|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Top of a hill.
2. Who is furious with Ruth when Robert is shut up in the bedroom?
(a) Mrs. Atkins.
(b) The specialist.
3. How does Ruth speak when she says "I'll go" and walks slowly toward the bedroom?
4. What time is the train to New York City that the specialist travels on?
(a) 9 p.m.
(b) 2 p.m.
(c) 6 a.m.
(d) 12 p.m.
5. What does Andrew say to Robert about the death of his father?
(a) He is still mad at him.
(b) It cuts him up a lot.
(c) He has to see a therapist.
(d) He doesn't have any feelings about it.
6. What color dress is Ruth wearing in Act 3, Scene 1?
7. How is the apple tree at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2 described?
(a) In full bloom.
(b) Filled with apples.
(c) Leafless and seems dead.
8. What tone of voice does Ruth use when she says "Come on and I'll get your dinner for you" at the end of Act 2?
9. What does Robert want Andrew to promise in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) To stay at the farm.
(b) To marry Ruth.
(c) To mow the grass.
(d) To read more books.
10. What does Ruth say she feels like she's having in honor of Andrew's visit?
(b) Birthday celebration.
11. How does Robert describe Andrew's letters that he wrote to them while he was on the voyage?
(b) Full of description.
(c) They were sketchy.
(d) They came regularly.
12. What does Andrew's rage change to at the end of the play when he is speaking to Ruth?
13. What is the setting of the last scene in the play?
(d) Section of country highway.
14. What does Ruth tell Robert when she goes up to the hilltop?
(a) He is needed at a town meeting.
(b) Uncle Dick wants to speak with him.
(c) He has an important telephone call.
(d) The hired hand wants to speak to him.
15. What does Robert stumble into at the end of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is thin and unhealthy looking in Act 3?
2. What does Ruth cover her face with after Robert dies?
3. What is Uncle Dick tending in the port while Andrew is on the hilltop?
4. What disease does Robert say he has?
5. What weather event does Andrew live through on the ship?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)