|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says "Oh, Ruth, our love is sweeter than any distant dream?"
2. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Tax Preparation.
(d) Take care of the family farm.
3. Who says "We'll be late for supper, Rob?"
(b) Ruth's mother.
4. Why does Robert bring up Uncle Dick's name when he's talking with Ruth in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He wonders if she's met him.
(b) He says he doesn't like him.
(c) He's worried about disappointing him.
(d) He wants her to interview him.
5. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
(a) Volunteer work.
(b) More time to study biology.
(c) He'll make money.
(d) Learn how to cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth say would happen to her if Robert leaves?
2. What does Robert gently pull away from Ruth's face when he's talking with her by the fence?
3. Who is joining the Mayo family for dinner at the beginning of the play?
4. How long will Robert be at sea?
5. What does Robert point to in the sky at the end of the Act 1, Scene1?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)