|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name that Robert's daughter calls him?
2. What is Uncle Dick tending in the port while Andrew is on the hilltop?
3. What is Ruth reading when Robert comes in and watches her without her knowing in Act 2?
(b) A letter from Andrew.
(d) History book.
4. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
(a) Its low, musical sound.
(b) His gruff sound.
(c) His British accent.
(d) Its high-pitched quality.
5. Who has lost her fresh appearance at the beginning of Act 2?
(d) Mrs. Atkins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is knitting at the beginning of Act 2?
2. Why doesn't Andrew leave right away for the ship bound for Argentina?
3. What excuse does Ruth use as the reason she has to stay on the farm?
4. What does Ben say is broken in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What does Mrs. Mayo say in Act 2, Scene1 to defend Robert against Mrs. Atkins' criticisms?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)