|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert gently pull away from Ruth's face when he's talking with her by the fence?
(a) One of her hands.
(b) A bandaid.
(c) A veil.
(d) A bandana.
2. What kind of business does Andrew want to get into in Argentina?
(a) Ship building.
(b) Grain business.
3. Who is joining the Mayo family for dinner at the beginning of the play?
(b) Ruth and her mother.
(d) Uncle Matthew.
4. What is Andrew's job on the ship?
(a) Deck swabber.
(b) Head officer.
(c) Deck hand.
5. What does Mrs. Mayo say in Act 2, Scene1 to defend Robert against Mrs. Atkins' criticisms?
(a) He has enough money.
(b) He is always on time.
(c) He's better than they are.
(d) He works hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Robert's response when Andrew says he's going to accept a job from a friend?
2. What kind of luck does Robert say he's been having?
3. What does Andrew tell his parents about Robert's perspective on the sea voyage?
4. What is the weather at the beginning of Act 2?
5. What does Andrew say from offstage at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)