|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of business does Andrew want to get into in Argentina?
(a) Ship building.
(c) Grain business.
2. What does Mrs. Mayo say in Act 2, Scene1 to defend Robert against Mrs. Atkins' criticisms?
(a) He has enough money.
(b) He's better than they are.
(c) He is always on time.
(d) He works hard.
3. What is open in the bedroom when Ruth goes in to talk with Robert?
(a) The window.
(b) The door.
(c) A drawer.
(d) A jewelry box.
4. What does Andrew offer to lend Robert to get the farm back on its feet?
(b) Farm equipment.
(c) His tools.
5. What is wrong with the curtains in the sitting room in Act 3?
(a) They are the wrong color.
(b) They are new and wrinkled.
(c) They are torn and dirty.
(d) They are gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is furious with Ruth when Robert is shut up in the bedroom?
2. Who says "I've earned my right to quit when I want to?"
3. What does Andrew want to talk with Robert about at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What is Robert's response when Andrew says he's going to accept a job from a friend?
5. What experience did Robert have as a child that he tells Ruth about in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)