Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Schelling referred to intellectual intuition as being a "faculty of the _________."
(c) Active mind.
2. There is no need to do be the sole protector of mankind and the earth; instead, take time to seek _________.
3. Nietzsche considers psychologists to have a large amount of which trait?
4. What country is the philosopher's homeland?
5. Nietzsche states that philosophy concepts are not something that will autonomously _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. This person, also according to the author, possessed a great deal of which of the following:
2. What is the one thing that will never cease being awkward long enough for people to understand that there are no opposites, only subtleties of gradation?
3. Nietzsche refers to what type of scientists in this section?
4. Many of these scientists, according to Nietzsche, mistakenly believe that value is the opposite of which of the following?
5. Who will serve as the only judge to the tests we put ourselves through?
Short Essay Questions
1. The book's translator shares a story about the first known copy of "Aftersong." Where was it? How was it different than the later versions?
2. Nietzsche gives an overview of several cultures and religions. What are his views?
3. What is the author's opinion on the language barrier?
4. What is the the "faculty of the suprasensible?" Who coined the term?
5. How does Nietzsche explain the master morality and the slave morality?
6. Nietzsche talks about the communicative habits of "free spirits." Explain.
7. What is Nietzsche's lament regarding the German soul?
8. What is the danger in the evolution of the democratic movement in Europe?
9. What is Nietzsche's opinion on the evolution of philosophical concepts?
10. How do spiritualism and cruelty combine in the modern man?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)