|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says he won't come back with "empty hands next time?"
(c) Uncle Dick.
(d) Captain Scott.
2. What is wrong with the curtains in the sitting room in Act 3?
(a) They are the wrong color.
(b) They are new and wrinkled.
(c) They are torn and dirty.
(d) They are gone.
3. Why does Robert feel happy at last in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) He just got a new book.
(b) He is free two wander eternally.
(c) He has more money.
(d) He feels better.
4. What does Andrew say to Robert about the death of his father?
(a) He has to see a therapist.
(b) He doesn't have any feelings about it.
(c) He is still mad at him.
(d) It cuts him up a lot.
5. What does Ruth say she feels like she's having in honor of Andrew's visit?
(c) Birthday celebration.
6. What does Andrew tell Ruth about his love for her in the past?
(a) It was the most important thing in his life.
(b) He hopes he can rekindle the flame.
(c) He doesn't know what to call it.
(d) It was just "silly nonsense."
7. Why can't Ruth and Robert send a telegraph to Andrew?
(a) They can't think of what to say.
(b) They don't know where the telegraph office is.
(c) They can't afford it.
(d) They don't know how to send a telegraph.
8. What does Andrew look like at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
9. How many telegrams did Ruth and Robert receive from Andrew in New York?
10. What does Andrew say he'll do to help Robert in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Stay at the farm.
(b) Buy him some new books.
(c) Get him some water.
(d) Write a letter of recommendation.
11. What does Mary notice about her mother at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) She is frowning.
(b) She is crying.
(c) She is wearing a new hat.
(d) She is laughing at a joke.
12. What is Robert sitting on while he's on the hilltop with Mary, gazing at the horizon?
13. Where does Andrew suggest they should bring Robert to get cured?
14. What are the last words spoken in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) "So long."
(b) "Be Well."
(c) "Let's hope to God--."
15. Who is furious with Ruth when Robert is shut up in the bedroom?
(b) Mrs. Atkins.
(c) The specialist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth use to wipe Robert's lips after his coughing fit?
2. What noise comes from Robert's throat in Scene 3, Act 2?
3. In Act 3, scene 1, what does Robert say Andrew has been doing for the last eight years?
4. What is the "El Paso?"
5. How is the apple tree at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2 described?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)