|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andrew say when he learns that Ruth loves Robert?
(a) He curses them.
(b) "I knew it!"
(c) "Good luck to you both."
(d) He says nothing.
2. What does the woman from the missionary ask Dick Scott?
(b) Where seagulls sleep at night.
(c) What time it is.
(d) His first name.
3. Why can't Ruth and Robert send a telegraph to Andrew?
(a) They don't know how to send a telegraph.
(b) They can't afford it.
(c) They don't know where the telegraph office is.
(d) They can't think of what to say.
4. Why does Ruth tremble in fright when she steps inside Robert's bedroom?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is gone.
(c) He is unconscious.
(d) He is breaking things in the room.
5. Who is Andrew?
(a) Robert's cousin.
(b) Robert's younger brother.
(c) Robert's older brother.
(d) Robert's twin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dick Scott fix up on his ship for Robert?
2. What does Mrs. Mayo say that Ruth acted like at dinner with the Mayo family and Uncle Dick?
3. Who says that Ruth came to her for advice about managing the farm?
4. Who strokes Mary's hair before they walk down from the hilltop to the house for dinner?
5. What kind of business does Andrew want to get into in Argentina?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)