|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says "Oh, Ruth, our love is sweeter than any distant dream?"
2. What job does Mrs. Mayo at one time hold?
3. What is Ben's job?
(a) Hired hand.
4. What is Robert doing instead of eating his meal in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Listening to the radio.
(b) Watching TV.
5. Who is joining the Mayo family for dinner at the beginning of the play?
(a) Uncle Matthew.
(b) Ruth and her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew say when he learns that Ruth loves Robert?
2. What does Andrew tell his father about Ruth in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Who does Ruth say she loves at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Ruth tell Robert about her feelings for Andrew?
5. What does Uncle Dick say to Andrew about the way he spoke up to his father in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)