|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "El Paso?"
(a) A ship bound for Buenos Aires.
(b) Mexican resturaunt.
(d) Store in town.
2. Who cradles Robert's head in her lap?
(a) Mrs. Mayo.
(b) Mrs. Atkins.
3. What job is Andrew going to have on the ship bound for Argentina?
(a) Second officer.
4. What does Andrew want to talk with Robert about at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The state of the farm.
(b) The weather.
(c) His desire to go to college.
(d) The dinner menu.
5. What does Robert tell his father about the farm after he says he's not going on the voyage?
(a) He's a poet and doesn't want to dirty his hands.
(b) He has a plan for a new crop.
(c) He will never work the farm.
(d) He will take a real interest in it and do his share.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew tell his father about Ruth in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Mrs. Atkins use in order to move around?
3. Who says to Robert "I didn't want to spoil this last night you're here?"
4. Who calls Ruth a "mad fool" as Robert is sick in bed?
5. How does Ruth speak when she says "I'll go" and walks slowly toward the bedroom?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)