|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which person does the author refer to as being profound?
2. A person's responsibility extends into many areas except for which one?
3. Catholicism has a much stronger tie to what other race?
4. Man will go to great lengths to avoid uncovering:
5. Nietzsche asserts that if one questions God, one also questions which other concept?
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of people recognizes only what is common?
2. A man may consider himself to be above other men but succeeds only in becoming more ordinary if he gives up all but which of the following?
3. What is the one thing that will never cease being awkward long enough for people to understand that there are no opposites, only subtleties of gradation?
4. In chapter one, Nietzsche introduces the concept of "will to _____."
5. The philosopher questions what might be achieved through the use or absence of which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nietzsche believe that there are attempts being made to divert attention from Kant's influence on German philosophy?
2. Why does the author refer to man as being a contradictory creature?
3. What are the differences in philosophies in various regions and nations? How can it be difficult to relate to others?
4. Who does Nietzsche refer to regarding soul and conscience? What is the opinion on the topic?
5. What is the author's opinion on reality versus self-denial?
6. The author categorizes people into groups. How many are there and how do they relate?
7. How is the French Revolution referenced? How does it tie in to philosophy?
8. Why does the author claim that philosophers are not honest enough?
9. What is Nietzsche's opinion on the evolution of philosophical concepts?
10. What does the author reveal as being a part of one's personal confession?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)