|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather at the beginning of Act 2?
2. What does Mr. Mayo threaten to do to Andrew if he finds him still at home in the morning?
(a) Make a new plan.
(b) Give him breakfast.
(c) Hug him.
(d) Throw him out.
3. What color is Dick Scott's mustache?
4. What is Dick Scott's title?
5. What does Ben say is broken in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Mowing machine.
(b) The car.
(c) His hand.
(d) The dishwasher.
6. What does Mr. Mayo tell Dick Scott he needs to find for his voyage?
(a) Hired hand.
7. What does Mrs. Mayo say about Ruth and Andrew?
(a) They tell funny jokes.
(b) They are foolish.
(c) That Ruth doesn't love him.
(d) They'd make a nice couple.
8. What does Dick Scott fix up on his ship for Robert?
(a) Dining room.
(c) Reading room.
9. What does Robert say to Ruth about why he has to leave?
(a) He hates being around his dad.
(b) He wants to get away from her.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) The farm is too small a world.
10. Who is knitting at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Mrs. Scott.
(c) Mrs. Atkins.
11. What sound does Mary make in the bedroom while her parents are fighting?
12. What is Andrew's job on the ship?
(a) Head officer.
(b) Deck swabber.
(c) Deck hand.
13. What does Mrs. Atkins use in order to move around?
14. Who is Andrew?
(a) Robert's older brother.
(b) Robert's twin.
(c) Robert's younger brother.
(d) Robert's cousin.
15. What does the main room of the farmhouse look like in Act 2?
(a) Newly painted.
(b) All new furniture.
(c) Shabby and untidy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What experience did Robert have as a child that he tells Ruth about in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What is Ruth reading when Robert comes in and watches her without her knowing in Act 2?
3. Where is Andrew when Robert tells his family that he loves Ruth?
4. What is his mother's reaction when Robert tells his family about him and Ruth?
5. What does Andrew tell Dick Scott he will do at the end of Act I, Scene II?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)