|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ruth tremble in fright when she steps inside Robert's bedroom?
(a) He is breaking things in the room.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is unconscious.
(d) He is gone.
2. What does Robert plan to do to keep the family afloat until harvest time?
(a) Raise prices for their potatoes.
(b) Borrow money from Andrew.
(c) Mortgage the farm.
(d) Sell off an acre of the farm.
3. What does Mr. Mayo tell Dick Scott he needs to find for his voyage?
(d) Hired hand.
4. What does the child want to play with at the beginning of Act 2?
(b) Stuffed animal.
5. In Act 3, scene 1, what does Robert say Andrew has been doing for the last eight years?
(a) Running away from himself.
(b) Having fun.
(c) Learning to paint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound does Mary make in the bedroom while her parents are fighting?
2. What does Mrs. Mayo say in Act 2, Scene1 to defend Robert against Mrs. Atkins' criticisms?
3. When does Robert tell his family that he loves Ruth?
4. Where does Andrew suggest they should bring Robert to get cured?
5. What does Andrew try and convince Ruth to do because he thinks she owes Robert?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)