|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which composer does Nietzsche refer to as being the interlude of the mellow old soul?
2. Nietzsche points to the various German factions, including the Christian romantic movement and others including which of the following?
(d) Anti-French .
3. What is the name of the theory that says men should overcome laughter?
(c) Olympian Vice.
(d) Self flagellation.
4. _________ are becoming more similar to one another as they become more detached from the origins of race and class.
5. In Nietzsche's eyes, ______ does not always equal superiority.
6. What is the name of the book's translator?
7. Who was mentioned in the letter Nietzsche wrote to accompany the poem?
8. The author believes that the democratization of Europe is an involuntary arrangement for the cultivation of _________.
9. Nietzsche believes that an entity was created simply to encourage man to return to the workday. What is that entity?
10. Industrious cultures find it difficult to partake in what pastime?
11. What body of water is mentioned in the poem?
12. In Nietzsche's mind, whose music heralded the end of centuries-old European taste?
13. It is most likely that even in a modern age, one may still possess which of the following:
14. If a woman attempts to prove something for the sake of womankind, the author states that she has corrupted what?
15. What in man is developed late and most likely is never fully developed at all?
Short Answer Questions
1. The new age throughout Europe has spawned a new strain of which school of thought?
2. Who is the first composer to be mentioned in this chapter?
3. In what location does the majority of the poem take place?
4. One must be careful not to commit self-denial and self-____________.
5. It is considered to be a great feat if one is able to master his own what?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)