|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert do after he lifts Ruth into his arms in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Carries her to the road.
(b) Runs away with her.
(c) Puts her on a bicycle.
(d) Places her in a car.
2. What excuse does Ruth use as the reason she has to stay on the farm?
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
3. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
(c) Take care of the family farm.
(d) Tax Preparation.
4. Who is joining the Mayo family for dinner at the beginning of the play?
(b) Ruth and her mother.
(c) Uncle Matthew.
5. What does Mrs. Atkins use in order to move around?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert say to Ruth about why he has to leave?
2. What does Robert gently pull away from Ruth's face when he's talking with her by the fence?
3. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
4. Who says "We'll be late for supper, Rob?"
5. How long will Robert be at sea?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)