|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andrew tell his father about Ruth in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She would make a terrible wife.
(b) He never loved her.
(c) She is sick.
(d) She is pregnant.
2. What does Andrew say from offstage at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) Anyone home?
(c) Where are you?
(d) What's going on?
3. What does Mr. Mayo tell Dick Scott he needs to find for his voyage?
(d) Hired hand.
4. How old is Ruth?
(a) Late thirties.
(d) Early twenties.
5. Who is joining the Mayo family for dinner at the beginning of the play?
(b) Ruth and her mother.
(c) Uncle Matthew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Uncle Dick say to Andrew about the way he spoke up to his father in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Dick Scott fix up on his ship for Robert?
4. What experience did Robert have as a child that he tells Ruth about in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Why does Robert bring up Uncle Dick's name when he's talking with Ruth in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)