|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Andrew?
(a) Robert's older brother.
(b) Robert's cousin.
(c) Robert's twin.
(d) Robert's younger brother.
2. How long will Robert be at sea?
(a) Three years.
(b) Six years.
(c) One year.
(d) Twelve years.
3. What is the setting of Act I, Scene I?
(c) The side of the road at twilight.
4. What is Robert in search of during the sea voyage?
(c) Long lost cousin.
(d) Wide open spaces.
5. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
(a) Its high-pitched quality.
(b) His British accent.
(c) Its low, musical sound.
(d) His gruff sound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert point to in the sky at the end of the Act 1, Scene1?
2. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
3. Where is Robert sitting at the beginning of the play?
4. What nickname does Robert give Ruth?
5. Why does Robert bring up Uncle Dick's name when he's talking with Ruth in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)