|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman from the missionary ask Dick Scott?
(a) His first name.
(b) Where seagulls sleep at night.
(d) What time it is.
2. What does Mr. Mayo tell Dick Scott he needs to find for his voyage?
(a) Hired hand.
3. Who is joining the Mayo family for dinner at the beginning of the play?
(b) Uncle Matthew.
(d) Ruth and her mother.
4. What does Andrew tell his parents about Robert's perspective on the sea voyage?
(a) Robert resents having to go.
(b) Robert is too scared to go.
(c) Robert doesn't want to go on the voyage.
(d) Robert is set on going on the voyage.
5. In what month is the beginning of the play set?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew tell Dick Scott he will do at the end of Act I, Scene II?
2. What does Mr. Mayo threaten to do to Andrew if he finds him still at home in the morning?
3. What does Andrew suggest his father do to get more help on the farm?
4. How does Mr. Mayo respond when Andrew says he wants to see the world?
5. What nickname does Robert give Ruth?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)