Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country has the least amount of strength of will?
2. Nietzsche points to the various German factions, including the Christian romantic movement and others including which of the following?
3. What is the name of the theory that says men should overcome laughter?
4. In return, what would that person crave?
5. Nietzsche condemns the woman who seeks to enlighten men and to become what?
Essay Topic 1
Allowing oneself to be depreciated, lied to and robbed could be considered as the modesty of God among men. Why do many religious figures believe that one must suffer in order to be close to God, to be holy? Do you believe that this has any credence? Explain. Is this belief why so many people worship martyrs or why martyrs are often made into saints? Is it possible to be holy, to be close to God without a great deal of suffering? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Madness is rare in the individual, but thrives in groups and nations. What kind of madness is more likely to take place in groups than in an individual? Is mass hysteria a kind of madness? What kind of actions might be taken by a group that suffers from madness? How do those actions compare to the actions of a mad individual? How does religious madness play into Nietzsche's theory?
Essay Topic 3
Nietzsche considers Kant to be one of the most influential philosophers of his time. Write a 750 word biography on Kant, his philosophies, impact on the field, and influence on Nietzsche.
This section contains 1,664 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)