|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Virtues most likely relate directly to what type of inclinations?
2. One who has suffered profoundly tends to maintain what characteristic?
3. What is a most difficult thing to be understood by a man that is noble?
4. Nietzsche says that when he is left alone, he is not entirely:
5. In Nietzsche's eyes, ______ does not always equal superiority.
Short Answer Questions
1. Defining a philosopher is a difficult task. To do so, one must be able to show that he has:
2. The differences between moral and immoral are determined by what?
3. What is the name of the theory that says men should overcome laughter?
4. The author laments that the theories of his time have come to reach what point in their lives?
5. Some cultures attempt to mediate between which two groups?
Short Essay Questions
1. Nietzsche is very vocal about his opinions of the church. What good does the author see in the organization?
2. The book's translator shares a story about the first known copy of "Aftersong." Where was it? How was it different than the later versions?
3. Why must a psychologist take care when investigating various people?
4. How does Nietzsche view faith versus knowledge? To what philosopher does Nietzsche refer?
5. How does Nietzsche explain the master morality and the slave morality?
6. Despite all other things, there are some virtues retained by man that cannot be disputed. What are they?
7. Once again, Nietzsche makes reference to a language barrier. What is the author's opinion?
8. How does a philosopher marry new and old ideas and relate them to the now?
9. How do spiritualism and cruelty combine in the modern man?
10. What is Nietzsche's lament regarding the German soul?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)