|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Mayo describe Robert's farming abilities?
(a) He's can milk the cows.
(b) He's a great farmer.
(c) He was never cut out to be a farmer.
(d) He has good ideas.
2. Who is joining the Mayo family for dinner at the beginning of the play?
(a) Ruth and her mother.
(c) Uncle Matthew.
3. How long will Robert be at sea?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Six years.
4. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Take care of the family farm.
(c) Tax Preparation.
5. What is Dick Scott's title?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act I, Scene I?
2. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
3. What excuse does Ruth use as the reason she has to stay on the farm?
4. Who says "I feel--dead" at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
5. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)