|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Act I, Scene 2?
(b) Small sitting room of the farmhouse.
2. What does Robert gently pull away from Ruth's face when he's talking with her by the fence?
(a) A bandana.
(b) One of her hands.
(c) A bandaid.
(d) A veil.
3. What is Robert's response when Andrew says he's going to accept a job from a friend?
(a) He refuses to speak to him.
(b) He wants to come.
(c) He is noncommital.
(d) He is upset.
4. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
(a) His gruff sound.
(b) Its high-pitched quality.
(c) Its low, musical sound.
(d) His British accent.
5. What kind of work does Andrew say he likes to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Tax Preparation.
(b) Take care of the family farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Robert is a child, what does he look at and get to know by heart?
2. What does Mr. Mayo threaten to do to Andrew if he finds him still at home in the morning?
3. Where does Robert bring Mrs. Atkins after dinner?
4. What does Robert plan to do to keep the family afloat until harvest time?
5. What does Robert say to Ruth about why he has to leave?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)