|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is no longer compatible to faith?
2. Self-contradiction also involves which of the following emotions?
3. Despite the commitment to his work, the philosopher knows deep down that there is one thing that will never be found. What is it?
4. Nietzsche believes that man tends to view himself in what kind of light?
5. In general, a man will not take on burden and responsibility without ______.
(b) Moral belief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nietzsche believes that we are, at our base selves, commanding and obeying __________.
2. Nietzsche considers psychologists to have a large amount of which trait?
3. A false judgment is not necessarily ______ to a person's mind.
4. A drive for knowledge can be seen as a mere _________ to get where one is going.
5. Many people believe in the existence of which of the following:
Short Essay Questions
1. Is there a difference between the moral and intellectual set of philosophies?
2. Nietzsche presents an argument on conscious versus instinct. What is the author's opinion?
3. Nietzsche gives an overview of several cultures and religions. What are his views?
4. Explain the concept behind Nietzsche's BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL.
5. Why are people often desperate to hide their deepest thoughts and emotions?
6. What is Nietzsche's view on materialistic atomism? How is it viewed by the learned world?
7. What is the author's opinion on the language barrier?
8. Why does the author refer to man as being a contradictory creature?
9. What is the main purpose of the psychologist in understanding the human soul?
10. How does the modern day concept of faith relate to Christianity?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)