|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says he won't come back with "empty hands next time?"
(c) Uncle Dick.
(d) Captain Scott.
2. What does Andrew want to talk with Robert about at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) His desire to go to college.
(b) The weather.
(c) The dinner menu.
(d) The state of the farm.
3. What does Robert gently pull away from Ruth's face when he's talking with her by the fence?
(a) A bandaid.
(b) A veil.
(c) A bandana.
(d) One of her hands.
4. What does the child want to play with at the beginning of Act 2?
(b) Stuffed animal.
5. What does Ruth say she feels like she's having in honor of Andrew's visit?
(a) Birthday celebration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew tell Ruth about his love for her in the past?
2. Who says "I feel--dead" at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
3. What does Mr. Mayo threaten to do to Andrew if he finds him still at home in the morning?
4. What is his mother's reaction when Robert tells his family about him and Ruth?
5. Who says Andrew is a born farmer while talking after dinner?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)