|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the child want to play with at the beginning of Act 2?
(b) Stuffed animal.
2. In what month is the beginning of the play set?
3. What does Andrew tell Dick Scott he will do at the end of Act I, Scene II?
(a) Go to college.
(b) Find another farm to work on.
(c) Take Robert's place on the voyage.
(d) Work on another ship.
4. What sound does Mary make in the bedroom while her parents are fighting?
5. How does Ruth respond when Robert says that Andrew writes letters like a farmer in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She agrees with Robert's impression.
(b) Robert should not make fun of Andrew.
(c) She tears up Andrew's letter.
(d) She laughs and teases Robert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Andrew when Robert tells his family that he loves Ruth?
2. What does Ben say is broken in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What is the name that Robert's daughter calls him?
4. Where does Robert bring Mrs. Atkins after dinner?
5. How does Mr. Mayo respond when Andrew says he wants to see the world?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)