|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the main room of the farmhouse look like in Act 2?
(a) Shabby and untidy.
(c) Newly painted.
(d) All new furniture.
2. In what month is the beginning of the play set?
3. What does Mrs. Atkins use in order to move around?
4. What does Robert say to Ruth about why he has to leave?
(a) The farm is too small a world.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) He hates being around his dad.
(d) He wants to get away from her.
5. What job does Mrs. Mayo at one time hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ruth accuse Robert of being jealous of Andrew?
2. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
3. What is Mr. Mayo's opinion of Andrew of at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Robert think the secret is to what he has been seeking at the beginning of the play?
5. Who describes Robert as a loafer and stupid?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)