|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nietzsche believes that if the explanation were possible then which of the following could be traced back to it?
(a) Origin of man.
(b) Birth of religion.
(c) Invention of philosophy.
(d) Organic functions.
2. What country is the philosopher's homeland?
3. Despite public opinion, Nietzsche has no objections about one of the following.
4. People often cannot recognize philosophies of other:
(b) Political affiliations.
5. In chapter one, Nietzsche introduces the concept of "will to _____."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a word that means something that comes in between?
2. This person, also according to the author, possessed a great deal of which of the following:
3. Nietzsche insists that a refutable theory is one that has not lost its:
4. The authors believe that which group is not honest enough?
5. Just because something is true does not mean that it ceases to be _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Nietzsche gives an overview of several cultures and religions. What are his views?
2. What is the author's opinion on the language barrier?
3. Nietzsche presents an argument on conscious versus instinct. What is the author's opinion?
4. Why does Nietzsche believe that there are attempts being made to divert attention from Kant's influence on German philosophy?
5. What is the difference between the average man's search for truth versus the search of the philosopher?
6. A false judgment may not be something that a person's mind objects to outright. What is the theory on false judgments in one's life?
7. Why are people often desperate to hide their deepest thoughts and emotions?
8. How is the French Revolution referenced? How does it tie in to philosophy?
9. There is a great deal of talk about morality. What is Nietzsche's opinion on morality?
10. Is there a difference between the moral and intellectual set of philosophies?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)