|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nietzsche talks about two kinds of moralities that are prevalent on earth; they are subtle and _____ moralities.
2. According to the author, the German soul was once considered to be:
3. Who is Nietzsche waiting for in the poem?
4. One who has suffered profoundly tends to maintain what characteristic?
5. Nietzsche refers to the "new European" as being what?
6. One should be concerned about the dangerous aspects of a man who claims not to be which of the following?
7. A person may eventually grow tired of what part of his opinion?
8. The man who has suffered profoundly also believes that through suffering, one is able to gain ______.
9. Man's morality is different and therefore is likely to shine in what way?
(b) In different colors.
10. One must learn to despise his enemies if he is going to be able to express what?
11. How does Nietzsche refer to the time between dusk and dawn?
12. This part of society can be directly attributed to what element?
13. Regardless of a man's nature, it is impossible to erase from his soul the influence of what?
14. The differences between moral and immoral are determined by what?
(a) Degrees of morality.
(b) Shades of gray.
(c) Levels of opinion.
(d) The church.
15. What in man is developed late and most likely is never fully developed at all?
Short Answer Questions
1. What piece written by that composer is Nietzsche's favorite?
2. Socrates was known to mock which group of people?
3. Nietzsche fears if a philosopher does this, he will likely lose:
4. What is the emotion Nietzsche feels while waiting for his guest(s) to arrive?
5. Nietzsche frequently blames misunderstandings upon the difference in the _____ of the language.
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)