|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who describes Robert as a loafer and stupid?
(c) Mrs. Mayo.
2. How long will Robert be at sea?
(a) One year.
(b) Six years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Three years.
3. What is Ben's job?
(a) Hired hand.
4. What is Robert doing instead of eating his meal in Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) Watching TV.
(c) Listening to the radio.
5. What does Mrs. Mayo say that Ruth acted like at dinner with the Mayo family and Uncle Dick?
(c) Calm and relaxed.
(d) Flustered and giggly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act I, Scene 2?
2. What noise does Robert and Ruth hear from outside after they've had their terrible fight?
3. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
4. What does Mrs. Mayo say her husband died of?
5. How does Ruth respond when Robert says that Andrew writes letters like a farmer in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)