|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is most likely that even in a modern age, one may still possess which of the following:
2. Virtues most likely relate directly to what type of inclinations?
3. What is the name of the theory that says men should overcome laughter?
(a) Self flagellation.
(b) Olympian Vice.
4. What is another way to describe how Nietzsche uses the term "Fatherlandishness?"
(c) Blind faith.
5. In Nietzsche's mind, whose music heralded the end of centuries-old European taste?
6. Nietzsche refers to the "new European" as being what?
7. Man was not used to accepting that there was _____ placed on him by himself, rather it was placed upon him by another.
8. Nietzsche frequently blames misunderstandings upon the difference in the _____ of the language.
9. Nietzsche says that when he is left alone, he is not entirely:
10. Who was the first person to receive a copy of "Aftersong?"
(a) Von Stein.
(b) Van Helsing.
(c) Van Holstein.
(d) Von Trapp.
11. Nietzsche fears if a philosopher does this, he will likely lose:
(c) Sound judgment.
12. What body of water is mentioned in the poem?
13. Man's morality is different and therefore is likely to shine in what way?
(c) In different colors.
14. How does Nietzsche refer to the time between dusk and dawn?
15. Nietzsche fears that a psychologist may easily get caught up in investigating the lives of people to the degree that he may:
(c) Fly away.
Short Answer Questions
1. This part of society can be directly attributed to what element?
2. Which of the ancient philosophical and theological issues is addressed by Nietzsche?
3. What does Nietzsche believe has been responsible for the education of the spirit?
4. Another example of tyranny can be seen through personal experiences under what umbrella?
5. What was the name of the god praised by Nietzsche?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)