|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who places himself between Mr. Mayo and Andrew when Mr. Mayo threatens to hit Andrew?
(b) Mrs. Atkins.
(c) Mrs. Mayo.
2. Who is Andrew?
(a) Robert's older brother.
(b) Robert's younger brother.
(c) Robert's twin.
(d) Robert's cousin.
3. When does Robert tell his family that he loves Ruth?
(a) Before dinner.
(b) After dinner when he returns home.
(c) At dinner.
(d) In the morning.
4. Who does Ruth say she loves at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. How does Mr. Mayo describe Robert's farming abilities?
(a) He has good ideas.
(b) He's can milk the cows.
(c) He was never cut out to be a farmer.
(d) He's a great farmer.
6. Who is knitting at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Mrs. Atkins.
(d) Mrs. Scott.
7. Who is laughing at Ben?
(c) Farmers and farmhands.
8. What is Robert late for in Act 2, Scene 1?
9. When Robert is a child, what does he look at and get to know by heart?
(a) Language study guides.
(c) Dog breeds.
(d) Different sunsets.
10. What does Mrs. Mayo say that Ruth acted like at dinner with the Mayo family and Uncle Dick?
(a) Flustered and giggly.
(c) Calm and relaxed.
11. What is Andrew's job on the ship?
(a) Head officer.
(c) Deck hand.
(d) Deck swabber.
12. What is his mother's reaction when Robert tells his family about him and Ruth?
(c) Relief that Robert is not going on the voyage.
13. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
(a) He'll make money.
(b) Learn how to cook.
(c) Volunteer work.
(d) More time to study biology.
14. What is Mrs. Atkins first name?
15. What is the setting of Act I, Scene I?
(d) The side of the road at twilight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Robert doing instead of eating his meal in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Mrs. Mayo say her husband died of?
3. What is Ruth reading when Robert comes in and watches her without her knowing in Act 2?
4. Who says "I feel--dead" at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
5. What kind of luck does Robert say he's been having?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)