|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of business does Andrew want to get into in Argentina?
(c) Grain business.
(d) Ship building.
2. What is Robert's response when Andrew says he's going to accept a job from a friend?
(a) He is upset.
(b) He is noncommital.
(c) He wants to come.
(d) He refuses to speak to him.
3. What does Andrew tell his parents about Robert's perspective on the sea voyage?
(a) Robert doesn't want to go on the voyage.
(b) Robert is set on going on the voyage.
(c) Robert is too scared to go.
(d) Robert resents having to go.
4. What job is Andrew going to have on the ship bound for Argentina?
(b) Second officer.
5. What is Mr. Mayo's opinion of Andrew of at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He hopes to see him soon.
(b) He doesn't love his mother.
(c) He is the best choice for the job.
(d) He's a liar and mean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has lost her fresh appearance at the beginning of Act 2?
2. What tone of voice does Ruth use when she says "Come on and I'll get your dinner for you" at the end of Act 2?
3. What is Robert doing instead of eating his meal in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Who says "Oh, Ruth, our love is sweeter than any distant dream?"
5. How old is Ruth?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)