|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert believe the rising sun is a symbol of?
(a) A hot day.
(b) Good fortune.
2. Who says the hills around the farm feel like a prison?
3. How does Ruth speak when she says "I'll go" and walks slowly toward the bedroom?
4. What does Ben say is broken in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) His hand.
(b) The car.
(c) The dishwasher.
(d) Mowing machine.
5. Who is laughing at Ben?
(c) Farmers and farmhands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is dressed in white and looks pretty and fresh in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Robert tell his father about the farm after he says he's not going on the voyage?
3. Who says "I feel--dead" at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
4. When does Robert tell his family that he loves Ruth?
5. Why does Ruth tremble in fright when she steps inside Robert's bedroom?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)