|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is the train to New York City that the specialist travels on?
(a) 9 p.m.
(b) 6 a.m.
(c) 12 p.m.
(d) 2 p.m.
2. What does Mr. Mayo tell Dick Scott he needs to find for his voyage?
(d) Hired hand.
3. What does Uncle Dick say to Andrew about the way he spoke up to his father in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "You certainly put him in his place."
(b) "You were tough on him."
(c) "You're rude."
(d) "I like your spirit."
4. In Act 3, scene 1, what does Robert say Andrew has been doing for the last eight years?
(a) Having fun.
(c) Learning to paint.
(d) Running away from himself.
5. What does Andrew tell Ruth about his finances?
(a) He invested wisely in New York.
(b) He's a millionaire.
(c) He's not a rich man and lost most of his money gambling.
(d) He has a million dollars put aside for the farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Atkins say that Mary inherited from her father?
2. What is the relationship between Mrs. Mayo and Dick Scott?
3. What does Andrew tell his parents about Robert's perspective on the sea voyage?
4. What does the woman from the missionary ask Dick Scott?
5. Who is thin and unhealthy looking in Act 3?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)