|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Mayo say her husband died of?
(a) Heart attack.
(c) Old age.
(d) Stubbornness and a broken heart.
2. What is Andrew's job on the ship?
(a) Head officer.
(b) Deck hand.
(c) Deck swabber.
3. What is the "El Paso?"
(b) Store in town.
(c) Mexican resturaunt.
(d) A ship bound for Buenos Aires.
4. How does Ruth respond when Robert says that Andrew writes letters like a farmer in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She agrees with Robert's impression.
(b) Robert should not make fun of Andrew.
(c) She laughs and teases Robert.
(d) She tears up Andrew's letter.
5. What tone of voice does Ruth use when she says "Come on and I'll get your dinner for you" at the end of Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "I've earned my right to quit when I want to?"
2. What does Andrew tell Ruth about his love for her in the past?
3. What does Ben say is broken in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Why doesn't Andrew leave right away for the ship bound for Argentina?
5. What does Andrew say from offstage at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)