|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says he doesn't believe in miracles after Andrew arrives from New York?
(a) Uncle Dick.
(d) Mr. Mayo.
2. How does Robert describe Andrew's letters that he wrote to them while he was on the voyage?
(a) They were sketchy.
(b) They came regularly.
(c) Full of description.
3. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
(a) More time to study biology.
(b) He'll make money.
(c) Volunteer work.
(d) Learn how to cook.
4. What does Ruth tell Robert when she goes up to the hilltop?
(a) The hired hand wants to speak to him.
(b) Uncle Dick wants to speak with him.
(c) He is needed at a town meeting.
(d) He has an important telephone call.
5. What is Andrew's job on the ship?
(a) Head officer.
(c) Deck swabber.
(d) Deck hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease does Robert say he has?
2. What does Mrs. Mayo say in Act 2, Scene1 to defend Robert against Mrs. Atkins' criticisms?
3. What does Mr. Mayo tell Dick Scott he needs to find for his voyage?
4. What does Ruth tell Robert about her feelings for Andrew?
5. Who says that Robert "tells things so beautifully?"
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)