|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says to Robert "I didn't want to spoil this last night you're here?"
(b) Mrs. Atkins.
(d) His mother.
2. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
(a) Its low, musical sound.
(b) His gruff sound.
(c) Its high-pitched quality.
(d) His British accent.
3. Who says he won't come back with "empty hands next time?"
(a) Captain Scott.
(b) Uncle Dick.
4. Who is furious with Ruth when Robert is shut up in the bedroom?
(a) Mrs. Atkins.
(d) The specialist.
5. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
(a) Book reading.
(c) Plowing and farming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert say to Ruth about why he has to leave?
2. Who is dressed in white and looks pretty and fresh in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Why does Ruth tremble in fright when she steps inside Robert's bedroom?
4. What does Mary notice about her mother at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What name does Andrew sob out at the end of the play?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)