|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andrew tell his parents about Robert's perspective on the sea voyage?
(a) Robert doesn't want to go on the voyage.
(b) Robert is too scared to go.
(c) Robert is set on going on the voyage.
(d) Robert resents having to go.
2. What is wrong with the curtains in the sitting room in Act 3?
(a) They are gone.
(b) They are the wrong color.
(c) They are torn and dirty.
(d) They are new and wrinkled.
3. Who has lost her fresh appearance at the beginning of Act 2?
(d) Mrs. Atkins.
4. What does the woman from the missionary ask Dick Scott?
(a) What time it is.
(c) His first name.
(d) Where seagulls sleep at night.
5. What are the last words spoken in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) "So long."
(b) "Be Well."
(d) "Let's hope to God--."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Robert bring Mrs. Atkins after dinner?
2. What does Andrew tell his father about Ruth in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Ben say is broken in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Mrs. Mayo say that Ruth acted like at dinner with the Mayo family and Uncle Dick?
5. How does Ruth respond when Robert says that Andrew writes letters like a farmer in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)