|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Uncle Dick tending in the port while Andrew is on the hilltop?
2. What is one opportunity that Andrew says Robert will have by going on the sea voyage?
(a) He'll make money.
(b) Learn how to cook.
(c) Volunteer work.
(d) More time to study biology.
3. Where is Robert sitting at the beginning of the play?
(d) On a fence.
4. What experience did Robert have as a child that he tells Ruth about in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He was a sickly child.
(b) He loved to color.
(c) He and his mother went ice skating.
(d) He and his dad liked to play checkers.
5. Who says Andrew is a born farmer while talking after dinner?
(b) Mrs. Mayo.
(c) Mr. Mayo.
(d) Dick Scott.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew say from offstage at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does the main room of the farmhouse look like in Act 2?
3. What does Ruth tell Robert when she goes up to the hilltop?
4. Who says "I feel--dead" at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
5. What is the setting of Act I, Scene I?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)