(a) A photograph of Robert.
(c) A warm hug.
(d) A smile.
15. Who cradles Robert's head in her lap?
(c) Mrs. Atkins.
(d) Mrs. Mayo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew's rage change to at the end of the play when he is speaking to Ruth?
2. What does Robert stumble into at the end of the play?
3. What makes Captain Scott get out of breath in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Where does Andrew suggest they should bring Robert to get cured?
5. What does Robert suggest that Andrew avoids telling Ruth when they are talking on the hilltop?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)