|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
(a) Book reading.
(b) Plowing and farming.
2. What is Dick Scott's title?
3. Who is laughing at Ben?
(d) Farmers and farmhands.
4. What does Mrs. Mayo say in Act 2, Scene1 to defend Robert against Mrs. Atkins' criticisms?
(a) He is always on time.
(b) He has enough money.
(c) He works hard.
(d) He's better than they are.
5. Who is Andrew?
(a) Robert's younger brother.
(b) Robert's cousin.
(c) Robert's twin.
(d) Robert's older brother.
6. What is the setting of Act I, Scene 2?
(b) Small sitting room of the farmhouse.
7. What does the child want to play with at the beginning of Act 2?
(b) Stuffed animal.
8. What does Robert point to in the sky at the end of the Act 1, Scene1?
(c) Meteor shower.
9. Who does Ruth say she loves at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
10. Who places himself between Mr. Mayo and Andrew when Mr. Mayo threatens to hit Andrew?
(c) Mrs. Atkins.
(d) Mrs. Mayo.
11. Who says "I feel--dead" at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
(b) Mr. Mayo.
(d) Uncle Dick.
12. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
(a) She doesn't like to talk.
(b) She is too happy.
(c) She nags Ruth.
(d) She likes to be alone.
13. Why does Robert bring up Uncle Dick's name when he's talking with Ruth in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He's worried about disappointing him.
(b) He wonders if she's met him.
(c) He says he doesn't like him.
(d) He wants her to interview him.
14. Who says "Oh, Ruth, our love is sweeter than any distant dream?"
15. What is the setting of Act I, Scene I?
(a) The side of the road at twilight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What is Mrs. Atkins first name?
3. Who says that Ruth came to her for advice about managing the farm?
4. Who describes Robert as a loafer and stupid?
5. Where is Robert sitting at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)