|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Robert in search of during the sea voyage?
(a) Wide open spaces.
(b) Long lost cousin.
2. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
(a) She likes to be alone.
(b) She is too happy.
(c) She nags Ruth.
(d) She doesn't like to talk.
3. Who says "I feel--dead" at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Mayo.
(b) Uncle Dick.
4. What is the setting of Act I, Scene 2?
(c) Small sitting room of the farmhouse.
5. What does Andrew tell his father about Ruth in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She is sick.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) He never loved her.
(d) She would make a terrible wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
2. Who says "I've earned my right to quit when I want to?"
3. What does Robert do after he lifts Ruth into his arms in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does Mrs. Mayo say about Ruth and Andrew?
5. What does Andrew check on after dinner when he leaves the sitting room?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)