|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dick Scott's title?
2. What does Andrew tell his parents about Robert's perspective on the sea voyage?
(a) Robert doesn't want to go on the voyage.
(b) Robert resents having to go.
(c) Robert is set on going on the voyage.
(d) Robert is too scared to go.
3. How long will Robert be at sea?
(a) Six years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) One year.
4. What is Mrs. Atkins first name?
5. Who says "Oh, Ruth, our love is sweeter than any distant dream?"
6. When Robert is a child, what does he look at and get to know by heart?
(a) Dog breeds.
(b) Different sunsets.
(c) Language study guides.
7. What job does Mrs. Mayo at one time hold?
8. What does the main room of the farmhouse look like in Act 2?
(a) All new furniture.
(b) Shabby and untidy.
(c) Newly painted.
9. What does Uncle Dick say to Andrew about the way he spoke up to his father in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "You certainly put him in his place."
(b) "You were tough on him."
(c) "I like your spirit."
(d) "You're rude."
10. What is Robert in search of during the sea voyage?
(b) Wide open spaces.
(d) Long lost cousin.
11. Who does Ruth say she loves at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
12. What is Robert doing instead of eating his meal in Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) Listening to the radio.
(d) Watching TV.
13. Who is knitting at the beginning of Act 2?
(b) Mrs. Atkins.
(d) Mrs. Scott.
14. Who is Andrew?
(a) Robert's older brother.
(b) Robert's twin.
(c) Robert's younger brother.
(d) Robert's cousin.
15. What color is Dick Scott's mustache?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert think the secret is to what he has been seeking at the beginning of the play?
2. What does Ben say will happen if he doesn't get paid when Robert gets back from town?
3. What does Robert tell his father about the farm after he says he's not going on the voyage?
4. Where is Robert sitting at the beginning of the play?
5. Who is joining the Mayo family for dinner at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)