* Robert sits on a fence by the side of a road stretching into the distance in the early evening on a day in May. He is reading. He looks up towards the horizon, suddenly thoughtful.
* Robert's older brother Andrew who is more rugged and earthy joins him on the fence and teases him for being such a daydreamer.
* Andrew asks to look at the book. Robert hands it to him tells him not to get it dirty.
* Andrew responds by saying it is not dirt, just good clean earth.
* Andrew teases Robert about the poetry and how he took a liking to college.
* He suggests that Robert should have stayed in school. Robert tells him that just because he reads; it doesn't mean he's interested in being a student.
* Robert wants to travel and not take root in one place.
* Andrew says that Robert's sea voyage...
This section contains 2,954 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)