|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ruth say she loves at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Who says the hills around the farm feel like a prison?
3. What does Robert gently pull away from Ruth's face when he's talking with her by the fence?
(a) A bandana.
(b) One of her hands.
(c) A veil.
(d) A bandaid.
4. Why can't Ruth and Robert send a telegraph to Andrew?
(a) They can't afford it.
(b) They can't think of what to say.
(c) They don't know how to send a telegraph.
(d) They don't know where the telegraph office is.
5. What does Andrew tell his parents about Robert's perspective on the sea voyage?
(a) Robert doesn't want to go on the voyage.
(b) Robert is too scared to go.
(c) Robert resents having to go.
(d) Robert is set on going on the voyage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who describes Robert as a loafer and stupid?
2. Who has lost her fresh appearance at the beginning of Act 2?
3. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
4. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
5. What does Robert think the secret is to what he has been seeking at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)