|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ruth tremble in fright when she steps inside Robert's bedroom?
(a) He is gone.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is breaking things in the room.
(d) He is unconscious.
2. Who calls Ruth a "mad fool" as Robert is sick in bed?
(c) Mrs. Atkins.
(d) The specialist.
3. What is wrong with the curtains in the sitting room in Act 3?
(a) They are the wrong color.
(b) They are gone.
(c) They are torn and dirty.
(d) They are new and wrinkled.
4. What does Ruth cover her face with after Robert dies?
(b) Her hands.
(d) Andrew's coat.
5. When Robert is a child, what does he look at and get to know by heart?
(a) Dog breeds.
(b) Different sunsets.
(d) Language study guides.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ruth reading when Robert comes in and watches her without her knowing in Act 2?
2. What phrase does Ruth use to describe Robert's state of mind right before he died?
3. What does Andrew say he'll do to help Robert in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. Who tells Andrew that the inside of Robert's lungs are bad?
5. What excuse does Ruth use as the reason she has to stay on the farm?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)