|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Ruth a "mad fool" as Robert is sick in bed?
(a) Mrs. Atkins.
(b) The specialist.
2. What is the medical specialist's name?
(a) Mr. Green.
(b) Mrs. Ramsey.
(c) Mr. Smith.
(d) Dr. Fawcett.
3. What does Andrew do immediately after Robert has died?
(b) Calls 911.
(c) Bends down on one knee besides the body.
4. What does Andrew say that Argentina has?
(a) Excellent wines.
(b) Beautiful beaches.
(c) Good food.
5. What does Robert believe the rising sun is a symbol of?
(b) A hot day.
(c) Good fortune.
6. In Act 3, scene 1, what does Robert say Andrew has been doing for the last eight years?
(a) Having fun.
(c) Running away from himself.
(d) Learning to paint.
7. How many telegrams did Ruth and Robert receive from Andrew in New York?
8. What does Ruth tell Andrew he must realize about her after Robert has died?
(a) Her maiden name.
(b) That she has suffered too.
(c) Her experience as a cook.
(d) She is an expert at religious questions.
9. In the very last scene, Andrew tells Ruth they must:
(a) Never see one another again.
(b) Try to help each other.
(c) Leave on a vacation together.
(d) Marry right away.
10. What is the last word Robert says in the play?
(b) "The truth."
(c) "Play fair."
11. Who says I wouldn't "know how to feel love, even if I tried" in Act 3, Scene 1?
(c) Mrs. Atkins.
12. What does Robert stumble into at the end of the play?
13. What does Mary notice about her mother at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) She is crying.
(b) She is laughing at a joke.
(c) She is frowning.
(d) She is wearing a new hat.
14. What name does Andrew sob out at the end of the play?
(c) Mrs. Mayo's.
(d) Uncle Dick's.
15. Where does Andrew suggest they should bring Robert to get cured?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert feel happy at last in Act 3, Scene 3?
2. Who cradles Robert's head in her lap?
3. What does Andrew tell Ruth about his finances?
4. What does Robert see rising from the rim of the hills at the end of the play?
5. What promise does Andrew make to Robert at the end of the play?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)