|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that Ruth came to her for advice about managing the farm?
(a) Mrs. Atkins.
(d) Mrs. Mayo.
2. Why doesn't Andrew leave right away for the ship bound for Argentina?
(a) His car won't start.
(b) There's a storm coming.
(c) He's sick.
(d) He doesn't want to miss out on his mother's cooking.
3. Who says the hills around the farm feel like a prison?
4. What does Robert point to in the sky at the end of the Act 1, Scene1?
(a) Meteor shower.
5. What does the main room of the farmhouse look like in Act 2?
(a) Shabby and untidy.
(b) All new furniture.
(d) Newly painted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "I've earned my right to quit when I want to?"
2. What experience did Robert have as a child that he tells Ruth about in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What nickname does Robert give Ruth?
4. What is the name that Robert's daughter calls him?
5. How does Mr. Mayo respond when Andrew says he wants to see the world?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)