|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Industrious cultures find it difficult to partake in what pastime?
2. Nietzsche fears if a philosopher does this, he will likely lose:
(d) Sound judgment.
3. The author laments that the theories of his time have come to reach what point in their lives?
4. What in man is developed late and most likely is never fully developed at all?
5. If a woman attempts to prove something for the sake of womankind, the author states that she has corrupted what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country has the least amount of strength of will?
2. Virtues most likely relate directly to what type of inclinations?
3. The man who practices moral revenge is most likely limited in what area?
4. What word does Nietzsche use to refer to his theories?
5. A person may eventually grow tired of what part of his opinion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Nietzsche's lament regarding the German soul?
2. How does a philosopher marry new and old ideas and relate them to the now?
3. How does Nietzsche explain the master morality and the slave morality?
4. What are Nietzsche's views on experience and how certain types of experience cause one to seek answers?
5. Nietzsche asks if there is a name for those who are no longer friends. What has changed about the friendships?
6. How does a person see vanity? Who places the value on man?
7. What is the author's opinion on morality as it relates to nature?
8. The author comments upon tempo and how it can be improperly translated. What is the danger in it?
9. How do the virtues of the modern man compare to those of old?
10. Once again, Nietzsche makes reference to a language barrier. What is the author's opinion?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)