|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says "I feel--dead" at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Mayo.
(b) Uncle Dick.
2. What does Andrew check on after dinner when he leaves the sitting room?
(a) His laundry.
(c) The black cow.
(d) The chickens.
3. What does Andrew tell his father about Ruth in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He never loved her.
(b) She would make a terrible wife.
(c) She is sick.
(d) She is pregnant.
4. What does Robert say to Ruth about why he has to leave?
(a) He wants to get away from her.
(b) The farm is too small a world.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He hates being around his dad.
5. What does Robert point to in the sky at the end of the Act 1, Scene1?
(a) Meteor shower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert bring up Uncle Dick's name when he's talking with Ruth in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What is Mr. Mayo's opinion of Andrew of at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Andrew tell his parents about Robert's perspective on the sea voyage?
4. What does Ben say is broken in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)