|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ben say will happen if he doesn't get paid when Robert gets back from town?
(a) He can't wait.
(b) There will be trouble.
(c) He'll come back next week.
(d) He is fine with the money he has.
2. What is the setting of Act I, Scene I?
(d) The side of the road at twilight.
3. Where is Robert sitting at the beginning of the play?
(a) On a fence.
4. Who says he won't come back with "empty hands next time?"
(a) Captain Scott.
(b) Uncle Dick.
5. What does Robert suggest that Andrew avoids telling Ruth when they are talking on the hilltop?
(a) That he wants her to be his wife.
(b) That he hopes she will return to Argentina with him.
(c) That he doesn't love her.
(d) That he will always love her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is dressed in white and looks pretty and fresh in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Mrs. Mayo say in Act 2, Scene1 to defend Robert against Mrs. Atkins' criticisms?
3. What job does Mrs. Mayo at one time hold?
4. What makes Captain Scott get out of breath in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)