|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that Robert "tells things so beautifully?"
(b) Uncle Dick.
(d) Mrs. Mayo.
2. What is Robert in search of during the sea voyage?
(a) Wide open spaces.
(d) Long lost cousin.
3. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
(a) His gruff sound.
(b) Its low, musical sound.
(c) His British accent.
(d) Its high-pitched quality.
4. In what month is the beginning of the play set?
5. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Tax Preparation.
(b) Take care of the family farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert gently pull away from Ruth's face when he's talking with her by the fence?
2. Why does Robert bring up Uncle Dick's name when he's talking with Ruth in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who says "We'll be late for supper, Rob?"
4. What nickname does Robert give Ruth?
5. What excuse does Ruth use as the reason she has to stay on the farm?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)