|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nietzsche fears if a philosopher does this, he will likely lose:
(a) Sound judgment.
2. What piece written by that composer is Nietzsche's favorite?
(a) The Magic Flute.
(b) Overture to the Meistersinger.
(c) Don Giovanni.
(d) Ode to Joy.
3. The German spirit was created despite the ______ of music and philosophy.
4. This part of society can be directly attributed to what element?
5. Who is Nietzsche waiting for in the poem?
Short Answer Questions
1. Every man has been enhanced through what type of society?
2. Many philosophers stop their careers, at least temporarily, in order to purse what kind of education?
3. Man's morality is different and therefore is likely to shine in what way?
4. What is the name of the book's translator?
5. Another example of tyranny can be seen through personal experiences under what umbrella?
Short Essay Questions
1. The book's translator shares a story about the first known copy of "Aftersong." Where was it? How was it different than the later versions?
2. How do spiritualism and cruelty combine in the modern man?
3. Despite all other things, there are some virtues retained by man that cannot be disputed. What are they?
4. Why is suffering seen as a noble thing in religion? What does the martyr receive in return?
5. How do the modern day thoughts on morality relate to the modern day views on science of morals?
6. What are the dangers in the potential development of a budding philosopher?
7. How do the virtues of the modern man compare to those of old?
8. Once again, Nietzsche makes reference to a language barrier. What is the author's opinion?
9. How does skepticism affect modern day Europe? What does the author think of skepticism in Germany?
10. Why must a psychologist take care when investigating various people?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)