|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Andrew?
(a) Robert's younger brother.
(b) Robert's twin.
(c) Robert's cousin.
(d) Robert's older brother.
2. What excuse does Ruth use as the reason she has to stay on the farm?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
3. What does Andrew tell his father about Ruth in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She would make a terrible wife.
(b) He never loved her.
(c) She is sick.
(d) She is pregnant.
4. What does Ruth say would happen to her if Robert leaves?
(a) Her heart would break.
(b) She would follow him.
(c) She would join a church group.
(d) She would forget him.
5. Who says the hills around the farm feel like a prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Atkins use in order to move around?
2. What does Andrew say from offstage at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does Ben say will happen if he doesn't get paid when Robert gets back from town?
4. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What does Andrew check on after dinner when he leaves the sitting room?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)