|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of year is it in the poem?
2. The author believes that the democratization of Europe is an involuntary arrangement for the cultivation of _________.
3. Another example of tyranny can be seen through personal experiences under what umbrella?
4. What is the name of the theory that says men should overcome laughter?
(b) Self flagellation.
(d) Olympian Vice.
5. Man's morality is different and therefore is likely to shine in what way?
(d) In different colors.
6. Defining a philosopher is a difficult task. To do so, one must be able to show that he has:
7. In Nietzsche's eyes, ______ does not always equal superiority.
8. Who puts himself into a dangerous situation when studying both ordinary and extraordinary people?
9. Who was Socrates' famous student mentioned in this chapter?
10. The ___________ movement in Europe accompanies a great tremendous physiological process.
11. Senses and ______ are two ways in which a philosopher experiences many things.
12. Every man has been enhanced through what type of society?
13. Socrates was known to mock which group of people?
(a) Royal court.
14. In the past men have often treated women like what kind of rare creature?
15. If a woman attempts to prove something for the sake of womankind, the author states that she has corrupted what?
Short Answer Questions
1. One should be concerned about the dangerous aspects of a man who claims not to be which of the following?
2. One who has suffered profoundly tends to maintain what characteristic?
3. Many philosophers stop their careers, at least temporarily, in order to purse what kind of education?
4. One must learn to despise his enemies if he is going to be able to express what?
5. Morals are seen as a tyranny against what entity?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)