|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Andrew when Robert tells his family that he loves Ruth?
(b) Sitting room.
2. What does Mrs. Atkins use in order to move around?
3. What does Ruth tell Robert about her feelings for Andrew?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She'll always want to be with him.
(c) She doesn't love him.
(d) She was just pretending.
4. What does Robert tell his father about the farm after he says he's not going on the voyage?
(a) He's a poet and doesn't want to dirty his hands.
(b) He will never work the farm.
(c) He will take a real interest in it and do his share.
(d) He has a plan for a new crop.
5. What excuse does Ruth use as the reason she has to stay on the farm?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says to Robert "I didn't want to spoil this last night you're here?"
2. What is Ruth reading when Robert comes in and watches her without her knowing in Act 2?
3. How does Ruth respond when Robert says that Andrew writes letters like a farmer in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Mr. Mayo tell Dick Scott he needs to find for his voyage?
5. What sound does Mary make in the bedroom while her parents are fighting?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)