|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A man may consider himself to be above other men but succeeds only in becoming more ordinary if he gives up all but which of the following?
(d) The world.
2. Nietzsche states that ____________ is a well refuted theory and almost no one in the learned world attaches significance to it.
(a) Materialistic atomism.
(c) Physical transformation.
(d) Spiritual hierarchy.
3. Which faith is most closely related to sacrifice according to Nietzsche?
4. This person, also according to the author, possessed a great deal of which of the following:
5. Nietzsche asserts that if one questions God, one also questions which other concept?
Short Answer Questions
1. There are many things that hide behind a mask according to Nietzsche. Which one is mentioned in the text?
2. What country is the philosopher's homeland?
3. People have no problem refuting which of the following:
4. Man will go to great lengths to avoid uncovering:
5. Which of the following is not tied to religious neurosis:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the danger in the evolution of the democratic movement in Europe?
2. A false judgment may not be something that a person's mind objects to outright. What is the theory on false judgments in one's life?
3. Nietzsche gives an overview of several cultures and religions. What are his views?
4. Why must a psychologist take care when investigating various people?
5. What is the author's opinion on the language barrier?
6. Nietzsche presents an argument on conscious versus instinct. What is the author's opinion?
7. What is the main thought on the pursuit of one's desires?
8. Is there a difference between the moral and intellectual set of philosophies?
9. Nietzsche breaches an age old question about God and the devil. What is it?
10. What is Nietzsche's opinion on the evolution of philosophical concepts?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)