|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
(a) She nags Ruth.
(b) She is too happy.
(c) She doesn't like to talk.
(d) She likes to be alone.
2. What does Mrs. Atkins use in order to move around?
3. In what month is the beginning of the play set?
4. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
(b) Book reading.
(d) Plowing and farming.
5. What does Ruth tell Robert about her feelings for Andrew?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She'll always want to be with him.
(c) She was just pretending.
(d) She doesn't love him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth say would happen to her if Robert leaves?
2. What is Robert in search of during the sea voyage?
3. Where is Robert sitting at the beginning of the play?
4. Who says "Oh, Ruth, our love is sweeter than any distant dream?"
5. What nickname does Robert give Ruth?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)