|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What experience did Robert have as a child that he tells Ruth about in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He was a sickly child.
(b) He and his mother went ice skating.
(c) He loved to color.
(d) He and his dad liked to play checkers.
2. Who says "I feel--dead" at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Mayo.
(c) Uncle Dick.
3. Who says Andrew is a born farmer while talking after dinner?
(a) Mrs. Mayo.
(c) Dick Scott.
(d) Mr. Mayo.
4. What does Mr. Mayo threaten to do to Andrew if he finds him still at home in the morning?
(a) Make a new plan.
(b) Give him breakfast.
(c) Hug him.
(d) Throw him out.
5. What does Robert do after he lifts Ruth into his arms in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Places her in a car.
(b) Carries her to the road.
(c) Runs away with her.
(d) Puts her on a bicycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who places himself between Mr. Mayo and Andrew when Mr. Mayo threatens to hit Andrew?
2. What does Robert tell his father about the farm after he says he's not going on the voyage?
3. Why does Robert bring up Uncle Dick's name when he's talking with Ruth in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What is Robert in search of during the sea voyage?
5. Where is Robert sitting at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)