|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nietzsche states that one must determine the value of:
2. Nietzsche has no regard for one segment of the population. What is it?
3. The author believes that the philosopher strives to rise above what common thing?
4. Above all else, morality is meant to justify what?
5. The philosopher questions what might be achieved through the use or absence of which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the modern day concept of faith relate to Christianity?
2. What is Nietzsche's opinion on the evolution of philosophical concepts?
3. What does the author reveal as being a part of one's personal confession?
4. Nietzsche breaches an age old question about God and the devil. What is it?
5. Why does Nietzsche believe that there are attempts being made to divert attention from Kant's influence on German philosophy?
6. Why are people often desperate to hide their deepest thoughts and emotions?
7. What is the difference between the average man's search for truth versus the search of the philosopher?
8. A false judgment may not be something that a person's mind objects to outright. What is the theory on false judgments in one's life?
9. What is the author's opinion on the language barrier?
10. Explain the concept behind Nietzsche's BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The devil is the best friend to wisdom as it avoids God. What does Nietzsche mean by that statement? Why are wisdom and God often separate according to philosophers? If Nietzsche does not believe in a living God then how does the statement apply? How does the devil fit into Nietzsche's philosophies in general? Create a depiction of what your concept of God and the devil are or as they are typically seen in modern culture.
Essay Topic 2
Historically speaking, the modern European has brought about a mad semi-barbarism through the mixture of class and race. Nietzsche laments the combining of races as it dilutes the individuality and unique culture of European countries. What is your opinion on the subject? How has this issue progressed since Nietzsche's time? The author also states that while the combination creates chaos, it also contributes to developing a modern soul. How is the modern soul different?
Essay Topic 3
Nietzsche was known to have a turbulent and somewhat distasteful personal life. Read a biography of Nietzsche to learn more about his life outside the philosophical works. Write a 750 word bio on the author.
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)