|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andrew tell his parents about Robert's perspective on the sea voyage?
(a) Robert is set on going on the voyage.
(b) Robert doesn't want to go on the voyage.
(c) Robert is too scared to go.
(d) Robert resents having to go.
2. How long will Robert be at sea?
(a) Three years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) One year.
3. What does Robert tell his father about the farm after he says he's not going on the voyage?
(a) He will take a real interest in it and do his share.
(b) He will never work the farm.
(c) He's a poet and doesn't want to dirty his hands.
(d) He has a plan for a new crop.
4. Who is laughing at Ben?
(a) Farmers and farmhands.
5. What is the name of Robert and Ruth's child?
6. What does Ben say will happen if he doesn't get paid when Robert gets back from town?
(a) He can't wait.
(b) He is fine with the money he has.
(c) There will be trouble.
(d) He'll come back next week.
7. What excuse does Ruth use as the reason she has to stay on the farm?
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
8. Where does Robert bring Mrs. Atkins after dinner?
(a) Furniture store.
9. What noise does Robert and Ruth hear from outside after they've had their terrible fight?
(a) Mrs. Mayo singing.
(b) A horse and carriage on the road.
(c) Mary talking to her doll.
(d) Mrs. Atkins arguing.
10. Who says "We'll be late for supper, Rob?"
(a) Ruth's mother.
11. Robert says Ruth is mean and:
12. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Take care of the family farm.
(c) Tax Preparation.
13. Who does Ruth say she loves at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
14. What does the child want to play with at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Stuffed animal.
15. When Robert is a child, what does he look at and get to know by heart?
(a) Language study guides.
(b) Dog breeds.
(d) Different sunsets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman from the missionary ask Dick Scott?
2. What is the relationship between Mrs. Mayo and Dick Scott?
3. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
4. Who is knitting at the beginning of Act 2?
5. When does Robert tell his family that he loves Ruth?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)