|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the theory that says men should overcome laughter?
(a) Self flagellation.
(c) Olympian Vice.
2. Socrates was known to mock which group of people?
(c) Royal court.
3. Which philosopher is referenced in this section in regard to creativity versus morality?
4. The ___________ movement in Europe accompanies a great tremendous physiological process.
5. Nietzsche says that when he is left alone, he is not entirely:
6. In Nietzsche's eyes, ______ does not always equal superiority.
7. Man was not used to accepting that there was _____ placed on him by himself, rather it was placed upon him by another.
8. Industrious cultures find it difficult to partake in what pastime?
9. What tends to lead people to search for answers to the highest questions?
10. What is a most difficult thing to be understood by a man that is noble?
11. Nietzsche believes that an entity was created simply to encourage man to return to the workday. What is that entity?
12. Morals are seen as a tyranny against what entity?
13. Which country has the least amount of strength of will?
14. The man who has suffered profoundly also believes that through suffering, one is able to gain ______.
15. In return, what would that person crave?
(c) Abstract thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was mentioned in the letter Nietzsche wrote to accompany the poem?
2. In the past men have often treated women like what kind of rare creature?
3. The man who practices moral revenge is most likely limited in what area?
4. This part of society can be directly attributed to what element?
5. Many philosophers stop their careers, at least temporarily, in order to purse what kind of education?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)