|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Robert is a child, what does he look at and get to know by heart?
(a) Language study guides.
(b) Different sunsets.
(c) Dog breeds.
2. Who says to Robert "I didn't want to spoil this last night you're here?"
(c) His mother.
(d) Mrs. Atkins.
3. Who says "We'll be late for supper, Rob?"
(b) Ruth's mother.
4. Who is Andrew?
(a) Robert's twin.
(b) Robert's cousin.
(c) Robert's younger brother.
(d) Robert's older brother.
5. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
(a) Plowing and farming.
(c) Book reading.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert bring up Uncle Dick's name when he's talking with Ruth in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Robert gently pull away from Ruth's face when he's talking with her by the fence?
3. What is the setting of Act I, Scene I?
4. Who says that Robert "tells things so beautifully?"
5. What excuse does Ruth use as the reason she has to stay on the farm?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)