|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which branch of science is referred to as the "queen of the sciences?"
2. The author believes that the philosopher strives to rise above what common thing?
(b) A simple life.
(c) Moral fulfillment.
(d) Basic instinct.
3. Nietzsche believes that if the explanation were possible then which of the following could be traced back to it?
(a) Origin of man.
(b) Organic functions.
(c) Birth of religion.
(d) Invention of philosophy.
4. What group of people does Nietzsche refer to as being a superstitious lot?
5. The philosopher is convinced that one must also destroy the Christians' preliminary teaching of:
(b) Soul atomism.
(d) One God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many of these scientists, according to Nietzsche, mistakenly believe that value is the opposite of which of the following?
2. What type of formula must one make in order to categorize human religion?
3. Self-contradiction also involves which of the following emotions?
4. According to Nietzsche, it is important that man take time to embrace _____.
5. A person's responsibility extends into many areas except for which one?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is there a difference between the moral and intellectual set of philosophies?
2. Nietzsche breaches an age old question about God and the devil. What is it?
3. How does the modern day concept of faith relate to Christianity?
4. What is the difference between the average man's search for truth versus the search of the philosopher?
5. Why does Nietzsche believe that there are attempts being made to divert attention from Kant's influence on German philosophy?
6. What does the author reveal as being a part of one's personal confession?
7. What is the author's opinion on how man views himself?
8. What is soul atomism? Who teaches the theory?
9. Nietzsche gives an overview of several cultures and religions. What are his views?
10. Why should physiologists think twice before discounting self-preservation?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)