|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that Robert "tells things so beautifully?"
(a) Uncle Dick.
(c) Mrs. Mayo.
2. What does Andrew say from offstage at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Where are you?
(c) Anyone home?
(d) What's going on?
3. What does Ben say will happen if he doesn't get paid when Robert gets back from town?
(a) He is fine with the money he has.
(b) He can't wait.
(c) He'll come back next week.
(d) There will be trouble.
4. What does Robert do after he lifts Ruth into his arms in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Carries her to the road.
(b) Runs away with her.
(c) Puts her on a bicycle.
(d) Places her in a car.
5. Who says "I've earned my right to quit when I want to?"
(b) Mr. Mayo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Robert give Ruth?
2. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What is the relationship between Mrs. Mayo and Dick Scott?
4. What does Andrew tell his father about Ruth in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What is Robert late for in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)