|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Mayo describe Robert's farming abilities?
(a) He's a great farmer.
(b) He's can milk the cows.
(c) He was never cut out to be a farmer.
(d) He has good ideas.
2. How old is Ruth?
(b) Early twenties.
(c) Late thirties.
3. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Take care of the family farm.
(c) Tax Preparation.
4. Who says "Oh, Ruth, our love is sweeter than any distant dream?"
5. How does Ruth respond when Robert says that Andrew writes letters like a farmer in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Robert should not make fun of Andrew.
(b) She agrees with Robert's impression.
(c) She tears up Andrew's letter.
(d) She laughs and teases Robert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Ruth use as the reason she has to stay on the farm?
2. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
3. Who says that Ruth came to her for advice about managing the farm?
4. What does Andrew say he's going to turn the farm into during Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)