|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long will Robert be at sea?
(a) Three years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) One year.
2. What does Robert think the secret is to what he has been seeking at the beginning of the play?
3. Who says the hills around the farm feel like a prison?
4. What is Robert doing instead of eating his meal in Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) Listening to the radio.
(d) Watching TV.
5. Who says "I've earned my right to quit when I want to?"
(d) Mr. Mayo.
6. Who is Andrew?
(a) Robert's younger brother.
(b) Robert's twin.
(c) Robert's older brother.
(d) Robert's cousin.
7. What does Ben say will happen if he doesn't get paid when Robert gets back from town?
(a) He'll come back next week.
(b) He is fine with the money he has.
(c) He can't wait.
(d) There will be trouble.
8. What does Robert point to in the sky at the end of the Act 1, Scene1?
(c) Meteor shower.
9. What does the child want to play with at the beginning of Act 2?
(d) Stuffed animal.
10. What excuse does Ruth use as the reason she has to stay on the farm?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
11. Why does Ruth accuse Robert of being jealous of Andrew?
(a) Becuase he has better hair.
(b) Because Andrew has made a man of himself.
(c) Because he is older.
(d) Because he is taller.
12. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Take care of the family farm.
(c) Tax Preparation.
13. How does Ruth respond when Robert says that Andrew writes letters like a farmer in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She laughs and teases Robert.
(b) She tears up Andrew's letter.
(c) She agrees with Robert's impression.
(d) Robert should not make fun of Andrew.
14. What does Robert gently pull away from Ruth's face when he's talking with her by the fence?
(a) One of her hands.
(b) A bandana.
(c) A veil.
(d) A bandaid.
15. What does Andrew tell his father about Ruth in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She is sick.
(b) He never loved her.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She would make a terrible wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Mayo's opinion of Andrew of at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Mrs. Mayo say in Act 2, Scene1 to defend Robert against Mrs. Atkins' criticisms?
3. What does Ruth tell Robert about her feelings for Andrew?
4. How does Mr. Mayo respond when Andrew says he wants to see the world?
5. What is Ruth reading when Robert comes in and watches her without her knowing in Act 2?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)