|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is common for friendships to change if those friendships have been made when?
(a) When dying.
(c) In college.
(d) Middle age.
2. Who is the first composer to be mentioned in this chapter?
3. _________ are becoming more similar to one another as they become more detached from the origins of race and class.
4. In Nietzsche's eyes, ______ does not always equal superiority.
5. Nietzsche frequently blames misunderstandings upon the difference in the _____ of the language.
6. What is a most difficult thing to be understood by a man that is noble?
7. The man who has suffered profoundly also believes that through suffering, one is able to gain ______.
8. It is most likely that even in a modern age, one may still possess which of the following:
9. Who was mentioned in the letter Nietzsche wrote to accompany the poem?
10. Who puts himself into a dangerous situation when studying both ordinary and extraordinary people?
11. In the past men have often treated women like what kind of rare creature?
12. Another example of tyranny can be seen through personal experiences under what umbrella?
13. The author believes that the democratization of Europe is an involuntary arrangement for the cultivation of _________.
14. Which country has the least amount of strength of will?
15. One's virtues most likely are not the same as whose?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author laments that the theories of his time have come to reach what point in their lives?
2. According to the author, the German soul was once considered to be:
3. Nietzsche believes that an entity was created simply to encourage man to return to the workday. What is that entity?
4. Many philosophers stop their careers, at least temporarily, in order to purse what kind of education?
5. Nietzsche refers to the "new European" as being what?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)