|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who places himself between Mr. Mayo and Andrew when Mr. Mayo threatens to hit Andrew?
(a) Mrs. Mayo.
(c) Mrs. Atkins.
2. Who is joining the Mayo family for dinner at the beginning of the play?
(a) Ruth and her mother.
(d) Uncle Matthew.
3. Why does Robert bring up Uncle Dick's name when he's talking with Ruth in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He wonders if she's met him.
(b) He's worried about disappointing him.
(c) He wants her to interview him.
(d) He says he doesn't like him.
4. What is the setting of Act I, Scene 2?
(d) Small sitting room of the farmhouse.
5. What does Uncle Dick say to Andrew about the way he spoke up to his father in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "You certainly put him in his place."
(b) "You were tough on him."
(c) "I like your spirit."
(d) "You're rude."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says Andrew is a born farmer while talking after dinner?
2. What does Andrew suggest his father do to get more help on the farm?
3. What nickname does Robert give Ruth?
4. What does Dick Scott fix up on his ship for Robert?
5. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)