|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Andrew?
(a) Robert's younger brother.
(b) Robert's twin.
(c) Robert's cousin.
(d) Robert's older brother.
2. What does Robert gently pull away from Ruth's face when he's talking with her by the fence?
(a) A veil.
(b) A bandana.
(c) A bandaid.
(d) One of her hands.
3. What does Ruth say would happen to her if Robert leaves?
(a) She would forget him.
(b) She would follow him.
(c) Her heart would break.
(d) She would join a church group.
4. Who says that Robert "tells things so beautifully?"
(b) Uncle Dick.
(d) Mrs. Mayo.
5. How long will Robert be at sea?
(a) Six years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Three years.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "Oh, Ruth, our love is sweeter than any distant dream?"
2. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
3. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
4. What does Robert think the secret is to what he has been seeking at the beginning of the play?
5. When Robert is a child, what does he look at and get to know by heart?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)