|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert think the secret is to what he has been seeking at the beginning of the play?
2. When does Robert tell his family that he loves Ruth?
(a) In the morning.
(b) Before dinner.
(c) After dinner when he returns home.
(d) At dinner.
3. What does Mrs. Mayo say about Ruth and Andrew?
(a) They are foolish.
(b) They tell funny jokes.
(c) They'd make a nice couple.
(d) That Ruth doesn't love him.
4. Who says Andrew is a born farmer while talking after dinner?
(a) Dick Scott.
(b) Mr. Mayo.
(c) Mrs. Mayo.
5. What does Andrew tell his father about Ruth in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She would make a terrible wife.
(b) He never loved her.
(c) She is sick.
(d) She is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act I, Scene 2?
2. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
3. What nickname does Robert give Ruth?
4. What is Dick Scott's title?
5. What does Uncle Dick say to Andrew about the way he spoke up to his father in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)