|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who places himself between Mr. Mayo and Andrew when Mr. Mayo threatens to hit Andrew?
(b) Mrs. Mayo.
(d) Mrs. Atkins.
2. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
(a) Its low, musical sound.
(b) Its high-pitched quality.
(c) His gruff sound.
(d) His British accent.
3. What does the woman from the missionary ask Dick Scott?
(a) What time it is.
(c) His first name.
(d) Where seagulls sleep at night.
4. What does Andrew suggest his father do to get more help on the farm?
(a) Work harder.
(b) Buy new equipment.
(c) Hire two men.
(d) Hire a man.
5. How does Mr. Mayo respond when Andrew says he wants to see the world?
(a) Good luck.
(b) Write back and tell us everything.
(c) Andrew is running away from his own nature.
(d) Have fun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
2. What does Robert tell his father about the farm after he says he's not going on the voyage?
3. Who is joining the Mayo family for dinner at the beginning of the play?
4. What does Andrew say when he learns that Ruth loves Robert?
5. What does Mr. Mayo threaten to do to Andrew if he finds him still at home in the morning?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)