|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert say to Ruth about why he has to leave?
(a) He wants to get away from her.
(b) The farm is too small a world.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He hates being around his dad.
2. What does Mrs. Mayo say that Ruth acted like at dinner with the Mayo family and Uncle Dick?
(a) Flustered and giggly.
(d) Calm and relaxed.
3. What does Mr. Mayo threaten to do to Andrew if he finds him still at home in the morning?
(a) Give him breakfast.
(b) Throw him out.
(c) Make a new plan.
(d) Hug him.
4. What is the setting of Act I, Scene I?
(b) The side of the road at twilight.
5. How does Mr. Mayo describe Robert's farming abilities?
(a) He has good ideas.
(b) He was never cut out to be a farmer.
(c) He's a great farmer.
(d) He's can milk the cows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that Robert "tells things so beautifully?"
2. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. When does Robert tell his family that he loves Ruth?
4. What is Dick Scott's title?
5. What is the setting of Act I, Scene 2?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)