|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert point to in the sky at the end of the Act 1, Scene1?
(c) Meteor shower.
2. How long will Robert be at sea?
(a) One year.
(b) Three years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Six years.
3. How old is Ruth?
(b) Early twenties.
(d) Late thirties.
4. In what month is the beginning of the play set?
5. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
(a) She nags Ruth.
(b) She is too happy.
(c) She likes to be alone.
(d) She doesn't like to talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What experience did Robert have as a child that he tells Ruth about in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
3. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who says "Oh, Ruth, our love is sweeter than any distant dream?"
5. What does Robert gently pull away from Ruth's face when he's talking with her by the fence?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)