|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the very last scene, Andrew tells Ruth they must:
(a) Never see one another again.
(b) Marry right away.
(c) Try to help each other.
(d) Leave on a vacation together.
2. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
(a) She doesn't like to talk.
(b) She nags Ruth.
(c) She is too happy.
(d) She likes to be alone.
3. What does Andrew's rage change to at the end of the play when he is speaking to Ruth?
4. How is the apple tree at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2 described?
(b) Leafless and seems dead.
(c) In full bloom.
(d) Filled with apples.
5. What does Robert believe the rising sun is a symbol of?
(b) Good fortune.
(c) A hot day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is the train to New York City that the specialist travels on?
2. Who says he won't come back with "empty hands next time?"
3. How many telegrams did Ruth and Robert receive from Andrew in New York?
4. What color dress is Ruth wearing in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What experience did Robert have as a child that he tells Ruth about in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)