|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nietzsche talks about two kinds of moralities that are prevalent on earth; they are subtle and _____ moralities.
2. What piece written by that composer is Nietzsche's favorite?
(a) Overture to the Meistersinger.
(b) Don Giovanni.
(c) The Magic Flute.
(d) Ode to Joy.
3. How does the author view the modern day approach to the science of morals?
4. The ___________ movement in Europe accompanies a great tremendous physiological process.
5. Nietzsche believes that an entity was created simply to encourage man to return to the workday. What is that entity?
6. Socrates was known to mock which group of people?
(b) Royal court.
7. A person may eventually grow tired of what part of his opinion?
8. It is most likely that even in a modern age, one may still possess which of the following:
9. One must learn to despise his enemies if he is going to be able to express what?
10. In what location does the majority of the poem take place?
11. Which country has the least amount of strength of will?
12. What is another way to describe how Nietzsche uses the term "Fatherlandishness?"
(b) Blind faith.
13. Through a monstrous mix of races, the German people have become all but which one of the following?
14. Man was not used to accepting that there was _____ placed on him by himself, rather it was placed upon him by another.
15. How does Nietzsche refer to the time between dusk and dawn?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the theory that says men should overcome laughter?
2. The man who practices moral revenge is most likely limited in what area?
3. What is the name of the book's translator?
4. According to the author, the German soul was once considered to be:
5. Nietzsche says that when he is left alone, he is not entirely:
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)