|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Uncle Dick tending in the port while Andrew is on the hilltop?
2. What tone of voice does Ruth use when she says "Come on and I'll get your dinner for you" at the end of Act 2?
3. What does Uncle Dick say to Andrew about the way he spoke up to his father in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "You certainly put him in his place."
(b) "You're rude."
(c) "You were tough on him."
(d) "I like your spirit."
4. What is his mother's reaction when Robert tells his family about him and Ruth?
(d) Relief that Robert is not going on the voyage.
5. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
(a) Its high-pitched quality.
(b) His British accent.
(c) Its low, musical sound.
(d) His gruff sound.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who describes Robert as a loafer and stupid?
2. What does Andrew say he'll do to help Robert in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Who is joining the Mayo family for dinner at the beginning of the play?
4. What time is the train to New York City that the specialist travels on?
5. Who is the last person to leave the stage at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)