|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ruth accuse Robert of being jealous of Andrew?
(a) Because he is older.
(b) Becuase he has better hair.
(c) Because he is taller.
(d) Because Andrew has made a man of himself.
2. What does Mrs. Mayo say her husband died of?
(a) Old age.
(b) Stubbornness and a broken heart.
(c) Heart attack.
3. What name does Andrew sob out at the end of the play?
(c) Uncle Dick's.
(d) Mrs. Mayo's.
4. What is Andrew's job on the ship?
(b) Head officer.
(c) Deck swabber.
(d) Deck hand.
5. What does Robert want Andrew to promise in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) To read more books.
(b) To mow the grass.
(c) To marry Ruth.
(d) To stay at the farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase does Ruth use to describe Robert's state of mind right before he died?
2. What experience did Robert have as a child that he tells Ruth about in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Robert says Ruth is mean and:
4. What noise does Robert and Ruth hear from outside after they've had their terrible fight?
5. Who does Ruth say she loves at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)