|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Ruth use as the reason she has to stay on the farm?
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
2. How old is Ruth?
(a) Late thirties.
(b) Early twenties.
3. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
(a) He'll make money.
(b) Learn how to cook.
(c) More time to study biology.
(d) Volunteer work.
4. When Robert is a child, what does he look at and get to know by heart?
(a) Different sunsets.
(b) Language study guides.
(c) Dog breeds.
5. What does Ruth say would happen to her if Robert leaves?
(a) She would follow him.
(b) Her heart would break.
(c) She would join a church group.
(d) She would forget him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Robert give Ruth?
2. In what month is the beginning of the play set?
3. What does Robert point to in the sky at the end of the Act 1, Scene1?
4. Who says "We'll be late for supper, Rob?"
5. Who says that Robert "tells things so beautifully?"
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)