Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country has the least amount of strength of will?
2. Nietzsche points to the various German factions, including the Christian romantic movement and others including which of the following?
3. What is the name of the theory that says men should overcome laughter?
4. In return, what would that person crave?
5. Nietzsche condemns the woman who seeks to enlighten men and to become what?
Essay Topic 1
Nietzsche believes that man takes himself too seriously, and in doing so, may compromise his own ability to seek the truth. Why does Nietzsche believe this theory? How can one be overly serious? Do you know anyone who is that way? What is the purpose in being so serious? What times would it be negative to be serious instead of lighthearted? Do you consider yourself to be overly serious? In what ways would these actions compromise one's ability to seek the truth? Is truth always a serious matter?
Essay Topic 2
Nietzsche considers Kant to be one of the most influential philosophers of his time. Write a 750 word biography on Kant, his philosophies, impact on the field, and influence on Nietzsche.
Essay Topic 3
In general, people must realize that the desires they have are no so much the object of the desire but the desire itself. When one achieves this desire, oftentimes it is the end of the quest. Do you agree with this philosophy? Do you believe that the desire is not for the other person or thing but for the desire itself? Is it only the journey or the hunt that matters? What might one do when the thrill of the chase is over? Cite an example and explain the validity of the statement.
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)