Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert see rising from the rim of the hills at the end of the play?
(a) The moon.
(b) The sun.
2. What does Andrew say to Ruth about his feelings for Robert in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) He feels resentful.
(b) He loves Robert more than anyone in the world.
(c) He's mad at him.
(d) He is jealous.
3. What does Andrew's rage change to at the end of the play when he is speaking to Ruth?
4. Whose mind is described as "sinking back into that spent calm beyond the further troubling of any hope"?
(d) Uncle Dick's.
5. What is the last word Robert says in the play?
(a) "The truth."
(c) "Play fair."
6. What does Ruth tell Robert when she goes up to the hilltop?
(a) Uncle Dick wants to speak with him.
(b) He is needed at a town meeting.
(c) He has an important telephone call.
(d) The hired hand wants to speak to him.
7. Why does Andrew call Ruth a murderess?
(a) She killed her dog.
(b) She killed her mother.
(c) He blames her for Robert's death.
(d) She killed her father.
8. Why does Ruth tremble in fright when she steps inside Robert's bedroom?
(a) He is unconscious.
(b) He is breaking things in the room.
(c) He is gone.
(d) He is dead.
9. What does Andrew say he'll do to help Robert in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Get him some water.
(b) Stay at the farm.
(c) Buy him some new books.
(d) Write a letter of recommendation.
10. What is Robert sitting on while he's on the hilltop with Mary, gazing at the horizon?
11. What color dress is Ruth wearing in Act 3, Scene 1?
12. What does Robert suggest that Andrew avoids telling Ruth when they are talking on the hilltop?
(a) That he will always love her.
(b) That he wants her to be his wife.
(c) That he doesn't love her.
(d) That he hopes she will return to Argentina with him.
13. Why doesn't Andrew leave right away for the ship bound for Argentina?
(a) He's sick.
(b) There's a storm coming.
(c) He doesn't want to miss out on his mother's cooking.
(d) His car won't start.
14. Who dies in the Mayo family after Andrew goes away?
(d) Kate and Mary.
15. How is the apple tree at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2 described?
(a) Filled with apples.
(b) Leafless and seems dead.
(d) In full bloom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the last words spoken in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What does Andrew say to Robert about the death of his father?
3. What promise does Andrew make to Robert at the end of the play?
4. What is the setting of the last scene in the play?
5. How does Ruth react when Robert dies at the end of the play?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)