|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather at the beginning of Act 2?
2. Why does Ruth accuse Robert of being jealous of Andrew?
(a) Because he is older.
(b) Becuase he has better hair.
(c) Because Andrew has made a man of himself.
(d) Because he is taller.
3. What does Andrew say when he learns that Ruth loves Robert?
(a) He curses them.
(b) He says nothing.
(c) "I knew it!"
(d) "Good luck to you both."
4. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
(a) She nags Ruth.
(b) She likes to be alone.
(c) She is too happy.
(d) She doesn't like to talk.
5. What does Mr. Mayo threaten to do to Andrew if he finds him still at home in the morning?
(a) Throw him out.
(b) Make a new plan.
(c) Hug him.
(d) Give him breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Robert give Ruth?
2. What does Mrs. Mayo say in Act 2, Scene1 to defend Robert against Mrs. Atkins' criticisms?
3. What does Andrew tell his father about Ruth in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What sound does Mary make in the bedroom while her parents are fighting?
5. When does Robert tell his family that he loves Ruth?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)