|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ben say is broken in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The car.
(b) Mowing machine.
(c) The dishwasher.
(d) His hand.
2. How long will Robert be at sea?
(a) One year.
(b) Six years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Three years.
3. What tone of voice does Ruth use when she says "Come on and I'll get your dinner for you" at the end of Act 2?
4. What does Mrs. Mayo say about Ruth and Andrew?
(a) That Ruth doesn't love him.
(b) They'd make a nice couple.
(c) They are foolish.
(d) They tell funny jokes.
5. What is Uncle Dick tending in the port while Andrew is on the hilltop?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
2. How many telegrams did Ruth and Robert receive from Andrew in New York?
3. How does Ruth respond when Robert says that Andrew writes letters like a farmer in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What job is Andrew going to have on the ship bound for Argentina?
5. How does Robert describe Andrew's letters that he wrote to them while he was on the voyage?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)