|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In many cases philosophers may prefer a handful of certainties to which of the following?
(a) Bundles od speculation.
(b) Cadre of assumptions.
(c) World full of promise.
(d) Universe of possibilities.
2. Unhappiness and evil are not opposites to happy and _______.
3. Which item is reserved only for a few because it is the privilege of the strong and unattainable for the weak?
4. The _______ way, which Nietzsche asserts was nobler, consisted in resisting what is self-evident.
5. Philosophy is not so much an actual _______, rather it is man's recognition of what is already known.
Short Answer Questions
1. People often cannot recognize philosophies of other:
2. In talking about deception, Nietzsche also makes reference to what type of perspective?
3. In order to be able to gather a great deal of information one must possess which quality?
4. Self-contradiction is formed through the perversion of which of the following:
5. Nietzsche believes there are attempts being made to divert attention away from what philosopher?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why should physiologists think twice before discounting self-preservation?
2. The author categorizes people into groups. How many are there and how do they relate?
3. Is there a difference between the moral and intellectual set of philosophies?
4. How does Nietzsche refer to Logicians?
5. What is soul atomism? Who teaches the theory?
6. What is the one thing that every human being craves?
7. What is Nietzsche's opinion on the evolution of philosophical concepts?
8. What is the main purpose of the psychologist in understanding the human soul?
9. Nietzsche talks about the communicative habits of "free spirits." Explain.
10. Nietzsche gives an overview of several cultures and religions. What are his views?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)