|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the curtains in the sitting room in Act 3?
(a) They are torn and dirty.
(b) They are the wrong color.
(c) They are gone.
(d) They are new and wrinkled.
2. When does Robert tell his family that he loves Ruth?
(a) At dinner.
(b) In the morning.
(c) Before dinner.
(d) After dinner when he returns home.
3. What meal is Kate cooking in honor of Andrew's visit?
4. What does Mrs. Atkins say that Mary inherited from her father?
(b) Happy disposition.
(c) A weak constitution.
5. What does Robert plan to do to keep the family afloat until harvest time?
(a) Sell off an acre of the farm.
(b) Mortgage the farm.
(c) Raise prices for their potatoes.
(d) Borrow money from Andrew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "Oh, Ruth, our love is sweeter than any distant dream?"
2. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
3. What is the setting of Act I, Scene I?
4. Who is Andrew?
5. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)