|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name that Robert's daughter calls him?
2. How does Mr. Mayo respond when Andrew says he wants to see the world?
(a) Andrew is running away from his own nature.
(b) Good luck.
(c) Write back and tell us everything.
(d) Have fun.
3. Robert says Ruth is mean and:
4. What does Andrew say from offstage at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Anyone home?
(c) What's going on?
(d) Where are you?
5. What is Ben's job?
(a) Hired hand.
6. What experience did Robert have as a child that he tells Ruth about in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He and his dad liked to play checkers.
(b) He and his mother went ice skating.
(c) He was a sickly child.
(d) He loved to color.
7. How does Ruth respond when Robert says that Andrew writes letters like a farmer in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She agrees with Robert's impression.
(b) She tears up Andrew's letter.
(c) She laughs and teases Robert.
(d) Robert should not make fun of Andrew.
8. Who places himself between Mr. Mayo and Andrew when Mr. Mayo threatens to hit Andrew?
(a) Mrs. Mayo.
(b) Mrs. Atkins.
9. Where is Andrew when Robert tells his family that he loves Ruth?
(b) Sitting room.
10. In what month is the beginning of the play set?
11. What is the relationship between Mrs. Mayo and Dick Scott?
(d) Sister and brother.
12. What does Mrs. Atkins use in order to move around?
13. Who says "Oh, Ruth, our love is sweeter than any distant dream?"
14. What is Dick Scott's title?
15. Who is knitting at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Mrs. Atkins.
(c) Mrs. Scott.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "I feel--dead" at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
2. How old is Ruth?
3. What is Robert late for in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does the main room of the farmhouse look like in Act 2?
5. What does Ben say is broken in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)