|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not tied to religious neurosis:
2. This person, also according to the author, possessed a great deal of which of the following:
3. Despite public opinion, Nietzsche has no objections about one of the following.
4. The psychologist seeks to dive into what important entity?
5. A drive for knowledge can be seen as a mere _________ to get where one is going.
Short Essay Questions
1. There is a great deal of talk about morality. What is Nietzsche's opinion on morality?
2. What is Nietzsche's opinion on the existence of opposites?
3. What does the author reveal as being a part of one's personal confession?
4. Nietzsche breaches an age old question about God and the devil. What is it?
5. A false judgment may not be something that a person's mind objects to outright. What is the theory on false judgments in one's life?
6. What is the difference between the average man's search for truth versus the search of the philosopher?
7. The author categorizes people into groups. How many are there and how do they relate?
8. What is the author's opinion on the language barrier?
9. Why should physiologists think twice before discounting self-preservation?
10. What is Nietzsche's opinion on the evolution of philosophical concepts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Women are easily misled by their own beliefs and will not hear otherwise. Is this thought the reason that Nietzsche feels a woman would not make a good philosopher? Research female philosophers from the past century. Choose at least three and compare their philosophies with those belonging to Nietzsche's work.
Essay Topic 2
Allowing oneself to be depreciated, lied to and robbed could be considered as the modesty of God among men. Why do many religious figures believe that one must suffer in order to be close to God, to be holy? Do you believe that this has any credence? Explain. Is this belief why so many people worship martyrs or why martyrs are often made into saints? Is it possible to be holy, to be close to God without a great deal of suffering? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Nietzsche to Socrates and Plato. How were there views different? Were any the same? Explain. How might Socrates' views have changed if he had lived in Nietzsche's time?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)