|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tends to lead people to search for answers to the highest questions?
2. Many philosophers stop their careers, at least temporarily, in order to purse what kind of education?
3. What is a part of all types of society, despite their advancement or lack thereof?
4. Nietzsche refers to the "new European" as being what?
5. One should be concerned about the dangerous aspects of a man who claims not to be which of the following?
6. What time of year is it in the poem?
7. The man who has suffered profoundly also believes that through suffering, one is able to gain ______.
8. What is a most difficult thing to be understood by a man that is noble?
9. Regardless of a man's nature, it is impossible to erase from his soul the influence of what?
10. What is the one thing that will allow man to gain strength?
11. What type of person does the author refer to as being moralistic?
12. What does Nietzsche believe has been responsible for the education of the spirit?
13. In return, what would that person crave?
(c) Abstract thought.
14. Who was mentioned in the letter Nietzsche wrote to accompany the poem?
15. Every man has been enhanced through what type of society?
Short Answer Questions
1. What piece written by that composer is Nietzsche's favorite?
2. Nietzsche fears if a philosopher does this, he will likely lose:
3. The new age throughout Europe has spawned a new strain of which school of thought?
4. Socrates was known to mock which group of people?
5. In what location does the majority of the poem take place?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)