|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Robert is a child, what does he look at and get to know by heart?
(a) Language study guides.
(c) Different sunsets.
(d) Dog breeds.
2. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
(a) Its low, musical sound.
(b) His British accent.
(c) Its high-pitched quality.
(d) His gruff sound.
3. What does Andrew tell Dick Scott he will do at the end of Act I, Scene II?
(a) Find another farm to work on.
(b) Go to college.
(c) Work on another ship.
(d) Take Robert's place on the voyage.
4. What noise does Robert and Ruth hear from outside after they've had their terrible fight?
(a) A horse and carriage on the road.
(b) Mrs. Mayo singing.
(c) Mary talking to her doll.
(d) Mrs. Atkins arguing.
5. What excuse does Ruth use as the reason she has to stay on the farm?
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
6. What is the name that Robert's daughter calls him?
7. What does Andrew say when he learns that Ruth loves Robert?
(a) "I knew it!"
(b) He curses them.
(c) "Good luck to you both."
(d) He says nothing.
8. What is the relationship between Mrs. Mayo and Dick Scott?
(b) Sister and brother.
9. Who says "Oh, Ruth, our love is sweeter than any distant dream?"
10. What sound does Mary make in the bedroom while her parents are fighting?
11. What does Robert plan to do to keep the family afloat until harvest time?
(a) Borrow money from Andrew.
(b) Raise prices for their potatoes.
(c) Sell off an acre of the farm.
(d) Mortgage the farm.
12. What does Ben say will happen if he doesn't get paid when Robert gets back from town?
(a) There will be trouble.
(b) He is fine with the money he has.
(c) He'll come back next week.
(d) He can't wait.
13. What does Robert point to in the sky at the end of the Act 1, Scene1?
(c) Meteor shower.
14. Who does Ruth say she loves at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
15. How does Mr. Mayo respond when Andrew says he wants to see the world?
(a) Andrew is running away from his own nature.
(b) Write back and tell us everything.
(c) Have fun.
(d) Good luck.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long will Robert be at sea?
2. What does Mrs. Atkins use in order to move around?
3. Who places himself between Mr. Mayo and Andrew when Mr. Mayo threatens to hit Andrew?
4. What does the main room of the farmhouse look like in Act 2?
5. How does Mr. Mayo describe Robert's farming abilities?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)