Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that Robert "tells things so beautifully?"
(b) Uncle Dick.
(d) Mrs. Mayo.
2. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
(a) Its high-pitched quality.
(b) His gruff sound.
(c) Its low, musical sound.
(d) His British accent.
3. How long will Robert be at sea?
(a) Three years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Six years.
(d) One year.
4. When Robert is a child, what does he look at and get to know by heart?
(a) Language study guides.
(c) Dog breeds.
(d) Different sunsets.
5. What is the setting of Act I, Scene I?
(d) The side of the road at twilight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "Oh, Ruth, our love is sweeter than any distant dream?"
2. What nickname does Robert give Ruth?
3. What does Robert think the secret is to what he has been seeking at the beginning of the play?
4. Why does Robert bring up Uncle Dick's name when he's talking with Ruth in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What does Mrs. Atkins use in order to move around?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)