|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month is the beginning of the play set?
2. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
(a) Volunteer work.
(b) More time to study biology.
(c) Learn how to cook.
(d) He'll make money.
3. Who says to Robert "I didn't want to spoil this last night you're here?"
(b) Mrs. Atkins.
(c) His mother.
4. What is Robert in search of during the sea voyage?
(b) Long lost cousin.
(c) Wide open spaces.
5. Who says "We'll be late for supper, Rob?"
(c) Ruth's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What nickname does Robert give Ruth?
3. What does Robert say to Ruth about why he has to leave?
4. Who is joining the Mayo family for dinner at the beginning of the play?
5. When Robert is a child, what does he look at and get to know by heart?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)