|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Mayo tell Dick Scott he needs to find for his voyage?
(a) Hired hand.
2. Who strokes Mary's hair before they walk down from the hilltop to the house for dinner?
(d) Uncle Dick.
3. What does Mrs. Mayo say in Act 2, Scene1 to defend Robert against Mrs. Atkins' criticisms?
(a) He's better than they are.
(b) He has enough money.
(c) He works hard.
(d) He is always on time.
4. Who is dressed in white and looks pretty and fresh in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Mrs. Atkins.
(d) Mrs. Mayo.
5. What does Andrew say to Ruth about his feelings for Robert in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) He is jealous.
(b) He feels resentful.
(c) He's mad at him.
(d) He loves Robert more than anyone in the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name that Robert's daughter calls him?
2. What does Ruth tell Robert when she goes up to the hilltop?
3. Who is knitting at the beginning of Act 2?
4. Why can't Ruth and Robert send a telegraph to Andrew?
5. What does Mary notice about her mother at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)