|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says "We'll be late for supper, Rob?"
(d) Ruth's mother.
2. What is Mr. Mayo's opinion of Andrew of at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He doesn't love his mother.
(b) He's a liar and mean.
(c) He hopes to see him soon.
(d) He is the best choice for the job.
3. What does Andrew tell Dick Scott he will do at the end of Act I, Scene II?
(a) Go to college.
(b) Work on another ship.
(c) Take Robert's place on the voyage.
(d) Find another farm to work on.
4. What does Mr. Mayo tell Dick Scott he needs to find for his voyage?
(a) Hired hand.
5. What is the setting of Act I, Scene 2?
(c) Small sitting room of the farmhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Dick Scott's mustache?
2. What does Andrew tell his parents about Robert's perspective on the sea voyage?
3. What does Robert say to Ruth about why he has to leave?
4. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
5. What does Robert tell his father about the farm after he says he's not going on the voyage?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)