|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather at the beginning of Act 2?
2. What does Ruth say she feels like she's having in honor of Andrew's visit?
(c) Birthday celebration.
3. Who says he won't come back with "empty hands next time?"
(a) Captain Scott.
(b) Uncle Dick.
4. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
(a) She nags Ruth.
(b) She is too happy.
(c) She likes to be alone.
(d) She doesn't like to talk.
5. What is the name of Robert and Ruth's child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Andrew say from offstage at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Who has lost her fresh appearance at the beginning of Act 2?
4. What is Robert sitting on while he's on the hilltop with Mary, gazing at the horizon?
5. What does the main room of the farmhouse look like in Act 2?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)