|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nietzsche believe has been responsible for the education of the spirit?
2. Which of the ancient philosophical and theological issues is addressed by Nietzsche?
(a) Good versus evil.
(c) True opposites.
(d) Faith versus knowledge.
3. Every man has been enhanced through what type of society?
4. Nietzsche frequently blames misunderstandings upon the difference in the _____ of the language.
5. The author believes that the democratization of Europe is an involuntary arrangement for the cultivation of _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of year is it in the poem?
2. Senses and ______ are two ways in which a philosopher experiences many things.
3. Nietzsche refers to the "new European" as being what?
4. What is the one thing that will allow man to gain strength?
5. Who puts himself into a dangerous situation when studying both ordinary and extraordinary people?
Short Essay Questions
1. The author comments upon tempo and how it can be improperly translated. What is the danger in it?
2. What would a man's life be like if he does not possess the will to truth?
3. How does Nietzsche view faith versus knowledge? To what philosopher does Nietzsche refer?
4. What is the paradox in loving one's enemies as it is suggested in various religions?
5. Why must a psychologist take care when investigating various people?
6. What is the author's opinion on morality as it relates to nature?
7. Why is leisure an issue for some cultures? How has leisure been forced upon society?
8. Why is suffering seen as a noble thing in religion? What does the martyr receive in return?
9. What is the mood in the beginning of the poem? What is the author doing?
10. Once again, Nietzsche makes reference to a language barrier. What is the author's opinion?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)