|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andrew tell his father about Ruth in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She would make a terrible wife.
(c) She is sick.
(d) He never loved her.
2. What is Dick Scott's title?
3. Who says he doesn't believe in miracles after Andrew arrives from New York?
(c) Mr. Mayo.
(d) Uncle Dick.
4. What kind of business does Andrew want to get into in Argentina?
(a) Ship building.
(b) Grain business.
5. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
(a) His gruff sound.
(b) His British accent.
(c) Its low, musical sound.
(d) Its high-pitched quality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act I, Scene 2?
2. What does Mrs. Atkins use in order to move around?
3. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does Ben say is broken in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who says that Robert "tells things so beautifully?"
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)