|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that Robert "tells things so beautifully?"
(b) Uncle Dick.
(d) Mrs. Mayo.
2. What nickname does Robert give Ruth?
(a) Sweetie pie.
(b) Ruthie girl.
(c) Little Miss Common Sense.
3. Where is Robert sitting at the beginning of the play?
(a) On a fence.
4. What does Robert gently pull away from Ruth's face when he's talking with her by the fence?
(a) One of her hands.
(b) A bandana.
(c) A bandaid.
(d) A veil.
5. What is the setting of Act I, Scene I?
(a) The side of the road at twilight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
2. What does Robert point to in the sky at the end of the Act 1, Scene1?
3. What does Robert think the secret is to what he has been seeking at the beginning of the play?
4. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
5. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)