|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says "I feel--dead" at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Mayo.
(d) Uncle Dick.
2. Where is Robert sitting at the beginning of the play?
(b) On a fence.
3. What does Andrew tell Dick Scott he will do at the end of Act I, Scene II?
(a) Work on another ship.
(b) Go to college.
(c) Take Robert's place on the voyage.
(d) Find another farm to work on.
4. Where does Robert bring Mrs. Atkins after dinner?
(b) Furniture store.
5. Who is Andrew?
(a) Robert's cousin.
(b) Robert's twin.
(c) Robert's older brother.
(d) Robert's younger brother.
6. What job does Mrs. Mayo at one time hold?
7. What is Andrew's job on the ship?
(b) Deck hand.
(c) Deck swabber.
(d) Head officer.
8. What is Dick Scott's title?
9. What is the weather at the beginning of Act 2?
10. What does Uncle Dick say to Andrew about the way he spoke up to his father in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "You're rude."
(b) "You were tough on him."
(c) "You certainly put him in his place."
(d) "I like your spirit."
11. What does Mrs. Mayo say that Ruth acted like at dinner with the Mayo family and Uncle Dick?
(b) Calm and relaxed.
(d) Flustered and giggly.
12. What does Robert gently pull away from Ruth's face when he's talking with her by the fence?
(a) A bandana.
(b) A veil.
(c) A bandaid.
(d) One of her hands.
13. What nickname does Robert give Ruth?
(a) Little Miss Common Sense.
(c) Sweetie pie.
(d) Ruthie girl.
14. Who says "I've earned my right to quit when I want to?"
(d) Mr. Mayo.
15. What does the child want to play with at the beginning of Act 2?
(b) Stuffed animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says Andrew is a born farmer while talking after dinner?
2. What is the relationship between Mrs. Mayo and Dick Scott?
3. What does Robert plan to do to keep the family afloat until harvest time?
4. How does Mr. Mayo describe Robert's farming abilities?
5. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)