|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the topics addressed in this section is Nietzsche's opinion on conscious versus:
2. Of the many types of passion held for God, who holds the most sincere faith?
3. Nietzsche states that philosophy is much like a confession from its author. Instead of acting as a drive for knowledge, it can be considered as a/an:
4. Nietzsche believes that man tends to view himself in what kind of light?
5. Which item is reserved only for a few because it is the privilege of the strong and unattainable for the weak?
Short Essay Questions
1. A false judgment may not be something that a person's mind objects to outright. What is the theory on false judgments in one's life?
2. Why does the author refer to man as being a contradictory creature?
3. What is the the "faculty of the suprasensible?" Who coined the term?
4. Is there a difference between the moral and intellectual set of philosophies?
5. How does the modern day concept of faith relate to Christianity?
6. What are the differences in philosophies in various regions and nations? How can it be difficult to relate to others?
7. What is the difference between the average man's search for truth versus the search of the philosopher?
8. What is the one thing that every human being craves?
9. What is Nietzsche's opinion on the evolution of philosophical concepts?
10. Why does Nietzsche believe that there are attempts being made to divert attention from Kant's influence on German philosophy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nietzsche was known to have a turbulent and somewhat distasteful personal life. Read a biography of Nietzsche to learn more about his life outside the philosophical works. Write a 750 word bio on the author.
Essay Topic 2
Women are easily misled by their own beliefs and will not hear otherwise. Is this thought the reason that Nietzsche feels a woman would not make a good philosopher? Research female philosophers from the past century. Choose at least three and compare their philosophies with those belonging to Nietzsche's work.
Essay Topic 3
Allowing oneself to be depreciated, lied to and robbed could be considered as the modesty of God among men. Why do many religious figures believe that one must suffer in order to be close to God, to be holy? Do you believe that this has any credence? Explain. Is this belief why so many people worship martyrs or why martyrs are often made into saints? Is it possible to be holy, to be close to God without a great deal of suffering? Explain.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)