|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Mayo say her husband died of?
(a) Stubbornness and a broken heart.
(c) Old age.
(d) Heart attack.
2. What does Andrew offer to lend Robert to get the farm back on its feet?
(b) Farm equipment.
(d) His tools.
3. Robert says Ruth is mean and:
4. What does Robert do after he lifts Ruth into his arms in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Puts her on a bicycle.
(b) Places her in a car.
(c) Carries her to the road.
(d) Runs away with her.
5. What does Andrew suggest his father do to get more help on the farm?
(a) Buy new equipment.
(b) Work harder.
(c) Hire a man.
(d) Hire two men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the child want to play with at the beginning of Act 2?
2. What does Ruth tell Robert when she goes up to the hilltop?
3. What is the relationship between Mrs. Mayo and Dick Scott?
4. Who places himself between Mr. Mayo and Andrew when Mr. Mayo threatens to hit Andrew?
5. What does Andrew say from offstage at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)