|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nietzsche fears if a philosopher does this, he will likely lose:
(d) Sound judgment.
2. Senses and ______ are two ways in which a philosopher experiences many things.
3. It is considered to be a great feat if one is able to master his own what?
4. One's virtues most likely are not the same as whose?
5. What does Nietzsche believe has been responsible for the education of the spirit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book's translator?
2. What type of person does the author refer to as being moralistic?
3. What body of water is mentioned in the poem?
4. If a woman attempts to prove something for the sake of womankind, the author states that she has corrupted what?
5. Regardless of a man's nature, it is impossible to erase from his soul the influence of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must a psychologist take care when investigating various people?
2. What would a man's life be like if he does not possess the will to truth?
3. What is the author's opinion on morality as it relates to nature?
4. What is the danger in allowing oneself to indulge in "Fatherlandishness?"
5. How do the modern day thoughts on morality relate to the modern day views on science of morals?
6. Nietzsche is very vocal about his opinions of the church. What good does the author see in the organization?
7. What are the dangers in the potential development of a budding philosopher?
8. Why is suffering seen as a noble thing in religion? What does the martyr receive in return?
9. Despite all other things, there are some virtues retained by man that cannot be disputed. What are they?
10. What is the mood in the beginning of the poem? What is the author doing?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)