|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 3, scene 1, what does Robert say Andrew has been doing for the last eight years?
(a) Running away from himself.
(b) Learning to paint.
(d) Having fun.
2. What is Mr. Mayo's opinion of Andrew of at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He hopes to see him soon.
(b) He is the best choice for the job.
(c) He doesn't love his mother.
(d) He's a liar and mean.
3. In the very last scene, Andrew tells Ruth they must:
(a) Never see one another again.
(b) Try to help each other.
(c) Leave on a vacation together.
(d) Marry right away.
4. What noise does Robert and Ruth hear from outside after they've had their terrible fight?
(a) A horse and carriage on the road.
(b) Mrs. Atkins arguing.
(c) Mary talking to her doll.
(d) Mrs. Mayo singing.
5. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
(a) She nags Ruth.
(b) She likes to be alone.
(c) She doesn't like to talk.
(d) She is too happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew try and convince Ruth to do because he thinks she owes Robert?
2. What does Andrew say to Robert about the death of his father?
3. When Robert is a child, what does he look at and get to know by heart?
4. Who says the hills around the farm feel like a prison?
5. What does Robert suggest that Andrew avoids telling Ruth when they are talking on the hilltop?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)