|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert tell his father about the farm after he says he's not going on the voyage?
(a) He has a plan for a new crop.
(b) He will take a real interest in it and do his share.
(c) He's a poet and doesn't want to dirty his hands.
(d) He will never work the farm.
2. How long will Robert be at sea?
(a) Six years.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Twelve years.
3. Why does Ruth accuse Robert of being jealous of Andrew?
(a) Because he is older.
(b) Becuase he has better hair.
(c) Because Andrew has made a man of himself.
(d) Because he is taller.
4. What does Andrew say when he learns that Ruth loves Robert?
(a) He curses them.
(b) "I knew it!"
(c) He says nothing.
(d) "Good luck to you both."
5. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
(a) She is too happy.
(b) She nags Ruth.
(c) She likes to be alone.
(d) She doesn't like to talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Mayo respond when Andrew says he wants to see the world?
2. What excuse does Ruth use as the reason she has to stay on the farm?
3. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
4. What is Mr. Mayo's opinion of Andrew of at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Who says the hills around the farm feel like a prison?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)