|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nietzsche believes that an entity was created simply to encourage man to return to the workday. What is that entity?
2. In Nietzsche's mind, whose music heralded the end of centuries-old European taste?
3. The new age throughout Europe has spawned a new strain of which school of thought?
(c) Religious freedom.
(d) Pure faith.
4. The differences between moral and immoral are determined by what?
(a) Degrees of morality.
(b) Shades of gray.
(c) The church.
(d) Levels of opinion.
5. _________ are becoming more similar to one another as they become more detached from the origins of race and class.
6. What is the emotion Nietzsche feels while waiting for his guest(s) to arrive?
7. Defining a philosopher is a difficult task. To do so, one must be able to show that he has:
8. What was the name of the god praised by Nietzsche?
9. What word does Nietzsche use to refer to his theories?
10. Which composer does Nietzsche refer to as being the interlude of the mellow old soul?
11. The German spirit was created despite the ______ of music and philosophy.
12. A person may eventually grow tired of what part of his opinion?
13. One's virtues most likely are not the same as whose?
14. Regardless of a man's nature, it is impossible to erase from his soul the influence of what?
15. It is also crucial for different cultures to understand one another's:
Short Answer Questions
1. It is common for friendships to change if those friendships have been made when?
2. Who is the first composer to be mentioned in this chapter?
3. Some say there are two types of genius: one who strives to accomplish, achieve, and possess; the other is content with what?
4. One must learn to despise his enemies if he is going to be able to express what?
5. Socrates was known to mock which group of people?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)