|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Industrious cultures find it difficult to partake in what pastime?
2. In Nietzsche's mind, whose music heralded the end of centuries-old European taste?
3. The man who has suffered profoundly also believes that through suffering, one is able to gain ______.
4. What is the name of the book's translator?
5. Nietzsche talks about two kinds of moralities that are prevalent on earth; they are subtle and _____ moralities.
6. How does the author view the modern day approach to the science of morals?
7. Who was Socrates' famous student mentioned in this chapter?
8. Defining a philosopher is a difficult task. To do so, one must be able to show that he has:
9. What word does Nietzsche use to refer to his theories?
10. What is the emotion Nietzsche feels while waiting for his guest(s) to arrive?
11. It is considered to be a great feat if one is able to master his own what?
12. The author believes that the democratization of Europe is an involuntary arrangement for the cultivation of _________.
13. In what location does the majority of the poem take place?
14. Some cultures attempt to mediate between which two groups?
(a) Moral and immoral.
(b) Father and son.
(c) Educated and uneducated.
(d) Slave and master.
15. _________ are becoming more similar to one another as they become more detached from the origins of race and class.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nietzsche condemns the woman who seeks to enlighten men and to become what?
2. The author compares the moral sentiments of what region to the rest of the world?
3. One must be careful not to commit self-denial and self-____________.
4. What is the basic difference between these two groups?
5. Regardless of a man's nature, it is impossible to erase from his soul the influence of what?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)