|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There may be good things that cause shame if they intimate that one is prone to:
2. Nietzsche insists that a refutable theory is one that has not lost its:
3. Schelling referred to intellectual intuition as being a "faculty of the _________."
(b) Active mind.
4. Nietzsche states that one must determine the value of:
5. Nietzsche considers psychologists to have a large amount of which trait?
Short Answer Questions
1. Nietzsche states that physiologists should think twice before dismissing the cardinal instinct of _________ in man.
2. In chapter one, Nietzsche introduces the concept of "will to _____."
3. What group of people does Nietzsche refer to as being a superstitious lot?
4. What group of people recognizes only what is common?
5. Every person, regardless of status or vocation, strives to seek which of the following:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between the average man's search for truth versus the search of the philosopher?
2. Nietzsche gives an overview of several cultures and religions. What are his views?
3. Why does Nietzsche believe that there are attempts being made to divert attention from Kant's influence on German philosophy?
4. What is the author's opinion on reality versus self-denial?
5. What is Nietzsche's view on materialistic atomism? How is it viewed by the learned world?
6. How does Nietzsche refer to Logicians?
7. Why are people often desperate to hide their deepest thoughts and emotions?
8. How is the French Revolution referenced? How does it tie in to philosophy?
9. Nietzsche breaches an age old question about God and the devil. What is it?
10. What does the author reveal as being a part of one's personal confession?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)