|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert say to Ruth about why he has to leave?
(a) The farm is too small a world.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) He wants to get away from her.
(d) He hates being around his dad.
2. What does Dick Scott fix up on his ship for Robert?
(a) Reading room.
(d) Dining room.
3. What does Ruth say would happen to her if Robert leaves?
(a) She would follow him.
(b) She would forget him.
(c) Her heart would break.
(d) She would join a church group.
4. How does Mr. Mayo describe Robert's farming abilities?
(a) He's can milk the cows.
(b) He was never cut out to be a farmer.
(c) He has good ideas.
(d) He's a great farmer.
5. What is Robert in search of during the sea voyage?
(a) Long lost cousin.
(b) Wide open spaces.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long will Robert be at sea?
2. What does Mr. Mayo tell Dick Scott he needs to find for his voyage?
3. What nickname does Robert give Ruth?
4. What is Dick Scott's title?
5. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)