|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The German spirit was created despite the ______ of music and philosophy.
2. Which emotion does Nietzsche refer to as being pathetic?
3. Which composer does Nietzsche refer to as being the interlude of the mellow old soul?
4. The man who practices moral revenge is most likely limited in what area?
5. What does Nietzsche believe has been responsible for the education of the spirit?
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ are becoming more similar to one another as they become more detached from the origins of race and class.
2. How does the author view the modern day approach to the science of morals?
3. What is another way to describe how Nietzsche uses the term "Fatherlandishness?"
4. The author believes that the democratization of Europe is an involuntary arrangement for the cultivation of _________.
5. What time of year is it in the poem?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the author's opinion on morality as it relates to nature?
2. How does Nietzsche explain the master morality and the slave morality?
3. Once again, Nietzsche makes reference to a language barrier. What is the author's opinion?
4. The author comments upon tempo and how it can be improperly translated. What is the danger in it?
5. How do the virtues of the modern man compare to those of old?
6. What would a man's life be like if he does not possess the will to truth?
7. How does a person see vanity? Who places the value on man?
8. What is the danger in the evolution of the democratic movement in Europe?
9. Why is leisure an issue for some cultures? How has leisure been forced upon society?
10. How does instinct change depending upon one's heritage and rank?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)