|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What piece written by that composer is Nietzsche's favorite?
(a) Overture to the Meistersinger.
(b) The Magic Flute.
(c) Don Giovanni.
(d) Ode to Joy.
2. What is a part of all types of society, despite their advancement or lack thereof?
3. One must be careful not to commit self-denial and self-____________.
4. One should be concerned about the dangerous aspects of a man who claims not to be which of the following?
5. Which philosopher is referenced in this section in regard to creativity versus morality?
6. Who was the first person to receive a copy of "Aftersong?"
(a) Van Holstein.
(b) Von Stein.
(c) Van Helsing.
(d) Von Trapp.
7. Morals are seen as a tyranny against what entity?
8. One must learn to despise his enemies if he is going to be able to express what?
9. Which emotion does Nietzsche refer to as being pathetic?
10. Nietzsche says that when he is left alone, he is not entirely:
11. Nietzsche refers to the "new European" as being what?
12. It is common for friendships to change if those friendships have been made when?
(b) When dying.
(c) Middle age.
(d) In college.
13. Which country has the least amount of strength of will?
14. Defining a philosopher is a difficult task. To do so, one must be able to show that he has:
15. It is most likely that even in a modern age, one may still possess which of the following:
Short Answer Questions
1. The new age throughout Europe has spawned a new strain of which school of thought?
2. Who is Nietzsche waiting for in the poem?
3. What is the one thing that will allow man to gain strength?
4. Regardless of a man's nature, it is impossible to erase from his soul the influence of what?
5. Philosophers must be careful and take caution against what emotion?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)