|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andrew say that Argentina has?
(a) Beautiful beaches.
(b) Excellent wines.
(d) Good food.
2. What does Mrs. Mayo say in Act 2, Scene1 to defend Robert against Mrs. Atkins' criticisms?
(a) He works hard.
(b) He is always on time.
(c) He has enough money.
(d) He's better than they are.
3. What does Robert gently pull away from Ruth's face when he's talking with her by the fence?
(a) A veil.
(b) A bandaid.
(c) A bandana.
(d) One of her hands.
4. What does Mr. Mayo threaten to do to Andrew if he finds him still at home in the morning?
(a) Make a new plan.
(b) Give him breakfast.
(c) Hug him.
(d) Throw him out.
5. Who calls Ruth a "mad fool" as Robert is sick in bed?
(c) The specialist.
(d) Mrs. Atkins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tone of voice does Andrew use to speak to Ruth after Robert has died?
2. What does Andrew tell his father about Ruth in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Who does Ruth say she loves at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
4. How does Mr. Mayo respond when Andrew says he wants to see the world?
5. Why can't Ruth and Robert send a telegraph to Andrew?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)