|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert say to Ruth about why he has to leave?
(a) He wants to get away from her.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) He hates being around his dad.
(d) The farm is too small a world.
2. How long will Robert be at sea?
(a) One year.
(b) Six years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Three years.
3. What does Robert do after he lifts Ruth into his arms in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Puts her on a bicycle.
(b) Places her in a car.
(c) Carries her to the road.
(d) Runs away with her.
4. What does Ruth tell Robert about her feelings for Andrew?
(a) She doesn't love him.
(b) She'll always want to be with him.
(c) She was just pretending.
(d) She loves him.
5. What does Ruth say would happen to her if Robert leaves?
(a) She would follow him.
(b) Her heart would break.
(c) She would join a church group.
(d) She would forget him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
2. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
3. What does Mrs. Atkins use in order to move around?
4. Who says to Robert "I didn't want to spoil this last night you're here?"
5. Where is Robert sitting at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)