|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says Andrew is a born farmer while talking after dinner?
(b) Mrs. Mayo.
(c) Dick Scott.
(d) Mr. Mayo.
2. What job does Mrs. Mayo at one time hold?
3. Where is Andrew when Robert tells his family that he loves Ruth?
(d) Sitting room.
4. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
(b) Plowing and farming.
(c) Book reading.
5. Who says "Oh, Ruth, our love is sweeter than any distant dream?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert point to in the sky at the end of the Act 1, Scene1?
2. What is the relationship between Mrs. Mayo and Dick Scott?
3. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
4. What does Mrs. Mayo say that Ruth acted like at dinner with the Mayo family and Uncle Dick?
5. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)