|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andrew tell his parents about Robert's perspective on the sea voyage?
(a) Robert resents having to go.
(b) Robert doesn't want to go on the voyage.
(c) Robert is set on going on the voyage.
(d) Robert is too scared to go.
2. Robert says Ruth is mean and:
3. What experience did Robert have as a child that he tells Ruth about in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He was a sickly child.
(b) He and his dad liked to play checkers.
(c) He loved to color.
(d) He and his mother went ice skating.
4. What does Mary notice about her mother at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) She is crying.
(b) She is wearing a new hat.
(c) She is frowning.
(d) She is laughing at a joke.
5. What noise does Robert and Ruth hear from outside after they've had their terrible fight?
(a) A horse and carriage on the road.
(b) Mrs. Atkins arguing.
(c) Mrs. Mayo singing.
(d) Mary talking to her doll.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth say she feels like she's having in honor of Andrew's visit?
2. What is the name that Robert's daughter calls him?
3. What does Robert plan to do to keep the family afloat until harvest time?
4. What does Mr. Mayo threaten to do to Andrew if he finds him still at home in the morning?
5. What is Mr. Mayo's opinion of Andrew of at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)