|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Man's view of himself may cause him to have to do what?
2. Which of the following is not one of the things that is encouraged by that same religion?
(b) Self confidence.
3. Despite public opinion, Nietzsche has no objections about one of the following.
4. Self-contradiction also involves which of the following emotions?
5. A drive for knowledge can be seen as a mere _________ to get where one is going.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some people still believe in immediate certainties and ______.
2. Nietzsche considers psychologists to have a large amount of which trait?
3. When one desires an object the actual interest relates to:
4. A man may consider himself to be above other men but succeeds only in becoming more ordinary if he gives up all but which of the following?
5. Philosophy is not so much an actual _______, rather it is man's recognition of what is already known.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are people often desperate to hide their deepest thoughts and emotions?
2. What is the author's opinion on how man views himself?
3. Is there a difference between the moral and intellectual set of philosophies?
4. Nietzsche breaches an age old question about God and the devil. What is it?
5. What is the main purpose of the psychologist in understanding the human soul?
6. What is the author's opinion on reality versus self-denial?
7. How does Nietzsche refer to Logicians?
8. What is Nietzsche's view on materialistic atomism? How is it viewed by the learned world?
9. What is soul atomism? Who teaches the theory?
10. How does the modern day concept of faith relate to Christianity?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)