|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month is the beginning of the play set?
2. How long will Robert be at sea?
(a) Six years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) One year.
3. Who says Andrew is a born farmer while talking after dinner?
(b) Mrs. Mayo.
(c) Dick Scott.
(d) Mr. Mayo.
4. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
(a) She nags Ruth.
(b) She doesn't like to talk.
(c) She likes to be alone.
(d) She is too happy.
5. What is Mr. Mayo's opinion of Andrew of at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He is the best choice for the job.
(b) He's a liar and mean.
(c) He hopes to see him soon.
(d) He doesn't love his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Mayo respond when Andrew says he wants to see the world?
2. What does Mrs. Atkins use in order to move around?
3. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. When Robert is a child, what does he look at and get to know by heart?
5. What does Ruth say would happen to her if Robert leaves?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)