Act 1, Scene 1
• Robert sits on a fence by the side of a road stretching into the distance in the early evening on a day in May. He is reading. He looks up towards the horizon, suddenly thoughtful.
• Robert's older brother Andrew who is more rugged and earthy joins him on the fence and teases him for being such a daydreamer.
• Andrew asks to look at the book. Robert hands it to him tells him not to get it dirty.
• Andrew responds by saying it is not dirt, just good clean earth.
• Andrew teases Robert about the poetry and how he took a liking to college.
• He suggests that Robert should have stayed in school. Robert tells him that just because he reads; it doesn't mean he's interested in being a student.
• Robert wants to travel and not take root in one place.
• Andrew says that Robert's sea voyage...
This section contains 3,209 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)