|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Robert tell his family that he loves Ruth?
(a) After dinner when he returns home.
(b) In the morning.
(c) At dinner.
(d) Before dinner.
2. What does Dick Scott fix up on his ship for Robert?
(a) Reading room.
(b) Dining room.
3. What does Mrs. Atkins say that Mary inherited from her father?
(b) Happy disposition.
(c) A weak constitution.
4. What does Andrew tell his parents about Robert's perspective on the sea voyage?
(a) Robert resents having to go.
(b) Robert doesn't want to go on the voyage.
(c) Robert is too scared to go.
(d) Robert is set on going on the voyage.
5. What does Robert believe the rising sun is a symbol of?
(b) Good fortune.
(c) A hot day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Mrs. Mayo at one time hold?
2. Who is thin and unhealthy looking in Act 3?
3. What does the main room of the farmhouse look like in Act 2?
4. What sound does Mary make in the bedroom while her parents are fighting?
5. What is Mr. Mayo's opinion of Andrew of at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)