|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that Robert "tells things so beautifully?"
(a) Mrs. Mayo.
(b) Uncle Dick.
2. How long will Robert be at sea?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Three years.
(d) One year.
3. What is Robert in search of during the sea voyage?
(b) Long lost cousin.
(d) Wide open spaces.
4. What does Robert say to Ruth about why he has to leave?
(a) He is in love with her.
(b) He wants to get away from her.
(c) The farm is too small a world.
(d) He hates being around his dad.
5. Who is Andrew?
(a) Robert's older brother.
(b) Robert's younger brother.
(c) Robert's cousin.
(d) Robert's twin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert point to in the sky at the end of the Act 1, Scene1?
2. Where is Robert sitting at the beginning of the play?
3. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
4. Who says to Robert "I didn't want to spoil this last night you're here?"
5. Who says "Oh, Ruth, our love is sweeter than any distant dream?"
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)