|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the god praised by Nietzsche?
2. Who is Nietzsche waiting for in the poem?
3. In the past men have often treated women like what kind of rare creature?
4. The man who practices moral revenge is most likely limited in what area?
5. Who was Socrates' famous student mentioned in this chapter?
6. The author compares the moral sentiments of what region to the rest of the world?
(b) United States.
7. What is the emotion Nietzsche feels while waiting for his guest(s) to arrive?
8. Morals are seen as a tyranny against what entity?
9. Nietzsche condemns the woman who seeks to enlighten men and to become what?
10. Which emotion does Nietzsche refer to as being pathetic?
11. Nietzsche fears that a psychologist may easily get caught up in investigating the lives of people to the degree that he may:
(a) Fly away.
12. The ___________ movement in Europe accompanies a great tremendous physiological process.
13. Nietzsche frequently blames misunderstandings upon the difference in the _____ of the language.
14. Who was mentioned in the letter Nietzsche wrote to accompany the poem?
15. What tends to lead people to search for answers to the highest questions?
Short Answer Questions
1. Nietzsche says that when he is left alone, he is not entirely:
2. How does the author view the modern day approach to the science of morals?
3. Some say there are two types of genius: one who strives to accomplish, achieve, and possess; the other is content with what?
4. Nietzsche talks about two kinds of moralities that are prevalent on earth; they are subtle and _____ moralities.
5. It is considered to be a great feat if one is able to master his own what?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)