|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Ruth a "mad fool" as Robert is sick in bed?
(a) Mrs. Atkins.
(b) The specialist.
2. What item does Andrew grab before he leaves the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) His cane.
(b) His gloves.
(c) His hat.
(d) His appointment book.
3. What experience did Robert have as a child that he tells Ruth about in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He was a sickly child.
(b) He loved to color.
(c) He and his mother went ice skating.
(d) He and his dad liked to play checkers.
4. Who is the last person to leave the stage at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What is the name of Robert and Ruth's child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary notice about her mother at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What does Ruth tell Andrew he must realize about her after Robert has died?
3. Who is joining the Mayo family for dinner at the beginning of the play?
4. What does Andrew offer to lend Robert to get the farm back on its feet?
5. Why can't Ruth and Robert send a telegraph to Andrew?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)