Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country has the least amount of strength of will?
2. Nietzsche points to the various German factions, including the Christian romantic movement and others including which of the following?
(c) Anti-French .
3. What is the name of the theory that says men should overcome laughter?
(c) Self flagellation.
(d) Olympian Vice.
4. In return, what would that person crave?
(b) Abstract thought.
5. Nietzsche condemns the woman who seeks to enlighten men and to become what?
6. What was the name of the god praised by Nietzsche?
7. Some say there are two types of genius: one who strives to accomplish, achieve, and possess; the other is content with what?
(b) Giving birth.
8. Another example of tyranny can be seen through personal experiences under what umbrella?
9. What does Nietzsche believe has been responsible for the education of the spirit?
10. Nietzsche frequently blames misunderstandings upon the difference in the _____ of the language.
11. Nietzsche believes that an entity was created simply to encourage man to return to the workday. What is that entity?
12. In Nietzsche's eyes, ______ does not always equal superiority.
13. What is the basic difference between these two groups?
(a) Self will and selflessness.
(b) Longing for freedom.
(c) Preservation and sacrifice.
(d) Ability to take action.
14. What piece written by that composer is Nietzsche's favorite?
(a) Don Giovanni.
(b) Overture to the Meistersinger.
(c) The Magic Flute.
(d) Ode to Joy.
15. Some cultures attempt to mediate between which two groups?
(a) Educated and uneducated.
(b) Moral and immoral.
(c) Slave and master.
(d) Father and son.
Short Answer Questions
1. The man who has suffered profoundly also believes that through suffering, one is able to gain ______.
2. Who was mentioned in the letter Nietzsche wrote to accompany the poem?
3. Nietzsche fears that a psychologist may easily get caught up in investigating the lives of people to the degree that he may:
4. Nietzsche fears if a philosopher does this, he will likely lose:
5. What word does Nietzsche use to refer to his theories?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)