|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What noise does Robert and Ruth hear from outside after they've had their terrible fight?
(a) Mrs. Atkins arguing.
(b) A horse and carriage on the road.
(c) Mary talking to her doll.
(d) Mrs. Mayo singing.
2. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
(a) She doesn't like to talk.
(b) She is too happy.
(c) She likes to be alone.
(d) She nags Ruth.
3. What does Mrs. Atkins use in order to move around?
4. What does Robert do after he lifts Ruth into his arms in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Carries her to the road.
(b) Runs away with her.
(c) Places her in a car.
(d) Puts her on a bicycle.
5. What does Andrew suggest they hire to help out around the farm?
(c) An experienced farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "I feel--dead" at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
2. Who strokes Mary's hair before they walk down from the hilltop to the house for dinner?
3. What is Robert doing instead of eating his meal in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What is Ruth reading when Robert comes in and watches her without her knowing in Act 2?
5. What does Robert say to Ruth about why he has to leave?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)