|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month is the beginning of the play set?
2. What job does Mrs. Mayo at one time hold?
3. What does Andrew tell his parents about Robert's perspective on the sea voyage?
(a) Robert is too scared to go.
(b) Robert is set on going on the voyage.
(c) Robert resents having to go.
(d) Robert doesn't want to go on the voyage.
4. What is Robert in search of during the sea voyage?
(a) Long lost cousin.
(d) Wide open spaces.
5. What does Robert point to in the sky at the end of the Act 1, Scene1?
(a) Meteor shower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Mayo tell Dick Scott he needs to find for his voyage?
2. What experience did Robert have as a child that he tells Ruth about in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
4. Who places himself between Mr. Mayo and Andrew when Mr. Mayo threatens to hit Andrew?
5. How does Mr. Mayo describe Robert's farming abilities?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)