|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group of people recognizes only what is common?
2. When one desires an object the actual interest relates to:
(b) The journey.
(d) The object.
3. Many of these scientists, according to Nietzsche, mistakenly believe that value is the opposite of which of the following?
4. Nietzsche discusses how to value oneself along with valuing which of the following:
5. Unhappiness and evil are not opposites to happy and _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nietzsche believes that man tends to view himself in what kind of light?
2. Nietzsche states that one must determine the value of:
3. Nietzsche divides the main approaches to thought into two groups. What are they?
4. Nietzsche states that physiologists should think twice before dismissing the cardinal instinct of _________ in man.
5. What group of people does Nietzsche refer to as being a superstitious lot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main purpose of the psychologist in understanding the human soul?
2. What is the author's opinion on how man views himself?
3. What is Nietzsche's view on materialistic atomism? How is it viewed by the learned world?
4. There is a great deal of talk about morality. What is Nietzsche's opinion on morality?
5. What is Nietzsche's opinion on the existence of opposites?
6. Why does Nietzsche believe that there are attempts being made to divert attention from Kant's influence on German philosophy?
7. Nietzsche presents an argument on conscious versus instinct. What is the author's opinion?
8. Who does Nietzsche refer to regarding soul and conscience? What is the opinion on the topic?
9. What is the author's opinion on reality versus self-denial?
10. What are the differences in philosophies in various regions and nations? How can it be difficult to relate to others?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)