|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the main room of the farmhouse look like in Act 2?
(a) All new furniture.
(b) Newly painted.
(c) Shabby and untidy.
2. Who places himself between Mr. Mayo and Andrew when Mr. Mayo threatens to hit Andrew?
(b) Mrs. Mayo.
(c) Mrs. Atkins.
3. What does Andrew tell his parents about Robert's perspective on the sea voyage?
(a) Robert resents having to go.
(b) Robert is too scared to go.
(c) Robert is set on going on the voyage.
(d) Robert doesn't want to go on the voyage.
4. How does Ruth respond when Robert says that Andrew writes letters like a farmer in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She tears up Andrew's letter.
(b) She agrees with Robert's impression.
(c) She laughs and teases Robert.
(d) Robert should not make fun of Andrew.
5. Where is Robert sitting at the beginning of the play?
(a) On a fence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says to Robert "I didn't want to spoil this last night you're here?"
2. What is the weather at the beginning of Act 2?
3. Who describes Robert as a loafer and stupid?
4. What is Mrs. Atkins first name?
5. Who says that Ruth came to her for advice about managing the farm?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)