|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Nietzsche's mind, whose music heralded the end of centuries-old European taste?
2. In return, what would that person crave?
(d) Abstract thought.
3. Some say there are two types of genius: one who strives to accomplish, achieve, and possess; the other is content with what?
(b) Giving birth.
4. Nietzsche fears that a psychologist may easily get caught up in investigating the lives of people to the degree that he may:
(a) Fly away.
5. Who was the first person to receive a copy of "Aftersong?"
(a) Van Helsing.
(b) Van Holstein.
(c) Von Stein.
(d) Von Trapp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Virtues most likely relate directly to what type of inclinations?
2. Every man has been enhanced through what type of society?
3. What is a part of all types of society, despite their advancement or lack thereof?
4. It is considered to be a great feat if one is able to master his own what?
5. Socrates was known to mock which group of people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the author's opinion on morality as it relates to nature?
2. Nietzsche is very vocal about his opinions of the church. What good does the author see in the organization?
3. What are Nietzsche's views on experience and how certain types of experience cause one to seek answers?
4. How does skepticism affect modern day Europe? What does the author think of skepticism in Germany?
5. Why is suffering seen as a noble thing in religion? What does the martyr receive in return?
6. Once again, Nietzsche makes reference to a language barrier. What is the author's opinion?
7. The book's translator shares a story about the first known copy of "Aftersong." Where was it? How was it different than the later versions?
8. What is the danger in the evolution of the democratic movement in Europe?
9. Why must a psychologist take care when investigating various people?
10. What would a man's life be like if he does not possess the will to truth?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)