|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Andrew when Robert tells his family that he loves Ruth?
(d) Sitting room.
2. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
(a) She nags Ruth.
(b) She doesn't like to talk.
(c) She likes to be alone.
(d) She is too happy.
3. What does Andrew tell Dick Scott he will do at the end of Act I, Scene II?
(a) Find another farm to work on.
(b) Work on another ship.
(c) Go to college.
(d) Take Robert's place on the voyage.
4. What color is Dick Scott's mustache?
5. What does Mrs. Atkins use in order to move around?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "We'll be late for supper, Rob?"
2. What does the child want to play with at the beginning of Act 2?
3. What noise does Robert and Ruth hear from outside after they've had their terrible fight?
4. What is his mother's reaction when Robert tells his family about him and Ruth?
5. Who says Andrew is a born farmer while talking after dinner?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)