|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
(a) She likes to be alone.
(b) She is too happy.
(c) She nags Ruth.
(d) She doesn't like to talk.
2. What does Robert suggest that Andrew avoids telling Ruth when they are talking on the hilltop?
(a) That he hopes she will return to Argentina with him.
(b) That he will always love her.
(c) That he wants her to be his wife.
(d) That he doesn't love her.
3. What does Mr. Mayo threaten to do to Andrew if he finds him still at home in the morning?
(a) Hug him.
(b) Throw him out.
(c) Make a new plan.
(d) Give him breakfast.
4. What does Mrs. Atkins say that Mary inherited from her father?
(b) A weak constitution.
(d) Happy disposition.
5. What color is Dick Scott's mustache?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew say when he learns that Ruth loves Robert?
2. What item does Andrew grab before he leaves the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What job is Andrew going to have on the ship bound for Argentina?
4. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
5. What is the name of Robert and Ruth's child?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)