|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nietzsche states that physiologists should think twice before dismissing the cardinal instinct of _________ in man.
2. What group of people does Nietzsche refer to as being a superstitious lot?
3. Which item is reserved only for a few because it is the privilege of the strong and unattainable for the weak?
4. According to this particular philosopher, man has developed the ability to create which of the following?
(a) Interim truth.
(b) A personal hell.
(c) Synthetic judgments.
(d) A private universe.
5. How does one often view another who has many similar qualities?
(a) Despises him.
(b) Ignores him.
(c) Discounts him.
(d) Celebrates him.
Short Answer Questions
1. People will often take great pains to hide what is delicate and personal, even if it means which of the following:
2. Nietzsche believes there are attempts being made to divert attention away from what philosopher?
3. The authors believe that which group is not honest enough?
4. A person's responsibility extends into many areas except for which one?
5. The author states that while all philosophers love their truths, the new generation will not be seen as a group of:
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the French Revolution referenced? How does it tie in to philosophy?
2. What is Nietzsche's view on materialistic atomism? How is it viewed by the learned world?
3. Is there a difference between the moral and intellectual set of philosophies?
4. Why are people often desperate to hide their deepest thoughts and emotions?
5. Why does Nietzsche believe that there are attempts being made to divert attention from Kant's influence on German philosophy?
6. What are the differences in philosophies in various regions and nations? How can it be difficult to relate to others?
7. Nietzsche breaches an age old question about God and the devil. What is it?
8. What is soul atomism? Who teaches the theory?
9. Nietzsche talks about the communicative habits of "free spirits." Explain.
10. How does Nietzsche refer to Logicians?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)