|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound does Mary make in the bedroom while her parents are fighting?
2. What job is Andrew going to have on the ship bound for Argentina?
(c) Second officer.
3. What does the woman from the missionary ask Dick Scott?
(a) What time it is.
(c) His first name.
(d) Where seagulls sleep at night.
4. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
(a) She likes to be alone.
(b) She doesn't like to talk.
(c) She is too happy.
(d) She nags Ruth.
5. What does Ruth say she feels like she's having in honor of Andrew's visit?
(d) Birthday celebration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the main room of the farmhouse look like in Act 2?
2. What is the relationship between Mrs. Mayo and Dick Scott?
3. What does Andrew say when he learns that Ruth loves Robert?
4. Robert says Ruth is mean and:
5. What tone of voice does Ruth use when she says "Come on and I'll get your dinner for you" at the end of Act 2?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)