|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says to Robert "I didn't want to spoil this last night you're here?"
(a) Mrs. Atkins.
(c) His mother.
2. Who says that Ruth came to her for advice about managing the farm?
(a) Mrs. Mayo.
(b) Mrs. Atkins.
3. What does Robert tell his father about the farm after he says he's not going on the voyage?
(a) He's a poet and doesn't want to dirty his hands.
(b) He has a plan for a new crop.
(c) He will never work the farm.
(d) He will take a real interest in it and do his share.
4. What does Ruth say would happen to her if Robert leaves?
(a) Her heart would break.
(b) She would join a church group.
(c) She would forget him.
(d) She would follow him.
5. What is Mr. Mayo's opinion of Andrew of at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He doesn't love his mother.
(b) He's a liar and mean.
(c) He is the best choice for the job.
(d) He hopes to see him soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth say she feels like she's having in honor of Andrew's visit?
2. What does Andrew tell Ruth about his love for her in the past?
3. What does Mrs. Mayo say about Ruth and Andrew?
4. What job is Andrew going to have on the ship bound for Argentina?
5. What is the "El Paso?"
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)