|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ben say is broken in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Mowing machine.
(b) His hand.
(c) The car.
(d) The dishwasher.
2. What does Robert suggest that Andrew avoids telling Ruth when they are talking on the hilltop?
(a) That he wants her to be his wife.
(b) That he doesn't love her.
(c) That he hopes she will return to Argentina with him.
(d) That he will always love her.
3. What does Mr. Mayo tell Dick Scott he needs to find for his voyage?
(b) Hired hand.
4. Who has lost her fresh appearance at the beginning of Act 2?
(c) Mrs. Atkins.
5. What is the setting of Act I, Scene I?
(b) The side of the road at twilight.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Mayo respond when Andrew says he wants to see the world?
2. In what month is the beginning of the play set?
3. What is the "El Paso?"
4. What is Robert sitting on while he's on the hilltop with Mary, gazing at the horizon?
5. Who says that Ruth came to her for advice about managing the farm?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)