|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert point to in the sky at the end of the Act 1, Scene1?
(b) Meteor shower.
2. What experience did Robert have as a child that he tells Ruth about in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He and his dad liked to play checkers.
(b) He and his mother went ice skating.
(c) He loved to color.
(d) He was a sickly child.
3. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
(a) She doesn't like to talk.
(b) She is too happy.
(c) She likes to be alone.
(d) She nags Ruth.
4. What does Robert do after he lifts Ruth into his arms in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Places her in a car.
(b) Runs away with her.
(c) Carries her to the road.
(d) Puts her on a bicycle.
5. What does Robert say to Ruth about why he has to leave?
(a) He is in love with her.
(b) He hates being around his dad.
(c) The farm is too small a world.
(d) He wants to get away from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert bring up Uncle Dick's name when he's talking with Ruth in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Who is joining the Mayo family for dinner at the beginning of the play?
3. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
4. Who says that Robert "tells things so beautifully?"
5. How long will Robert be at sea?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)