|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group of people recognizes only what is common?
2. People often cannot recognize philosophies of other:
(d) Political affiliations.
3. Nietzsche states that philosophy concepts are not something that will autonomously _______.
4. According to the text, which refutable theory has been challenged a hundred times?
(c) Free will.
(d) Divine intervention.
5. The author believes that the philosopher strives to rise above what common thing?
(a) Moral fulfillment.
(b) A simple life.
(d) Basic instinct.
6. Self-contradiction also involves which of the following emotions?
7. Nietzsche states that philosophy is much like a confession from its author. Instead of acting as a drive for knowledge, it can be considered as a/an:
(a) Act of bearing the soul.
(b) Involuntary memoir.
8. Self-contradiction is formed through the perversion of which of the following:
(d) Thought processes.
9. What country is the philosopher's homeland?
10. In general, a man will not take on burden and responsibility without ______.
(c) Moral belief.
11. In talking about deception, Nietzsche also makes reference to what type of perspective?
12. Nietzsche states that physiologists should think twice before dismissing the cardinal instinct of _________ in man.
13. Catholicism has a much stronger tie to what other race?
14. How does one often view another who has many similar qualities?
(a) Celebrates him.
(b) Discounts him.
(c) Ignores him.
(d) Despises him.
15. Nietzsche states that philosophies are often formed through various individual things. Which is not on the list mentioned in the text?
Short Answer Questions
1. Just because something is true does not mean that it ceases to be _________.
2. According to Nietzsche, it is important that man take time to embrace _____.
3. A barbaric type of faith requires a sacrifice and suicide of:
4. A drive for knowledge can be seen as a mere _________ to get where one is going.
5. Nietzsche discusses how to value oneself along with valuing which of the following:
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)