|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some say there are two types of genius: one who strives to accomplish, achieve, and possess; the other is content with what?
(a) Giving birth.
2. Which philosopher is referenced in this section in regard to creativity versus morality?
3. Philosophers must be careful and take caution against what emotion?
4. What was the name of the god praised by Nietzsche?
5. Socrates was known to mock which group of people?
(b) Royal court.
6. What type of person does the author refer to as being moralistic?
7. Nietzsche points to the various German factions, including the Christian romantic movement and others including which of the following?
(b) Anti-French .
8. It is common for friendships to change if those friendships have been made when?
(a) When dying.
(b) Middle age.
(d) In college.
9. Virtues most likely relate directly to what type of inclinations?
10. What is the one thing that will allow man to gain strength?
11. In Nietzsche's mind, whose music heralded the end of centuries-old European taste?
12. The man who practices moral revenge is most likely limited in what area?
13. Which country has the least amount of strength of will?
14. What will take place when new friends arrive?
15. In return, what would that person crave?
(b) Abstract thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many philosophers stop their careers, at least temporarily, in order to purse what kind of education?
2. Through a monstrous mix of races, the German people have become all but which one of the following?
3. What is the name of the theory that says men should overcome laughter?
4. What does Nietzsche believe has been responsible for the education of the spirit?
5. Nietzsche refers to the "new European" as being what?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)