|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many people believe in the existence of which of the following:
2. One of the topics addressed in this section is Nietzsche's opinion on conscious versus:
3. A person's responsibility extends into many areas except for which one?
4. Nietzsche has no regard for one segment of the population. What is it?
5. In many cases philosophers may prefer a handful of certainties to which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is soul atomism? Who teaches the theory?
2. What is the main thought on the pursuit of one's desires?
3. What is Nietzsche's opinion on the existence of opposites?
4. What is the author's opinion on reality versus self-denial?
5. Why does the author claim that philosophers are not honest enough?
6. What is the the "faculty of the suprasensible?" Who coined the term?
7. What are the differences in philosophies in various regions and nations? How can it be difficult to relate to others?
8. Nietzsche breaches an age old question about God and the devil. What is it?
9. There is a great deal of talk about morality. What is Nietzsche's opinion on morality?
10. How does Nietzsche refer to Logicians?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Allowing oneself to be depreciated, lied to and robbed could be considered as the modesty of God among men. Why do many religious figures believe that one must suffer in order to be close to God, to be holy? Do you believe that this has any credence? Explain. Is this belief why so many people worship martyrs or why martyrs are often made into saints? Is it possible to be holy, to be close to God without a great deal of suffering? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Historically speaking, the modern European has brought about a mad semi-barbarism through the mixture of class and race. Nietzsche laments the combining of races as it dilutes the individuality and unique culture of European countries. What is your opinion on the subject? How has this issue progressed since Nietzsche's time? The author also states that while the combination creates chaos, it also contributes to developing a modern soul. How is the modern soul different?
Essay Topic 3
Some say there are two types of genius: one who strives to accomplish, achieve, and possess; the other is content with giving birth. Does this philosophy apply to modern culture? If so, does it apply more or less than it did in Nietzsche's day? Explain. Give examples of each type of genius. What about each makes the person a "genius?" What are the criteria for one to be considered a genius? Explain.
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)