|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Robert give Ruth?
(a) Sweetie pie.
(b) Little Miss Common Sense.
(d) Ruthie girl.
2. In what month is the beginning of the play set?
3. What does Mrs. Mayo say that Ruth acted like at dinner with the Mayo family and Uncle Dick?
(a) Flustered and giggly.
(c) Calm and relaxed.
4. What does Robert point to in the sky at the end of the Act 1, Scene1?
(b) Meteor shower.
5. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
(a) She nags Ruth.
(b) She is too happy.
(c) She likes to be alone.
(d) She doesn't like to talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is joining the Mayo family for dinner at the beginning of the play?
2. Who says "I feel--dead" at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
3. What does Andrew tell his father about Ruth in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Why does Robert bring up Uncle Dick's name when he's talking with Ruth in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Who places himself between Mr. Mayo and Andrew when Mr. Mayo threatens to hit Andrew?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)