|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doesn't Ruth want to tell Robert at the end of the play?
(a) She doesn't want to cook dinner.
(b) She doesn't mean it when she says she hates him.
(c) She is too tired to help with the farm.
(d) She is leaving on the next train.
2. What does Ruth tell Andrew he must realize about her after Robert has died?
(a) Her experience as a cook.
(b) Her maiden name.
(c) She is an expert at religious questions.
(d) That she has suffered too.
3. Who is Andrew?
(a) Robert's younger brother.
(b) Robert's cousin.
(c) Robert's older brother.
(d) Robert's twin.
4. What does Andrew offer to lend Robert to get the farm back on its feet?
(a) His tools.
(c) Farm equipment.
5. What does Robert suggest that Andrew avoids telling Ruth when they are talking on the hilltop?
(a) That he wants her to be his wife.
(b) That he hopes she will return to Argentina with him.
(c) That he will always love her.
(d) That he doesn't love her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert point to in the sky at the end of the Act 1, Scene1?
2. What is the setting of the last scene in the play?
3. Why does Robert feel happy at last in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. What color dress is Ruth wearing in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. Who does Ruth say she loves at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)