|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert suggest that Andrew avoids telling Ruth when they are talking on the hilltop?
(a) That he hopes she will return to Argentina with him.
(b) That he wants her to be his wife.
(c) That he doesn't love her.
(d) That he will always love her.
2. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
(a) He'll make money.
(b) Volunteer work.
(c) Learn how to cook.
(d) More time to study biology.
3. What does Andrew offer to lend Robert to get the farm back on its feet?
(c) His tools.
(d) Farm equipment.
4. Who describes Robert as a loafer and stupid?
(b) Mrs. Mayo.
5. Who says I wouldn't "know how to feel love, even if I tried" in Act 3, Scene 1?
(d) Mrs. Atkins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman from the missionary ask Dick Scott?
2. What job is Andrew going to have on the ship bound for Argentina?
3. What sound does Mary make in the bedroom while her parents are fighting?
4. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What does Mr. Mayo tell Dick Scott he needs to find for his voyage?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)