|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is most likely that even in a modern age, one may still possess which of the following:
2. It is considered to be a great feat if one is able to master his own what?
3. One who has suffered profoundly tends to maintain what characteristic?
4. This part of society can be directly attributed to what element?
5. Another example of tyranny can be seen through personal experiences under what umbrella?
Short Answer Questions
1. A person may eventually grow tired of what part of his opinion?
2. Nietzsche believes that an entity was created simply to encourage man to return to the workday. What is that entity?
3. In the past men have often treated women like what kind of rare creature?
4. Which of the ancient philosophical and theological issues is addressed by Nietzsche?
5. According to the author, the German soul was once considered to be:
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the virtues of the modern man compare to those of old?
2. The author comments upon tempo and how it can be improperly translated. What is the danger in it?
3. Why must a psychologist take care when investigating various people?
4. What is the danger in allowing oneself to indulge in "Fatherlandishness?"
5. Why is leisure an issue for some cultures? How has leisure been forced upon society?
6. What would a man's life be like if he does not possess the will to truth?
7. How does a person see vanity? Who places the value on man?
8. What is the mood in the beginning of the poem? What is the author doing?
9. Despite all other things, there are some virtues retained by man that cannot be disputed. What are they?
10. How do spiritualism and cruelty combine in the modern man?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)