|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Andrew when Robert tells his family that he loves Ruth?
(a) Sitting room.
2. What does Ruth tell Robert about her feelings for Andrew?
(a) She was just pretending.
(b) She'll always want to be with him.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She doesn't love him.
3. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
(a) He'll make money.
(b) More time to study biology.
(c) Volunteer work.
(d) Learn how to cook.
4. What does Andrew suggest his father do to get more help on the farm?
(a) Buy new equipment.
(b) Hire a man.
(c) Work harder.
(d) Hire two men.
5. Who is joining the Mayo family for dinner at the beginning of the play?
(a) Uncle Matthew.
(b) Ruth and her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act I, Scene I?
2. What does Andrew tell his father about Ruth in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What is the weather at the beginning of Act 2?
4. What does the woman from the missionary ask Dick Scott?
5. What kind of luck does Robert say he's been having?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)