|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Mayo's opinion of Andrew of at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He's a liar and mean.
(b) He is the best choice for the job.
(c) He doesn't love his mother.
(d) He hopes to see him soon.
2. What does the woman from the missionary ask Dick Scott?
(a) Where seagulls sleep at night.
(b) What time it is.
(d) His first name.
3. What does Mrs. Mayo say in Act 2, Scene1 to defend Robert against Mrs. Atkins' criticisms?
(a) He works hard.
(b) He's better than they are.
(c) He has enough money.
(d) He is always on time.
4. Who says "I feel--dead" at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Mayo.
(b) Uncle Dick.
5. What disease does Robert say he has?
(b) High blood pressure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Robert and Ruth's child?
2. What is Ruth reading when Robert comes in and watches her without her knowing in Act 2?
3. What does Andrew tell his father about Ruth in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What is the weather at the beginning of Act 2?
5. What is Andrew's job on the ship?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)