|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth tell Robert about her feelings for Andrew?
(a) She doesn't love him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She was just pretending.
(d) She'll always want to be with him.
2. What does Ruth say would happen to her if Robert leaves?
(a) She would follow him.
(b) She would join a church group.
(c) She would forget him.
(d) Her heart would break.
3. What is Robert in search of during the sea voyage?
(c) Wide open spaces.
(d) Long lost cousin.
4. Who is joining the Mayo family for dinner at the beginning of the play?
(a) Uncle Matthew.
(b) Ruth and her mother.
5. What is the setting of Act I, Scene I?
(b) The side of the road at twilight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
2. In what month is the beginning of the play set?
3. What does Mrs. Mayo say about Ruth and Andrew?
4. What is Dick Scott's title?
5. What does Robert plan to do to keep the family afloat until harvest time?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)