|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
(a) She nags Ruth.
(b) She likes to be alone.
(c) She is too happy.
(d) She doesn't like to talk.
2. What does Mary notice about her mother at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) She is frowning.
(b) She is crying.
(c) She is laughing at a joke.
(d) She is wearing a new hat.
3. What does Ben say is broken in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Mowing machine.
(b) His hand.
(c) The car.
(d) The dishwasher.
4. What does Andrew say from offstage at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) What's going on?
(c) Anyone home?
(d) Where are you?
5. What does Andrew tell his parents about Robert's perspective on the sea voyage?
(a) Robert is set on going on the voyage.
(b) Robert is too scared to go.
(c) Robert doesn't want to go on the voyage.
(d) Robert resents having to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert point to in the sky at the end of the Act 1, Scene1?
2. What does the woman from the missionary ask Dick Scott?
3. Who says he won't come back with "empty hands next time?"
4. What excuse does Ruth use as the reason she has to stay on the farm?
5. What is Ben's job?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)