|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ruth complain about her mother to Robert at the beginning of the play?
(a) She likes to be alone.
(b) She nags Ruth.
(c) She doesn't like to talk.
(d) She is too happy.
2. What does Andrew tell his parents about Robert's perspective on the sea voyage?
(a) Robert is set on going on the voyage.
(b) Robert doesn't want to go on the voyage.
(c) Robert resents having to go.
(d) Robert is too scared to go.
3. Why does Ruth accuse Robert of being jealous of Andrew?
(a) Becuase he has better hair.
(b) Because he is older.
(c) Because Andrew has made a man of himself.
(d) Because he is taller.
4. What does Ruth tell Robert when she goes up to the hilltop?
(a) He is needed at a town meeting.
(b) He has an important telephone call.
(c) The hired hand wants to speak to him.
(d) Uncle Dick wants to speak with him.
5. What sound does Mary make in the bedroom while her parents are fighting?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Robert and Ruth's child?
2. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What job is Andrew going to have on the ship bound for Argentina?
4. Where is Robert sitting at the beginning of the play?
5. What kind of luck does Robert say he's been having?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)