|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Atkins use in order to move around?
2. What does Robert do after he lifts Ruth into his arms in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Puts her on a bicycle.
(b) Places her in a car.
(c) Runs away with her.
(d) Carries her to the road.
3. Who says "We'll be late for supper, Rob?"
(c) Ruth's mother.
4. What nickname does Robert give Ruth?
(a) Sweetie pie.
(b) Ruthie girl.
(c) Little Miss Common Sense.
5. What is Robert in search of during the sea voyage?
(a) Wide open spaces.
(c) Long lost cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert bring up Uncle Dick's name when he's talking with Ruth in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Robert gently pull away from Ruth's face when he's talking with her by the fence?
3. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
4. What does Robert say to Ruth about why he has to leave?
5. Who says to Robert "I didn't want to spoil this last night you're here?"
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)