|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that Robert "tells things so beautifully?"
(c) Uncle Dick.
(d) Mrs. Mayo.
2. What excuse does Ruth use as the reason she has to stay on the farm?
(a) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
3. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
(a) He'll make money.
(b) More time to study biology.
(c) Learn how to cook.
(d) Volunteer work.
4. In what month is the beginning of the play set?
5. Who says to Robert "I didn't want to spoil this last night you're here?"
(a) His mother.
(c) Mrs. Atkins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "Oh, Ruth, our love is sweeter than any distant dream?"
2. What does Ruth tell Robert about her feelings for Andrew?
3. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Why does Robert bring up Uncle Dick's name when he's talking with Ruth in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What nickname does Robert give Ruth?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)