|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says to Robert "I didn't want to spoil this last night you're here?"
(a) His mother.
(c) Mrs. Atkins.
2. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
(a) Its low, musical sound.
(b) His British accent.
(c) Its high-pitched quality.
(d) His gruff sound.
3. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
(b) Plowing and farming.
(c) Book reading.
4. What does Robert gently pull away from Ruth's face when he's talking with her by the fence?
(a) One of her hands.
(b) A bandaid.
(c) A bandana.
(d) A veil.
5. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Tax Preparation.
(d) Take care of the family farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Ruth use as the reason she has to stay on the farm?
2. What nickname does Robert give Ruth?
3. What does Robert say to Ruth about why he has to leave?
4. Who says "We'll be late for supper, Rob?"
5. What does Ruth tell Robert about her feelings for Andrew?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)