|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says "Oh, Ruth, our love is sweeter than any distant dream?"
2. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
(a) Book reading.
(b) Plowing and farming.
3. Who says "I feel--dead" at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
(b) Mr. Mayo.
(c) Uncle Dick.
4. What is Dick Scott's title?
5. What does Robert say to Ruth about why he has to leave?
(a) The farm is too small a world.
(b) He wants to get away from her.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He hates being around his dad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dick Scott fix up on his ship for Robert?
2. What does the woman from the missionary ask Dick Scott?
3. What does Andrew say when he learns that Ruth loves Robert?
4. What does Robert point to in the sky at the end of the Act 1, Scene1?
5. What does Andrew suggest his father do to get more help on the farm?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)