|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What experience did Robert have as a child that he tells Ruth about in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He was a sickly child.
(b) He and his dad liked to play checkers.
(c) He loved to color.
(d) He and his mother went ice skating.
2. Who has lost her fresh appearance at the beginning of Act 2?
(c) Mrs. Atkins.
3. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
(a) Its low, musical sound.
(b) Its high-pitched quality.
(c) His British accent.
(d) His gruff sound.
4. What nickname does Robert give Ruth?
(a) Ruthie girl.
(b) Sweetie pie.
(c) Little Miss Common Sense.
5. Robert says Ruth is mean and:
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew tell his father about Ruth in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Where is Andrew when Robert tells his family that he loves Ruth?
3. What is his mother's reaction when Robert tells his family about him and Ruth?
4. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
5. Who is knitting at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)