|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another way to describe how Nietzsche uses the term "Fatherlandishness?"
(c) Blind faith.
2. Every man has been enhanced through what type of society?
3. The man who practices moral revenge is most likely limited in what area?
4. Who was Socrates' famous student mentioned in this chapter?
5. Man's morality is different and therefore is likely to shine in what way?
(a) In different colors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nietzsche waiting for in the poem?
2. Industrious cultures find it difficult to partake in what pastime?
3. The author laments that the theories of his time have come to reach what point in their lives?
4. Nietzsche refers to the "new European" as being what?
5. It is common for friendships to change if those friendships have been made when?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is leisure an issue for some cultures? How has leisure been forced upon society?
2. Nietzsche is very vocal about his opinions of the church. What good does the author see in the organization?
3. What is the mood in the beginning of the poem? What is the author doing?
4. How does Nietzsche explain the master morality and the slave morality?
5. What is the danger in allowing oneself to indulge in "Fatherlandishness?"
6. Once again, Nietzsche makes reference to a language barrier. What is the author's opinion?
7. Why is suffering seen as a noble thing in religion? What does the martyr receive in return?
8. What happens once the friends arrive in the summer garden? How do they greet the author?
9. Nietzsche asks if there is a name for those who are no longer friends. What has changed about the friendships?
10. How do the virtues of the modern man compare to those of old?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)