|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andrew tell his parents about Robert's perspective on the sea voyage?
(a) Robert resents having to go.
(b) Robert is set on going on the voyage.
(c) Robert doesn't want to go on the voyage.
(d) Robert is too scared to go.
2. What does Andrew tell Dick Scott he will do at the end of Act I, Scene II?
(a) Find another farm to work on.
(b) Go to college.
(c) Work on another ship.
(d) Take Robert's place on the voyage.
3. What does Andrew tell his father about Ruth in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She would make a terrible wife.
(c) She is sick.
(d) He never loved her.
4. How does Mr. Mayo describe Robert's farming abilities?
(a) He was never cut out to be a farmer.
(b) He's a great farmer.
(c) He has good ideas.
(d) He's can milk the cows.
5. What does Ruth tell Robert about her feelings for Andrew?
(a) She was just pretending.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She doesn't love him.
(d) She'll always want to be with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says Andrew is a born farmer while talking after dinner?
2. What does Mr. Mayo tell Dick Scott he needs to find for his voyage?
3. What nickname does Robert give Ruth?
4. What does Robert do after he lifts Ruth into his arms in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What does the woman from the missionary ask Dick Scott?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)