|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ruth respond when Robert says that Andrew writes letters like a farmer in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She laughs and teases Robert.
(b) She agrees with Robert's impression.
(c) She tears up Andrew's letter.
(d) Robert should not make fun of Andrew.
2. What is the name that Robert's daughter calls him?
3. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
(b) Book reading.
(d) Plowing and farming.
4. Who says he won't come back with "empty hands next time?"
(c) Captain Scott.
(d) Uncle Dick.
5. What nickname does Robert give Ruth?
(a) Ruthie girl.
(b) Sweetie pie.
(d) Little Miss Common Sense.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew suggest they hire to help out around the farm?
2. What does Ben say will happen if he doesn't get paid when Robert gets back from town?
3. What meal is Kate cooking in honor of Andrew's visit?
4. How old is Ruth?
5. When does Robert tell his family that he loves Ruth?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)