|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
(a) She nags Ruth.
(b) She likes to be alone.
(c) She is too happy.
(d) She doesn't like to talk.
2. How does Mr. Mayo respond when Andrew says he wants to see the world?
(a) Write back and tell us everything.
(b) Good luck.
(c) Andrew is running away from his own nature.
(d) Have fun.
3. Who describes Robert as a loafer and stupid?
(d) Mrs. Mayo.
4. How does Ruth respond when Robert says that Andrew writes letters like a farmer in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She tears up Andrew's letter.
(b) She agrees with Robert's impression.
(c) Robert should not make fun of Andrew.
(d) She laughs and teases Robert.
5. What is Robert in search of during the sea voyage?
(a) Long lost cousin.
(c) Wide open spaces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name that Robert's daughter calls him?
2. How does Mr. Mayo describe Robert's farming abilities?
3. What does Uncle Dick say to Andrew about the way he spoke up to his father in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does the woman from the missionary ask Dick Scott?
5. Who is knitting at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)