|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Robert sitting at the beginning of the play?
(b) On a fence.
2. How long will Robert be at sea?
(a) One year.
(b) Three years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Twelve years.
3. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
(a) Plowing and farming.
(c) Book reading.
4. What experience did Robert have as a child that he tells Ruth about in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He and his mother went ice skating.
(b) He and his dad liked to play checkers.
(c) He loved to color.
(d) He was a sickly child.
5. What does Ruth say would happen to her if Robert leaves?
(a) She would join a church group.
(b) She would forget him.
(c) She would follow him.
(d) Her heart would break.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act I, Scene I?
2. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Mrs. Atkins use in order to move around?
4. What does Robert think the secret is to what he has been seeking at the beginning of the play?
5. What nickname does Robert give Ruth?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)