|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Another example of tyranny can be seen through personal experiences under what umbrella?
2. Which philosopher is referenced in this section in regard to creativity versus morality?
3. What type of person does the author refer to as being moralistic?
4. Senses and ______ are two ways in which a philosopher experiences many things.
5. One who has suffered profoundly tends to maintain what characteristic?
6. Socrates was known to mock which group of people?
(b) Royal court.
7. What is the one thing that will allow man to gain strength?
8. What is the name of the theory that says men should overcome laughter?
(a) Self flagellation.
(c) Olympian Vice.
9. What is another way to describe how Nietzsche uses the term "Fatherlandishness?"
(d) Blind faith.
10. This part of society can be directly attributed to what element?
11. Nietzsche condemns the woman who seeks to enlighten men and to become what?
12. Nietzsche talks about two kinds of moralities that are prevalent on earth; they are subtle and _____ moralities.
13. The author believes that the democratization of Europe is an involuntary arrangement for the cultivation of _________.
14. How does Nietzsche refer to the time between dusk and dawn?
15. Some say there are two types of genius: one who strives to accomplish, achieve, and possess; the other is content with what?
(a) Giving birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author view the modern day approach to the science of morals?
2. What is the basic difference between these two groups?
3. Morals are seen as a tyranny against what entity?
4. Nietzsche refers to the "new European" as being what?
5. Who is Nietzsche waiting for in the poem?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)