|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is his mother's reaction when Robert tells his family about him and Ruth?
(b) Relief that Robert is not going on the voyage.
2. Where is Robert sitting at the beginning of the play?
(a) On a fence.
3. What does Andrew suggest his father do to get more help on the farm?
(a) Work harder.
(b) Buy new equipment.
(c) Hire two men.
(d) Hire a man.
4. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
(a) She likes to be alone.
(b) She nags Ruth.
(c) She doesn't like to talk.
(d) She is too happy.
5. What does Robert plan to do to keep the family afloat until harvest time?
(a) Mortgage the farm.
(b) Sell off an acre of the farm.
(c) Raise prices for their potatoes.
(d) Borrow money from Andrew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the child want to play with at the beginning of Act 2?
2. What is Robert late for in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does Andrew say when he learns that Ruth loves Robert?
4. What does Robert gently pull away from Ruth's face when he's talking with her by the fence?
5. What does Ruth say would happen to her if Robert leaves?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)