|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert gently pull away from Ruth's face when he's talking with her by the fence?
(a) A veil.
(b) A bandana.
(c) A bandaid.
(d) One of her hands.
2. What does Ruth tell Robert about her feelings for Andrew?
(a) She doesn't love him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She'll always want to be with him.
(d) She was just pretending.
3. What excuse does Ruth use as the reason she has to stay on the farm?
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
4. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
(a) She nags Ruth.
(b) She likes to be alone.
(c) She is too happy.
(d) She doesn't like to talk.
5. Who is joining the Mayo family for dinner at the beginning of the play?
(b) Uncle Matthew.
(d) Ruth and her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Andrew?
2. What is the setting of Act I, Scene I?
3. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
4. In what month is the beginning of the play set?
5. What experience did Robert have as a child that he tells Ruth about in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)