|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andrew say he'll do to help Robert in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Buy him some new books.
(b) Write a letter of recommendation.
(c) Get him some water.
(d) Stay at the farm.
2. Where does Andrew suggest they should bring Robert to get cured?
3. What meal is Kate cooking in honor of Andrew's visit?
4. What name does Andrew sob out at the end of the play?
(a) Uncle Dick's.
(d) Mrs. Mayo's.
5. What does Andrew's rage change to at the end of the play when he is speaking to Ruth?
6. What is open in the bedroom when Ruth goes in to talk with Robert?
(a) A drawer.
(b) A jewelry box.
(c) The window.
(d) The door.
7. What does Andrew tell Ruth about his love for her in the past?
(a) He doesn't know what to call it.
(b) It was the most important thing in his life.
(c) He hopes he can rekindle the flame.
(d) It was just "silly nonsense."
8. What is the "El Paso?"
(a) A ship bound for Buenos Aires.
(b) Mexican resturaunt.
(c) Store in town.
9. What time is the train to New York City that the specialist travels on?
(a) 9 p.m.
(b) 2 p.m.
(c) 12 p.m.
(d) 6 a.m.
10. What noise comes from Robert's throat in Scene 3, Act 2?
(a) A song.
(c) A chuckle.
(d) Rattling noise.
11. What does Ruth say she feels like she's having in honor of Andrew's visit?
(c) Birthday celebration.
12. How many telegrams did Ruth and Robert receive from Andrew in New York?
13. What is Uncle Dick tending in the port while Andrew is on the hilltop?
14. What does Ruth use to wipe Robert's lips after his coughing fit?
(b) His tie.
(c) Her sleeve.
(d) Her petticoat.
15. What phrase does Ruth use to describe Robert's state of mind right before he died?
(a) He was so nervous.
(b) He was so fearful.
(c) He was so happy.
(d) He was so bereft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew try and convince Ruth to do because he thinks she owes Robert?
2. Who is thin and unhealthy looking in Act 3?
3. What does Andrew tell Ruth about his finances?
4. What does Andrew want to talk with Robert about at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Who is the last person to leave the stage at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)