Short Answer Key
Act 1, Scene 1
1. What is the setting of Act I, Scene I?
The side of the road at twilight.
2. In what month is the beginning of the play set?
3. Where is Robert sitting at the beginning of the play?
On a fence.
4. Who is Andrew?
Robert's older brother.
5. How long will Robert be at sea?
6. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
Plowing and farming.
7. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
Take care of the family farm.
8. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
He'll make money.
9. What is Robert in search of during the sea voyage?
Wide open spaces.
10. Who is joining...
This section contains 2,644 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)