|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the topics addressed in this section is Nietzsche's opinion on conscious versus:
2. Despite public opinion, Nietzsche has no objections about one of the following.
3. In talking about deception, Nietzsche also makes reference to what type of perspective?
4. Which of the following is not tied to religious neurosis:
(b) Dietary restriction.
(c) Sexual abstinence.
5. Man is considered to be what kind of creature?
(d) Free spirited.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a word that means something that comes in between?
2. The author believes that the philosopher strives to rise above what common thing?
3. According to this particular philosopher, man has developed the ability to create which of the following?
4. Which item is reserved only for a few because it is the privilege of the strong and unattainable for the weak?
5. What group of people recognizes only what is common?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the author's opinion on how man views himself?
2. Is there a difference between the moral and intellectual set of philosophies?
3. How does the modern day concept of faith relate to Christianity?
4. How does a philosopher marry new and old ideas and relate them to the now?
5. What is the danger in the evolution of the democratic movement in Europe?
6. Nietzsche asks if there is a name for those who are no longer friends. What has changed about the friendships?
7. What happens once the friends arrive in the summer garden? How do they greet the author?
8. How does a person see vanity? Who places the value on man?
9. Why does Nietzsche believe that there are attempts being made to divert attention from Kant's influence on German philosophy?
10. How does Nietzsche explain the master morality and the slave morality?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)