|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A barbaric type of faith requires a sacrifice and suicide of:
(c) Religious leaders.
2. The philosopher is convinced that one must also destroy the Christians' preliminary teaching of:
(a) One God.
(b) Soul atomism.
3. Many people believe that everything is created through the existence of:
4. A false judgment is not necessarily ______ to a person's mind.
5. Nietzsche says that it is not necessary to get rid of the soul, however one must allow for its:
Short Answer Questions
1. Nietzsche states that ____________ is a well refuted theory and almost no one in the learned world attaches significance to it.
2. Nietzsche asserts that if one questions God, one also questions which other concept?
3. Many people believe in the existence of which of the following:
4. People tend to base their beliefs on which of the following?
5. Catholicism has a much stronger tie to what other race?
Short Essay Questions
1. Nietzsche gives an overview of several cultures and religions. What are his views?
2. Nietzsche presents an argument on conscious versus instinct. What is the author's opinion?
3. The author categorizes people into groups. How many are there and how do they relate?
4. Why does Nietzsche believe that there are attempts being made to divert attention from Kant's influence on German philosophy?
5. Why does the author claim that philosophers are not honest enough?
6. What is the one thing that every human being craves?
7. Why does the author refer to man as being a contradictory creature?
8. Is there a difference between the moral and intellectual set of philosophies?
9. Why are people often desperate to hide their deepest thoughts and emotions?
10. What is Nietzsche's opinion on the existence of opposites?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)