|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author believes that the democratization of Europe is an involuntary arrangement for the cultivation of _________.
2. Who puts himself into a dangerous situation when studying both ordinary and extraordinary people?
3. What will take place when new friends arrive?
4. In return, what would that person crave?
(b) Abstract thought.
5. Which country has the least amount of strength of will?
6. Man's morality is different and therefore is likely to shine in what way?
(b) In different colors.
7. Which of the ancient philosophical and theological issues is addressed by Nietzsche?
(a) Faith versus knowledge.
(b) Good versus evil.
(d) True opposites.
8. Many philosophers stop their careers, at least temporarily, in order to purse what kind of education?
9. What is the one thing that will allow man to gain strength?
10. Every man has been enhanced through what type of society?
11. The man who practices moral revenge is most likely limited in what area?
12. The new age throughout Europe has spawned a new strain of which school of thought?
(b) Pure faith.
(d) Religious freedom.
13. One's virtues most likely are not the same as whose?
14. One must learn to despise his enemies if he is going to be able to express what?
15. The author compares the moral sentiments of what region to the rest of the world?
(d) United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. The German spirit was created despite the ______ of music and philosophy.
2. What is the basic difference between these two groups?
3. Man was not used to accepting that there was _____ placed on him by himself, rather it was placed upon him by another.
4. In Nietzsche's mind, whose music heralded the end of centuries-old European taste?
5. The differences between moral and immoral are determined by what?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)