|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
(a) She nags Ruth.
(b) She is too happy.
(c) She doesn't like to talk.
(d) She likes to be alone.
2. Who says "Oh, Ruth, our love is sweeter than any distant dream?"
3. Who says "We'll be late for supper, Rob?"
(b) Ruth's mother.
4. Who says that Ruth came to her for advice about managing the farm?
(b) Mrs. Mayo.
(d) Mrs. Atkins.
5. What is Robert late for in Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act I, Scene I?
2. Who is dressed in white and looks pretty and fresh in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does Andrew offer to lend Robert to get the farm back on its feet?
4. What does Robert say to Ruth about why he has to leave?
5. When Robert is a child, what does he look at and get to know by heart?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)