|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Robert doing instead of eating his meal in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Listening to the radio.
(d) Watching TV.
2. What excuse does Ruth use as the reason she has to stay on the farm?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
3. What does Robert gently pull away from Ruth's face when he's talking with her by the fence?
(a) A veil.
(b) A bandana.
(c) One of her hands.
(d) A bandaid.
4. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
(a) Its high-pitched quality.
(b) His British accent.
(c) His gruff sound.
(d) Its low, musical sound.
5. Who says Andrew is a born farmer while talking after dinner?
(b) Mrs. Mayo.
(c) Mr. Mayo.
(d) Dick Scott.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is knitting at the beginning of Act 2?
2. How does Mr. Mayo respond when Andrew says he wants to see the world?
3. What is the setting of Act I, Scene I?
4. When Robert is a child, what does he look at and get to know by heart?
5. What is Robert late for in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)