|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is dressed in white and looks pretty and fresh in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Mrs. Mayo.
(d) Mrs. Atkins.
2. What color dress is Ruth wearing in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Who calls Ruth a "mad fool" as Robert is sick in bed?
(a) The specialist.
(c) Mrs. Atkins.
4. How many telegrams did Ruth and Robert receive from Andrew in New York?
5. Who says he won't come back with "empty hands next time?"
(c) Uncle Dick.
(d) Captain Scott.
6. In Act 3, scene 1, what does Robert say Andrew has been doing for the last eight years?
(b) Having fun.
(c) Running away from himself.
(d) Learning to paint.
7. What is open in the bedroom when Ruth goes in to talk with Robert?
(a) The door.
(b) A jewelry box.
(c) A drawer.
(d) The window.
8. What does Andrew want to talk with Robert about at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The state of the farm.
(b) The weather.
(c) The dinner menu.
(d) His desire to go to college.
9. What does Andrew say that Argentina has?
(a) Good food.
(b) Excellent wines.
(c) Beautiful beaches.
10. What is the "El Paso?"
(a) Store in town.
(b) Mexican resturaunt.
(d) A ship bound for Buenos Aires.
11. What disease does Robert say he has?
(b) High blood pressure.
12. What does Andrew do immediately after Robert has died?
(a) Bends down on one knee besides the body.
(b) Calls 911.
13. What is the setting of the last scene in the play?
(b) Section of country highway.
14. What doesn't Ruth want to tell Robert at the end of the play?
(a) She is leaving on the next train.
(b) She doesn't mean it when she says she hates him.
(c) She is too tired to help with the farm.
(d) She doesn't want to cook dinner.
15. What does Robert say he feels like he's been cooped up in all his life?
(a) A library.
(b) A room.
(d) His barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Robert says to Ruth that he wants to start over again and move to the city, what profession does he want to take up?
2. Who told Robert to go to the "far-off places" to be cured?
3. Why can't Ruth and Robert send a telegraph to Andrew?
4. Who says I wouldn't "know how to feel love, even if I tried" in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What item does Andrew grab before he leaves the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)