|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Ruth a "mad fool" as Robert is sick in bed?
(b) The specialist.
(d) Mrs. Atkins.
2. What does Mrs. Mayo say about Ruth and Andrew?
(a) They'd make a nice couple.
(b) They tell funny jokes.
(c) That Ruth doesn't love him.
(d) They are foolish.
3. What does Mr. Mayo tell Dick Scott he needs to find for his voyage?
(b) Hired hand.
4. What does Robert tell his father about the farm after he says he's not going on the voyage?
(a) He will never work the farm.
(b) He's a poet and doesn't want to dirty his hands.
(c) He will take a real interest in it and do his share.
(d) He has a plan for a new crop.
5. How does Ruth speak when she says "I'll go" and walks slowly toward the bedroom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ruth accuse Robert of being jealous of Andrew?
2. What does Mr. Mayo threaten to do to Andrew if he finds him still at home in the morning?
3. How does Mr. Mayo describe Robert's farming abilities?
4. What is the medical specialist's name?
5. What does Robert believe the rising sun is a symbol of?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)