|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andrew suggest his father do to get more help on the farm?
(a) Buy new equipment.
(b) Hire a man.
(c) Hire two men.
(d) Work harder.
2. What job does Mrs. Mayo at one time hold?
3. What does Mrs. Mayo say that Ruth acted like at dinner with the Mayo family and Uncle Dick?
(b) Flustered and giggly.
(c) Calm and relaxed.
4. What does Mrs. Mayo say about Ruth and Andrew?
(a) They tell funny jokes.
(b) That Ruth doesn't love him.
(c) They are foolish.
(d) They'd make a nice couple.
5. Who is laughing at Ben?
(b) Farmers and farmhands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound does Mary make in the bedroom while her parents are fighting?
2. How old is Ruth?
3. What does Andrew tell Dick Scott he will do at the end of Act I, Scene II?
4. In what month is the beginning of the play set?
5. What is Mr. Mayo's opinion of Andrew of at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)