|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says to Robert "I didn't want to spoil this last night you're here?"
(a) His mother.
(d) Mrs. Atkins.
2. What does Mrs. Mayo say that Ruth acted like at dinner with the Mayo family and Uncle Dick?
(a) Flustered and giggly.
(d) Calm and relaxed.
3. Who says Andrew is a born farmer while talking after dinner?
(a) Mr. Mayo.
(b) Mrs. Mayo.
(c) Dick Scott.
4. What is Ruth reading when Robert comes in and watches her without her knowing in Act 2?
(c) History book.
(d) A letter from Andrew.
5. What does Ben say will happen if he doesn't get paid when Robert gets back from town?
(a) He is fine with the money he has.
(b) There will be trouble.
(c) He'll come back next week.
(d) He can't wait.
6. Who places himself between Mr. Mayo and Andrew when Mr. Mayo threatens to hit Andrew?
(a) Mrs. Mayo.
(b) Mrs. Atkins.
7. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
(a) Learn how to cook.
(b) He'll make money.
(c) More time to study biology.
(d) Volunteer work.
8. What is Robert in search of during the sea voyage?
(a) Long lost cousin.
(d) Wide open spaces.
9. What does Dick Scott fix up on his ship for Robert?
(a) Dining room.
(b) Reading room.
10. What does Mr. Mayo tell Dick Scott he needs to find for his voyage?
(b) Hired hand.
11. What does the woman from the missionary ask Dick Scott?
(a) His first name.
(b) What time it is.
(d) Where seagulls sleep at night.
12. What is Dick Scott's title?
13. What does Mrs. Mayo say her husband died of?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Stubbornness and a broken heart.
(c) Old age.
14. How old is Ruth?
(a) Early twenties.
(b) Late thirties.
15. What does Robert point to in the sky at the end of the Act 1, Scene1?
(d) Meteor shower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Mayo's opinion of Andrew of at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who has lost her fresh appearance at the beginning of Act 2?
3. How long will Robert be at sea?
4. What is the weather at the beginning of Act 2?
5. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)