|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What noise does Robert and Ruth hear from outside after they've had their terrible fight?
(a) A horse and carriage on the road.
(b) Mrs. Atkins arguing.
(c) Mary talking to her doll.
(d) Mrs. Mayo singing.
2. Who says "We'll be late for supper, Rob?"
(d) Ruth's mother.
3. What does Mrs. Mayo say her husband died of?
(a) Stubbornness and a broken heart.
(b) Old age.
(d) Heart attack.
4. What does Robert point to in the sky at the end of the Act 1, Scene1?
(d) Meteor shower.
5. Who says that Robert "tells things so beautifully?"
(a) Uncle Dick.
(d) Mrs. Mayo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name that Robert's daughter calls him?
2. What does Andrew suggest his father do to get more help on the farm?
3. What does Dick Scott fix up on his ship for Robert?
4. Who describes Robert as a loafer and stupid?
5. Why does Ruth accuse Robert of being jealous of Andrew?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)