|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Andrew call Ruth a murderess?
(a) She killed her mother.
(b) She killed her father.
(c) She killed her dog.
(d) He blames her for Robert's death.
2. What is Robert in search of during the sea voyage?
(a) Long lost cousin.
(c) Wide open spaces.
3. What is Mr. Mayo's opinion of Andrew of at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He is the best choice for the job.
(b) He doesn't love his mother.
(c) He hopes to see him soon.
(d) He's a liar and mean.
4. What does Robert tell his father about the farm after he says he's not going on the voyage?
(a) He will never work the farm.
(b) He will take a real interest in it and do his share.
(c) He's a poet and doesn't want to dirty his hands.
(d) He has a plan for a new crop.
5. What job is Andrew going to have on the ship bound for Argentina?
(d) Second officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is the train to New York City that the specialist travels on?
2. Who says "We'll be late for supper, Rob?"
3. Where does Andrew suggest they should bring Robert to get cured?
4. What is the medical specialist's name?
5. Why doesn't Andrew leave right away for the ship bound for Argentina?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)