|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says Andrew is a born farmer while talking after dinner?
(a) Mr. Mayo.
(b) Dick Scott.
(d) Mrs. Mayo.
2. Who says "Oh, Ruth, our love is sweeter than any distant dream?"
3. What job does Mrs. Mayo at one time hold?
4. What does Robert tell his father about the farm after he says he's not going on the voyage?
(a) He's a poet and doesn't want to dirty his hands.
(b) He will never work the farm.
(c) He will take a real interest in it and do his share.
(d) He has a plan for a new crop.
5. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
(a) More time to study biology.
(b) He'll make money.
(c) Volunteer work.
(d) Learn how to cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Andrew's job on the ship?
2. What is Robert doing instead of eating his meal in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does Mr. Mayo threaten to do to Andrew if he finds him still at home in the morning?
4. What does Ruth say would happen to her if Robert leaves?
5. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)