|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Mayo describe Robert's farming abilities?
(a) He's a great farmer.
(b) He has good ideas.
(c) He's can milk the cows.
(d) He was never cut out to be a farmer.
2. What does Mrs. Atkins use in order to move around?
3. What does Dick Scott fix up on his ship for Robert?
(a) Reading room.
(d) Dining room.
4. Where does Robert bring Mrs. Atkins after dinner?
(c) Furniture store.
5. What is Robert in search of during the sea voyage?
(c) Long lost cousin.
(d) Wide open spaces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew say when he learns that Ruth loves Robert?
2. Who is joining the Mayo family for dinner at the beginning of the play?
3. Who says "I feel--dead" at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
4. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
5. Who places himself between Mr. Mayo and Andrew when Mr. Mayo threatens to hit Andrew?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)