|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author states that while all philosophers love their truths, the new generation will not be seen as a group of:
2. A barbaric type of faith requires a sacrifice and suicide of:
3. Which of the following is not tied to religious neurosis:
4. According to Nietzsche, it is important that man take time to embrace _____.
5. Nietzsche believes that this created state is born out of:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main thought on the pursuit of one's desires?
2. What is the the "faculty of the suprasensible?" Who coined the term?
3. Is there a difference between the moral and intellectual set of philosophies?
4. What are the differences in philosophies in various regions and nations? How can it be difficult to relate to others?
5. What is the author's opinion on how man views himself?
6. How is the French Revolution referenced? How does it tie in to philosophy?
7. A false judgment may not be something that a person's mind objects to outright. What is the theory on false judgments in one's life?
8. What is Nietzsche's view on materialistic atomism? How is it viewed by the learned world?
9. Nietzsche gives an overview of several cultures and religions. What are his views?
10. Nietzsche talks about the communicative habits of "free spirits." Explain.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Madness is rare in the individual, but thrives in groups and nations. What kind of madness is more likely to take place in groups than in an individual? Is mass hysteria a kind of madness? What kind of actions might be taken by a group that suffers from madness? How do those actions compare to the actions of a mad individual? How does religious madness play into Nietzsche's theory?
Essay Topic 2
One may not like the man to whom he is not equal. Why is that? What about another person who is not your equal cause dislike? Is this dislike more intense if the person is above you? Or is the dislike worse if the person is inferior to you? Explain. Write an essay about how this theory may apply in your life.
Essay Topic 3
Nietzsche considers Kant to be one of the most influential philosophers of his time. Write a 750 word biography on Kant, his philosophies, impact on the field, and influence on Nietzsche.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)