|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andrew's rage change to at the end of the play when he is speaking to Ruth?
2. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Tax Preparation.
(d) Take care of the family farm.
3. What is the last word Robert says in the play?
(a) "Play fair."
(c) "The truth."
4. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
(a) He'll make money.
(b) Learn how to cook.
(c) Volunteer work.
(d) More time to study biology.
5. What phrase does Ruth use to describe Robert's state of mind right before he died?
(a) He was so bereft.
(b) He was so happy.
(c) He was so nervous.
(d) He was so fearful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of the last scene in the play?
2. What does the woman from the missionary ask Dick Scott?
3. How many telegrams did Ruth and Robert receive from Andrew in New York?
4. How does Mr. Mayo respond when Andrew says he wants to see the world?
5. What does Robert say he feels like he's been cooped up in all his life?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)