|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nietzsche says that when he is left alone, he is not entirely:
2. Industrious cultures find it difficult to partake in what pastime?
3. In what location does the majority of the poem take place?
4. The new age throughout Europe has spawned a new strain of which school of thought?
(c) Religious freedom.
(d) Pure faith.
5. What tends to lead people to search for answers to the highest questions?
Short Answer Questions
1. Many philosophers stop their careers, at least temporarily, in order to purse what kind of education?
2. One must learn to despise his enemies if he is going to be able to express what?
3. How does Nietzsche refer to the time between dusk and dawn?
4. Man's morality is different and therefore is likely to shine in what way?
5. What is the one thing that will allow man to gain strength?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must a psychologist take care when investigating various people?
2. What happens once the friends arrive in the summer garden? How do they greet the author?
3. What is the danger in the evolution of the democratic movement in Europe?
4. How does instinct change depending upon one's heritage and rank?
5. What is the paradox in loving one's enemies as it is suggested in various religions?
6. How does Nietzsche view faith versus knowledge? To what philosopher does Nietzsche refer?
7. Despite all other things, there are some virtues retained by man that cannot be disputed. What are they?
8. Nietzsche is very vocal about his opinions of the church. What good does the author see in the organization?
9. What is Nietzsche's lament regarding the German soul?
10. Once again, Nietzsche makes reference to a language barrier. What is the author's opinion?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)