|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert say to Ruth about why he has to leave?
(a) He hates being around his dad.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) The farm is too small a world.
(d) He wants to get away from her.
2. What does Dick Scott fix up on his ship for Robert?
(a) Dining room.
(b) Reading room.
3. What is Robert's response when Andrew says he's going to accept a job from a friend?
(a) He is upset.
(b) He refuses to speak to him.
(c) He wants to come.
(d) He is noncommital.
4. What charms Ruth about Robert's voice when he's telling the dreams of his childhood?
(a) His gruff sound.
(b) Its high-pitched quality.
(c) Its low, musical sound.
(d) His British accent.
5. What color is Dick Scott's mustache?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew say is not part of Robert's nature when he is talking with him at the fence?
2. What is the weather at the beginning of Act 2?
3. How old is Ruth?
4. What does Robert plan to do to keep the family afloat until harvest time?
5. What does Uncle Dick say to Andrew about the way he spoke up to his father in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)