|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Nietzsche refer to as being without mercy or justice?
2. Nietzsche believes that if the explanation were possible then which of the following could be traced back to it?
(a) Invention of philosophy.
(b) Origin of man.
(c) Birth of religion.
(d) Organic functions.
3. Unhappiness and evil are not opposites to happy and _______.
4. The author states the belief that everything comes from which source?
(b) Internal will.
(c) Higher being.
(d) Outer space.
5. Nietzsche considers psychologists to have a large amount of which trait?
Short Answer Questions
1. Nietzsche believes that this created state is born out of:
2. Which faith is most closely related to sacrifice according to Nietzsche?
3. The psychologist seeks to dive into what important entity?
4. Man's view of himself may cause him to have to do what?
5. The author states that while all philosophers love their truths, the new generation will not be seen as a group of:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is suffering seen as a noble thing in religion? What does the martyr receive in return?
2. What is the author's opinion on reality versus self-denial?
3. How does a person see vanity? Who places the value on man?
4. How does Nietzsche explain the master morality and the slave morality?
5. What is the danger in the evolution of the democratic movement in Europe?
6. What is the author's opinion on morality as it relates to nature?
7. The book's translator shares a story about the first known copy of "Aftersong." Where was it? How was it different than the later versions?
8. Why should physiologists think twice before discounting self-preservation?
9. Why does the author refer to man as being a contradictory creature?
10. Why must a psychologist take care when investigating various people?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)