|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Act I, Scene 2?
(c) Small sitting room of the farmhouse.
2. Who tells Andrew that the inside of Robert's lungs are bad?
(b) Mrs. Mayo.
(c) Mrs. Atkins.
3. Who says he doesn't believe in miracles after Andrew arrives from New York?
(a) Mr. Mayo.
(b) Uncle Dick.
4. What does Robert plan to do to keep the family afloat until harvest time?
(a) Sell off an acre of the farm.
(b) Raise prices for their potatoes.
(c) Borrow money from Andrew.
(d) Mortgage the farm.
5. What is the weather at the beginning of Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, scene 1, what does Robert say Andrew has been doing for the last eight years?
2. What is Robert doing instead of eating his meal in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. How does Mr. Mayo respond when Andrew says he wants to see the world?
4. Who is furious with Ruth when Robert is shut up in the bedroom?
5. What does Mr. Mayo tell Dick Scott he needs to find for his voyage?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)