|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth tell Robert when she goes up to the hilltop?
(a) He is needed at a town meeting.
(b) The hired hand wants to speak to him.
(c) He has an important telephone call.
(d) Uncle Dick wants to speak with him.
2. What does the main room of the farmhouse look like in Act 2?
(a) Newly painted.
(b) All new furniture.
(c) Shabby and untidy.
3. What does Robert tell his father about the farm after he says he's not going on the voyage?
(a) He has a plan for a new crop.
(b) He will take a real interest in it and do his share.
(c) He will never work the farm.
(d) He's a poet and doesn't want to dirty his hands.
4. How old is Ruth?
(b) Early twenties.
(d) Late thirties.
5. What does Andrew check on after dinner when he leaves the sitting room?
(a) The chickens.
(c) The black cow.
(d) His laundry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew want to talk with Robert about at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What does Ruth say she feels like she's having in honor of Andrew's visit?
3. What does Mary notice about her mother at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Who says I wouldn't "know how to feel love, even if I tried" in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What does Andrew say to Robert about the death of his father?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)