|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tends to lead people to search for answers to the highest questions?
2. How does the author view the modern day approach to the science of morals?
3. Which composer does Nietzsche refer to as being the interlude of the mellow old soul?
4. What was the name of the god praised by Nietzsche?
5. Who is Nietzsche waiting for in the poem?
6. What is another way to describe how Nietzsche uses the term "Fatherlandishness?"
(a) Blind faith.
7. Nietzsche condemns the woman who seeks to enlighten men and to become what?
8. The author compares the moral sentiments of what region to the rest of the world?
(a) United States.
9. It is also crucial for different cultures to understand one another's:
10. Nietzsche fears that a psychologist may easily get caught up in investigating the lives of people to the degree that he may:
(d) Fly away.
11. Who puts himself into a dangerous situation when studying both ordinary and extraordinary people?
12. Morals are seen as a tyranny against what entity?
13. In what location does the majority of the poem take place?
14. What will take place when new friends arrive?
15. Which of the ancient philosophical and theological issues is addressed by Nietzsche?
(b) Faith versus knowledge.
(c) Good versus evil.
(d) True opposites.
Short Answer Questions
1. What in man is developed late and most likely is never fully developed at all?
2. What body of water is mentioned in the poem?
3. Nietzsche believes that an entity was created simply to encourage man to return to the workday. What is that entity?
4. Who is the first composer to be mentioned in this chapter?
5. Many philosophers stop their careers, at least temporarily, in order to purse what kind of education?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)