|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Ruth?
(b) Early twenties.
(c) Late thirties.
2. What nickname does Robert give Ruth?
(a) Ruthie girl.
(b) Sweetie pie.
(d) Little Miss Common Sense.
3. What does Ruth tell Robert about her feelings for Andrew?
(a) She'll always want to be with him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She was just pretending.
(d) She doesn't love him.
4. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
(a) Its low, musical sound.
(b) Its high-pitched quality.
(c) His British accent.
(d) His gruff sound.
5. What is the setting of Act I, Scene I?
(a) The side of the road at twilight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is joining the Mayo family for dinner at the beginning of the play?
2. What does Mrs. Atkins use in order to move around?
3. What does Robert do after he lifts Ruth into his arms in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who says that Robert "tells things so beautifully?"
5. What does Ruth say would happen to her if Robert leaves?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)