|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 2?
(d) Top of a hill.
2. What does Andrew want to talk with Robert about at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The dinner menu.
(b) His desire to go to college.
(c) The state of the farm.
(d) The weather.
3. What weather event does Andrew live through on the ship?
(a) Snow storm.
(b) Dry hot days.
(c) Ice storm.
4. What does Ruth tell Robert about her feelings for Andrew?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She was just pretending.
(c) She doesn't love him.
(d) She'll always want to be with him.
5. Who is dressed in white and looks pretty and fresh in Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) Mrs. Atkins.
(d) Mrs. Mayo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman from the missionary ask Dick Scott?
2. What is wrong with the curtains in the sitting room in Act 3?
3. What does Robert say to Ruth about why he has to leave?
4. Who says that Robert "tells things so beautifully?"
5. What does Mrs. Mayo say her husband died of?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)