|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of business does Andrew want to get into in Argentina?
(a) Grain business.
(c) Ship building.
2. What is Robert sitting on while he's on the hilltop with Mary, gazing at the horizon?
3. Who has lost her fresh appearance at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Mrs. Atkins.
4. Why doesn't Andrew leave right away for the ship bound for Argentina?
(a) There's a storm coming.
(b) His car won't start.
(c) He doesn't want to miss out on his mother's cooking.
(d) He's sick.
5. What does Mr. Mayo tell Dick Scott he needs to find for his voyage?
(d) Hired hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Ruth use as the reason she has to stay on the farm?
2. Why does Ruth accuse Robert of being jealous of Andrew?
3. What is Robert's response when Andrew says he's going to accept a job from a friend?
4. Who is joining the Mayo family for dinner at the beginning of the play?
5. What is the name that Robert's daughter calls him?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)