|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many telegrams did Ruth and Robert receive from Andrew in New York?
2. What is the relationship between Mrs. Mayo and Dick Scott?
(a) Sister and brother.
3. Who calls Ruth a "mad fool" as Robert is sick in bed?
(c) Mrs. Atkins.
(d) The specialist.
4. What sound does Mary make in the bedroom while her parents are fighting?
5. What does Andrew want to talk with Robert about at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The weather.
(b) The dinner menu.
(c) His desire to go to college.
(d) The state of the farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says Andrew is a born farmer while talking after dinner?
2. What does Andrew tell Ruth about his love for her in the past?
3. Who strokes Mary's hair before they walk down from the hilltop to the house for dinner?
4. Who describes Robert as a loafer and stupid?
5. What does Ruth say would happen to her if Robert leaves?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)