|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert tell his father about the farm after he says he's not going on the voyage?
(a) He's a poet and doesn't want to dirty his hands.
(b) He will never work the farm.
(c) He has a plan for a new crop.
(d) He will take a real interest in it and do his share.
2. Who says "Oh, Ruth, our love is sweeter than any distant dream?"
3. Who says "We'll be late for supper, Rob?"
(a) Ruth's mother.
4. What does Ruth say would happen to her if Robert leaves?
(a) Her heart would break.
(b) She would forget him.
(c) She would follow him.
(d) She would join a church group.
5. How does Robert describe Andrew's letters that he wrote to them while he was on the voyage?
(a) They were sketchy.
(b) Full of description.
(d) They came regularly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Ruth use as the reason she has to stay on the farm?
2. Why doesn't Andrew leave right away for the ship bound for Argentina?
3. Who says Andrew is a born farmer while talking after dinner?
4. Who says to Robert "I didn't want to spoil this last night you're here?"
5. What does Mr. Mayo tell Dick Scott he needs to find for his voyage?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)