|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert say to Ruth about why he has to leave?
(a) The farm is too small a world.
(b) He hates being around his dad.
(c) He wants to get away from her.
(d) He is in love with her.
2. What noise does Robert and Ruth hear from outside after they've had their terrible fight?
(a) A horse and carriage on the road.
(b) Mrs. Mayo singing.
(c) Mary talking to her doll.
(d) Mrs. Atkins arguing.
3. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
(a) More time to study biology.
(b) Volunteer work.
(c) He'll make money.
(d) Learn how to cook.
4. What is the setting of Act I, Scene I?
(d) The side of the road at twilight.
5. Who says that Ruth came to her for advice about managing the farm?
(b) Mrs. Atkins.
(c) Mrs. Mayo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Mrs. Mayo and Dick Scott?
2. What job does Mrs. Mayo at one time hold?
3. Who says "Oh, Ruth, our love is sweeter than any distant dream?"
4. What is Andrew's job on the ship?
5. Where is Robert sitting at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)