|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is his mother's reaction when Robert tells his family about him and Ruth?
(b) Relief that Robert is not going on the voyage.
2. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
(a) She doesn't like to talk.
(b) She likes to be alone.
(c) She is too happy.
(d) She nags Ruth.
3. Why does Robert bring up Uncle Dick's name when he's talking with Ruth in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He wonders if she's met him.
(b) He says he doesn't like him.
(c) He wants her to interview him.
(d) He's worried about disappointing him.
4. What does Ben say will happen if he doesn't get paid when Robert gets back from town?
(a) He is fine with the money he has.
(b) He can't wait.
(c) There will be trouble.
(d) He'll come back next week.
5. What is the weather at the beginning of Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ruth accuse Robert of being jealous of Andrew?
2. What color is Dick Scott's mustache?
3. Robert says Ruth is mean and:
4. What does Mrs. Mayo say that Ruth acted like at dinner with the Mayo family and Uncle Dick?
5. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)