|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Mayo describe Robert's farming abilities?
(a) He has good ideas.
(b) He's can milk the cows.
(c) He was never cut out to be a farmer.
(d) He's a great farmer.
2. Who is laughing at Ben?
(a) Farmers and farmhands.
3. Who describes Robert as a loafer and stupid?
(a) Mrs. Mayo.
4. Who is thin and unhealthy looking in Act 3?
(b) Mrs. Atkins.
(c) Dr. Fawcett.
5. What does Ruth tell Robert about her feelings for Andrew?
(a) She doesn't love him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She was just pretending.
(d) She'll always want to be with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act I, Scene 2?
2. Who strokes Mary's hair before they walk down from the hilltop to the house for dinner?
3. What does Robert say to Ruth about why he has to leave?
4. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does Andrew place over Robert's heart at the end of the play?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)