|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has lost her fresh appearance at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Mrs. Atkins.
2. What does Andrew offer to lend Robert to get the farm back on its feet?
(b) His tools.
(d) Farm equipment.
3. What does Robert gently pull away from Ruth's face when he's talking with her by the fence?
(a) A veil.
(b) A bandaid.
(c) A bandana.
(d) One of her hands.
4. What does Ben say is broken in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The car.
(b) Mowing machine.
(c) The dishwasher.
(d) His hand.
5. Where is Robert sitting at the beginning of the play?
(a) On a fence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Robert's response when Andrew says he's going to accept a job from a friend?
2. What does Mary notice about her mother at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Who is dressed in white and looks pretty and fresh in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Who says he won't come back with "empty hands next time?"
5. Who says "I feel--dead" at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)