|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last word Robert says in the play?
(b) "Play fair."
(c) "The truth."
2. Whose mind is described as "sinking back into that spent calm beyond the further troubling of any hope"?
(b) Uncle Dick's.
3. What does Robert hear calling him from the horizon at the end of the play?
(a) The sheep.
(b) Mrs. Atkins.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) The old voices.
4. What is Robert sitting on while he's on the hilltop with Mary, gazing at the horizon?
5. Where does Andrew suggest they should bring Robert to get cured?
6. What does Andrew say to Ruth about his feelings for Robert in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) He is jealous.
(b) He loves Robert more than anyone in the world.
(c) He's mad at him.
(d) He feels resentful.
7. Why does Ruth tremble in fright when she steps inside Robert's bedroom?
(a) He is gone.
(b) He is unconscious.
(c) He is breaking things in the room.
(d) He is dead.
8. What does Andrew do immediately after Robert has died?
(c) Bends down on one knee besides the body.
(d) Calls 911.
9. What does Andrew say that Argentina has?
(a) Beautiful beaches.
(b) Good food.
(c) Excellent wines.
10. Who is the last person to leave the stage at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
11. Who says he won't come back with "empty hands next time?"
(a) Captain Scott.
(b) Uncle Dick.
12. Who told Robert to go to the "far-off places" to be cured?
(b) The specialist.
(d) Mrs. Atkins.
13. What does Andrew's rage change to at the end of the play when he is speaking to Ruth?
14. What does Ruth cover her face with after Robert dies?
(b) Andrew's coat.
(d) Her hands.
15. Who says "It's a free beginning--the start of my voyage?"
(a) Uncle Dick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day is it at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
2. What doesn't Ruth want to tell Robert at the end of the play?
3. What is the medical specialist's name?
4. What is the setting of the last scene in the play?
5. What does Andrew look like at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)