|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In return, what would that person crave?
(d) Abstract thought.
2. The differences between moral and immoral are determined by what?
(a) Levels of opinion.
(b) Degrees of morality.
(c) Shades of gray.
(d) The church.
3. A person may eventually grow tired of what part of his opinion?
4. _________ are becoming more similar to one another as they become more detached from the origins of race and class.
5. It is also crucial for different cultures to understand one another's:
6. What is another way to describe how Nietzsche uses the term "Fatherlandishness?"
(d) Blind faith.
7. What is the emotion Nietzsche feels while waiting for his guest(s) to arrive?
8. Defining a philosopher is a difficult task. To do so, one must be able to show that he has:
9. The man who has suffered profoundly also believes that through suffering, one is able to gain ______.
10. What is a part of all types of society, despite their advancement or lack thereof?
11. The German spirit was created despite the ______ of music and philosophy.
12. Nietzsche fears if a philosopher does this, he will likely lose:
(a) Sound judgment.
13. It is considered to be a great feat if one is able to master his own what?
14. In the past men have often treated women like what kind of rare creature?
15. Another example of tyranny can be seen through personal experiences under what umbrella?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author view the modern day approach to the science of morals?
2. What does Nietzsche believe has been responsible for the education of the spirit?
3. In Nietzsche's eyes, ______ does not always equal superiority.
4. The author laments that the theories of his time have come to reach what point in their lives?
5. What is the basic difference between these two groups?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)