|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which emotion does Nietzsche refer to as being pathetic?
2. What time of year is it in the poem?
3. Nietzsche fears if a philosopher does this, he will likely lose:
(c) Sound judgment.
4. Nietzsche believes that an entity was created simply to encourage man to return to the workday. What is that entity?
5. How does Nietzsche refer to the time between dusk and dawn?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author view the modern day approach to the science of morals?
2. The author compares the moral sentiments of what region to the rest of the world?
3. Regardless of a man's nature, it is impossible to erase from his soul the influence of what?
4. Some cultures attempt to mediate between which two groups?
5. It is most likely that even in a modern age, one may still possess which of the following:
Short Essay Questions
1. How does a person see vanity? Who places the value on man?
2. How do spiritualism and cruelty combine in the modern man?
3. Why is leisure an issue for some cultures? How has leisure been forced upon society?
4. What happens once the friends arrive in the summer garden? How do they greet the author?
5. What is the mood in the beginning of the poem? What is the author doing?
6. What are the dangers in the potential development of a budding philosopher?
7. Once again, Nietzsche makes reference to a language barrier. What is the author's opinion?
8. How do the modern day thoughts on morality relate to the modern day views on science of morals?
9. Nietzsche asks if there is a name for those who are no longer friends. What has changed about the friendships?
10. How does a philosopher marry new and old ideas and relate them to the now?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)