|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the past men have often treated women like what kind of rare creature?
2. Nietzsche frequently blames misunderstandings upon the difference in the _____ of the language.
3. What is the name of the book's translator?
4. The author laments that the theories of his time have come to reach what point in their lives?
5. Who was Socrates' famous student mentioned in this chapter?
6. In what location does the majority of the poem take place?
7. Nietzsche believes that an entity was created simply to encourage man to return to the workday. What is that entity?
8. Through a monstrous mix of races, the German people have become all but which one of the following?
9. The differences between moral and immoral are determined by what?
(a) Degrees of morality.
(b) The church.
(c) Shades of gray.
(d) Levels of opinion.
10. Philosophers must be careful and take caution against what emotion?
11. What will take place when new friends arrive?
12. Which of the ancient philosophical and theological issues is addressed by Nietzsche?
(b) Faith versus knowledge.
(c) True opposites.
(d) Good versus evil.
13. The German spirit was created despite the ______ of music and philosophy.
14. Socrates was known to mock which group of people?
(b) Royal court.
15. The ___________ movement in Europe accompanies a great tremendous physiological process.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Nietzsche's mind, whose music heralded the end of centuries-old European taste?
2. Which composer does Nietzsche refer to as being the interlude of the mellow old soul?
3. Many philosophers stop their careers, at least temporarily, in order to purse what kind of education?
4. Every man has been enhanced through what type of society?
5. What was the name of the god praised by Nietzsche?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)