|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through a monstrous mix of races, the German people have become all but which one of the following?
2. Nietzsche fears that a psychologist may easily get caught up in investigating the lives of people to the degree that he may:
(b) Fly away.
3. It is also crucial for different cultures to understand one another's:
4. One's virtues most likely are not the same as whose?
5. What is the emotion Nietzsche feels while waiting for his guest(s) to arrive?
6. The author believes that the democratization of Europe is an involuntary arrangement for the cultivation of _________.
7. Another example of tyranny can be seen through personal experiences under what umbrella?
8. One who has suffered profoundly tends to maintain what characteristic?
9. Philosophers must be careful and take caution against what emotion?
10. Who was Socrates' famous student mentioned in this chapter?
11. Who is the first composer to be mentioned in this chapter?
12. What was the name of the god praised by Nietzsche?
13. What tends to lead people to search for answers to the highest questions?
14. What piece written by that composer is Nietzsche's favorite?
(a) Don Giovanni.
(b) Ode to Joy.
(c) The Magic Flute.
(d) Overture to the Meistersinger.
15. The differences between moral and immoral are determined by what?
(a) Degrees of morality.
(b) Shades of gray.
(c) The church.
(d) Levels of opinion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Man's morality is different and therefore is likely to shine in what way?
2. Who was the first person to receive a copy of "Aftersong?"
3. What word does Nietzsche use to refer to his theories?
4. Nietzsche fears if a philosopher does this, he will likely lose:
5. Socrates was known to mock which group of people?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)