|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What noise does Robert and Ruth hear from outside after they've had their terrible fight?
(a) Mrs. Atkins arguing.
(b) Mrs. Mayo singing.
(c) A horse and carriage on the road.
(d) Mary talking to her doll.
2. Who is laughing at Ben?
(d) Farmers and farmhands.
3. What is Mr. Mayo's opinion of Andrew of at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He is the best choice for the job.
(b) He's a liar and mean.
(c) He hopes to see him soon.
(d) He doesn't love his mother.
4. What does Mrs. Atkins say that Mary inherited from her father?
(b) A weak constitution.
(c) Happy disposition.
5. What does Mrs. Mayo say her husband died of?
(b) Stubbornness and a broken heart.
(c) Heart attack.
(d) Old age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather at the beginning of Act 2?
2. What are the last words spoken in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Who is furious with Ruth when Robert is shut up in the bedroom?
4. What does Andrew tell Dick Scott he will do at the end of Act I, Scene II?
5. What is his mother's reaction when Robert tells his family about him and Ruth?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)