|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Mayo say about Ruth and Andrew?
(a) They are foolish.
(b) They tell funny jokes.
(c) That Ruth doesn't love him.
(d) They'd make a nice couple.
2. What does Mrs. Mayo say that Ruth acted like at dinner with the Mayo family and Uncle Dick?
(c) Calm and relaxed.
(d) Flustered and giggly.
3. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
(a) Its high-pitched quality.
(b) His British accent.
(c) Its low, musical sound.
(d) His gruff sound.
4. What does the woman from the missionary ask Dick Scott?
(b) Where seagulls sleep at night.
(c) What time it is.
(d) His first name.
5. When does Robert tell his family that he loves Ruth?
(a) After dinner when he returns home.
(b) At dinner.
(c) In the morning.
(d) Before dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What experience did Robert have as a child that he tells Ruth about in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Why does Robert bring up Uncle Dick's name when he's talking with Ruth in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
4. Where does Robert bring Mrs. Atkins after dinner?
5. What does Ruth tell Robert about her feelings for Andrew?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)