|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says to Robert "I didn't want to spoil this last night you're here?"
(a) Mrs. Atkins.
(b) His mother.
2. Who is Andrew?
(a) Robert's cousin.
(b) Robert's older brother.
(c) Robert's younger brother.
(d) Robert's twin.
3. What experience did Robert have as a child that he tells Ruth about in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He was a sickly child.
(b) He and his mother went ice skating.
(c) He and his dad liked to play checkers.
(d) He loved to color.
4. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Tax Preparation.
(c) Take care of the family farm.
5. What is the setting of Act I, Scene I?
(c) The side of the road at twilight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth tell Robert about her feelings for Andrew?
2. Why does Robert bring up Uncle Dick's name when he's talking with Ruth in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who says that Robert "tells things so beautifully?"
4. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
5. How old is Ruth?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)