|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Mrs. Mayo and Dick Scott?
(b) Sister and brother.
2. Who says "I feel--dead" at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
(b) Mr. Mayo.
(c) Uncle Dick.
3. When Robert is a child, what does he look at and get to know by heart?
(a) Different sunsets.
(b) Language study guides.
(c) Dog breeds.
4. Why doesn't Andrew leave right away for the ship bound for Argentina?
(a) He's sick.
(b) He doesn't want to miss out on his mother's cooking.
(c) His car won't start.
(d) There's a storm coming.
5. What noise comes from Robert's throat in Scene 3, Act 2?
(a) A chuckle.
(b) A song.
(d) Rattling noise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth tell Robert when she goes up to the hilltop?
2. Who describes Robert as a loafer and stupid?
3. What does Andrew suggest his father do to get more help on the farm?
4. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
5. What is the last word Robert says in the play?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)