|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is joining the Mayo family for dinner at the beginning of the play?
(b) Uncle Matthew.
(d) Ruth and her mother.
2. What does the woman from the missionary ask Dick Scott?
(a) What time it is.
(b) His first name.
(d) Where seagulls sleep at night.
3. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
(a) Its high-pitched quality.
(b) Its low, musical sound.
(c) His gruff sound.
(d) His British accent.
4. Who says "I've earned my right to quit when I want to?"
(a) Mr. Mayo.
5. What excuse does Ruth use as the reason she has to stay on the farm?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Who says that Robert "tells things so beautifully?"
3. What job does Mrs. Mayo at one time hold?
4. What is the setting of Act I, Scene 2?
5. What does Andrew tell his father about Ruth in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)