|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Dick Scott's mustache?
2. What does Andrew check on after dinner when he leaves the sitting room?
(a) His laundry.
(b) The black cow.
(c) The chickens.
3. When does Robert tell his family that he loves Ruth?
(a) In the morning.
(b) After dinner when he returns home.
(c) At dinner.
(d) Before dinner.
4. What does Andrew tell his father about Ruth in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She is sick.
(b) He never loved her.
(c) She would make a terrible wife.
(d) She is pregnant.
5. How old is Ruth?
(b) Late thirties.
(d) Early twenties.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Andrew?
2. What does Dick Scott fix up on his ship for Robert?
3. Who is joining the Mayo family for dinner at the beginning of the play?
4. Who says "I feel--dead" at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
5. Who says "Oh, Ruth, our love is sweeter than any distant dream?"
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)