|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Robert says to Ruth that he wants to start over again and move to the city, what profession does he want to take up?
2. Who says that Ruth came to her for advice about managing the farm?
(b) Mrs. Mayo.
(d) Mrs. Atkins.
3. What does Uncle Dick say to Andrew about the way he spoke up to his father in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "I like your spirit."
(b) "You're rude."
(c) "You were tough on him."
(d) "You certainly put him in his place."
4. Who calls Ruth a "mad fool" as Robert is sick in bed?
(a) Mrs. Atkins.
(c) The specialist.
5. What kind of luck does Robert say he's been having?
(a) Bad luck.
(b) Wonderful luck.
(c) He doesn't believe in luck.
(d) Good luck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who describes Robert as a loafer and stupid?
2. What is Ruth reading when Robert comes in and watches her without her knowing in Act 2?
3. Who tells Andrew that the inside of Robert's lungs are bad?
4. Robert says Ruth is mean and:
5. What does Robert believe the rising sun is a symbol of?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)