|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Philosophers must be careful and take caution against what emotion?
2. In Nietzsche's mind, whose music heralded the end of centuries-old European taste?
3. A person may eventually grow tired of what part of his opinion?
4. What was the name of the god praised by Nietzsche?
5. In Nietzsche's eyes, ______ does not always equal superiority.
6. The differences between moral and immoral are determined by what?
(a) Degrees of morality.
(b) Shades of gray.
(c) The church.
(d) Levels of opinion.
7. Man's morality is different and therefore is likely to shine in what way?
(a) In different colors.
8. Nietzsche condemns the woman who seeks to enlighten men and to become what?
9. In what location does the majority of the poem take place?
10. What is a part of all types of society, despite their advancement or lack thereof?
11. Virtues most likely relate directly to what type of inclinations?
12. What is the name of the theory that says men should overcome laughter?
(b) Olympian Vice.
(d) Self flagellation.
13. What word does Nietzsche use to refer to his theories?
14. One should be concerned about the dangerous aspects of a man who claims not to be which of the following?
15. What in man is developed late and most likely is never fully developed at all?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which emotion does Nietzsche refer to as being pathetic?
2. Nietzsche refers to the "new European" as being what?
3. Nietzsche talks about two kinds of moralities that are prevalent on earth; they are subtle and _____ moralities.
4. It is common for friendships to change if those friendships have been made when?
5. One must be careful not to commit self-denial and self-____________.
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)