|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Robert feel happy at last in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) He feels better.
(b) He has more money.
(c) He is free two wander eternally.
(d) He just got a new book.
2. Why does Ruth tremble in fright when she steps inside Robert's bedroom?
(a) He is gone.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is unconscious.
(d) He is breaking things in the room.
3. What does Andrew do immediately after Robert has died?
(b) Calls 911.
(c) Bends down on one knee besides the body.
4. What promise does Andrew make to Robert at the end of the play?
(a) To read Robert's journals.
(b) To try and write poetry.
(c) To give his books to the library.
(d) That he will take care of Ruth.
5. In Act 3, scene 1, what does Robert say Andrew has been doing for the last eight years?
(a) Having fun.
(b) Running away from himself.
(d) Learning to paint.
6. What is the last word Robert says in the play?
(a) "Play fair."
(b) "The truth."
7. Who dies in the Mayo family after Andrew goes away?
(c) Kate and Mary.
8. What meal is Kate cooking in honor of Andrew's visit?
9. What does Andrew say he's going to turn the farm into during Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The crackiest place in the whole state.
(b) An animal clinic.
(c) A biology center.
(d) A zoo.
10. What does Robert see rising from the rim of the hills at the end of the play?
(b) The sun.
(c) The moon.
11. Why doesn't Andrew leave right away for the ship bound for Argentina?
(a) He's sick.
(b) He doesn't want to miss out on his mother's cooking.
(c) His car won't start.
(d) There's a storm coming.
12. What does Andrew's rage change to at the end of the play when he is speaking to Ruth?
13. What makes Captain Scott get out of breath in Act 2, Scene 2?
(d) Walking up the hill.
14. What is Uncle Dick tending in the port while Andrew is on the hilltop?
15. Who cradles Robert's head in her lap?
(b) Mrs. Mayo.
(d) Mrs. Atkins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is open in the bedroom when Ruth goes in to talk with Robert?
2. What does Andrew want to talk with Robert about at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What weather event does Andrew live through on the ship?
5. Who told Robert to go to the "far-off places" to be cured?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)