|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
(a) His gruff sound.
(b) Its low, musical sound.
(c) His British accent.
(d) Its high-pitched quality.
2. What is the setting of Act I, Scene I?
(c) The side of the road at twilight.
3. Who is Andrew?
(a) Robert's cousin.
(b) Robert's younger brother.
(c) Robert's older brother.
(d) Robert's twin.
4. What is Dick Scott's title?
5. What does Robert think the secret is to what he has been seeking at the beginning of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "I feel--dead" at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
2. What does Ruth tell Robert about her feelings for Andrew?
3. What job does Mrs. Mayo at one time hold?
4. What nickname does Robert give Ruth?
5. What excuse does Ruth use as the reason she has to stay on the farm?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)