|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Mayo threaten to do to Andrew if he finds him still at home in the morning?
(a) Hug him.
(b) Throw him out.
(c) Give him breakfast.
(d) Make a new plan.
2. Who says that Robert "tells things so beautifully?"
(a) Uncle Dick.
(c) Mrs. Mayo.
3. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
(b) Book reading.
(c) Plowing and farming.
4. What does Dick Scott fix up on his ship for Robert?
(a) Dining room.
(b) Reading room.
5. Who says to Robert "I didn't want to spoil this last night you're here?"
(c) Mrs. Atkins.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Robert tell his family that he loves Ruth?
2. What does Robert tell his father about the farm after he says he's not going on the voyage?
3. In what month is the beginning of the play set?
4. What does Uncle Dick say to Andrew about the way he spoke up to his father in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)