Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country has the least amount of strength of will?
2. Nietzsche points to the various German factions, including the Christian romantic movement and others including which of the following?
3. What is the name of the theory that says men should overcome laughter?
4. In return, what would that person crave?
5. Nietzsche condemns the woman who seeks to enlighten men and to become what?
Essay Topic 1
Historically speaking, the modern European has brought about a mad semi-barbarism through the mixture of class and race. Nietzsche laments the combining of races as it dilutes the individuality and unique culture of European countries. What is your opinion on the subject? How has this issue progressed since Nietzsche's time? The author also states that while the combination creates chaos, it also contributes to developing a modern soul. How is the modern soul different?
Essay Topic 2
Nietzsche considers Kant to be one of the most influential philosophers of his time. Write a 750 word biography on Kant, his philosophies, impact on the field, and influence on Nietzsche.
Essay Topic 3
Some say there are two types of genius: one who strives to accomplish, achieve, and possess; the other is content with giving birth. Does this philosophy apply to modern culture? If so, does it apply more or less than it did in Nietzsche's day? Explain. Give examples of each type of genius. What about each makes the person a "genius?" What are the criteria for one to be considered a genius? Explain.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)