|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Act I, Scene I?
(c) The side of the road at twilight.
2. What does Robert plan to do to keep the family afloat until harvest time?
(a) Borrow money from Andrew.
(b) Raise prices for their potatoes.
(c) Mortgage the farm.
(d) Sell off an acre of the farm.
3. What does Ruth say would happen to her if Robert leaves?
(a) She would follow him.
(b) Her heart would break.
(c) She would forget him.
(d) She would join a church group.
4. What does the main room of the farmhouse look like in Act 2?
(a) All new furniture.
(c) Newly painted.
(d) Shabby and untidy.
5. Why does Ruth accuse Robert of being jealous of Andrew?
(a) Because Andrew has made a man of himself.
(b) Becuase he has better hair.
(c) Because he is taller.
(d) Because he is older.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "We'll be late for supper, Rob?"
2. What is Robert in search of during the sea voyage?
3. In what month is the beginning of the play set?
4. What does Robert think the secret is to what he has been seeking at the beginning of the play?
5. What does Robert tell his father about the farm after he says he's not going on the voyage?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)