|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andrew tell his parents about Robert's perspective on the sea voyage?
(a) Robert resents having to go.
(b) Robert is set on going on the voyage.
(c) Robert is too scared to go.
(d) Robert doesn't want to go on the voyage.
2. What does Robert gently pull away from Ruth's face when he's talking with her by the fence?
(a) A bandaid.
(b) One of her hands.
(c) A bandana.
(d) A veil.
3. Who says to Robert "I didn't want to spoil this last night you're here?"
(b) Mrs. Atkins.
(c) His mother.
4. Who is laughing at Ben?
(c) Farmers and farmhands.
5. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
(a) Its low, musical sound.
(b) His British accent.
(c) Its high-pitched quality.
(d) His gruff sound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert point to in the sky at the end of the Act 1, Scene1?
2. What does Ruth tell Robert about her feelings for Andrew?
3. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
4. Who says the hills around the farm feel like a prison?
5. What does Mr. Mayo threaten to do to Andrew if he finds him still at home in the morning?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)