|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Robert sitting on while he's on the hilltop with Mary, gazing at the horizon?
2. What does Mary notice about her mother at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) She is laughing at a joke.
(b) She is wearing a new hat.
(c) She is crying.
(d) She is frowning.
3. Who is joining the Mayo family for dinner at the beginning of the play?
(c) Uncle Matthew.
(d) Ruth and her mother.
4. What does Ben say is broken in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Mowing machine.
(b) His hand.
(c) The dishwasher.
(d) The car.
5. What is the name of Robert and Ruth's child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Andrew want to talk with Robert about at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Who is knitting at the beginning of Act 2?
4. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
5. When does Robert tell his family that he loves Ruth?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)