|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says Andrew is a born farmer while talking after dinner?
(b) Mrs. Mayo.
(c) Dick Scott.
(d) Mr. Mayo.
2. What is Robert doing instead of eating his meal in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Listening to the radio.
(b) Watching TV.
3. Who has lost her fresh appearance at the beginning of Act 2?
(b) Mrs. Atkins.
4. How old is Ruth?
(b) Early twenties.
(c) Late thirties.
5. What does the child want to play with at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Stuffed animal.
6. What color is Dick Scott's mustache?
7. What does Andrew say when he learns that Ruth loves Robert?
(a) He says nothing.
(b) "Good luck to you both."
(c) He curses them.
(d) "I knew it!"
8. Where is Andrew when Robert tells his family that he loves Ruth?
(a) Sitting room.
9. What is the relationship between Mrs. Mayo and Dick Scott?
(b) Sister and brother.
10. What does Robert say to Ruth about why he has to leave?
(a) The farm is too small a world.
(b) He hates being around his dad.
(c) He wants to get away from her.
(d) He is in love with her.
11. Who says that Robert "tells things so beautifully?"
(c) Uncle Dick.
(d) Mrs. Mayo.
12. What does Andrew tell Dick Scott he will do at the end of Act I, Scene II?
(a) Go to college.
(b) Find another farm to work on.
(c) Work on another ship.
(d) Take Robert's place on the voyage.
13. What does Mrs. Mayo say her husband died of?
(a) Stubbornness and a broken heart.
(c) Heart attack.
(d) Old age.
14. What does Dick Scott fix up on his ship for Robert?
(c) Dining room.
(d) Reading room.
15. What does Robert think the secret is to what he has been seeking at the beginning of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is joining the Mayo family for dinner at the beginning of the play?
2. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
3. Why does Ruth accuse Robert of being jealous of Andrew?
4. What does Ben say will happen if he doesn't get paid when Robert gets back from town?
5. What does Andrew suggest his father do to get more help on the farm?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)