|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A drive for knowledge can be seen as a mere _________ to get where one is going.
2. According to Nietzsche, it is important that man take time to embrace _____.
3. The philosopher is convinced that one must also destroy the Christians' preliminary teaching of:
(a) One God.
(d) Soul atomism.
4. According to the text, which refutable theory has been challenged a hundred times?
(b) Divine intervention.
(c) Free will.
5. Above all else, morality is meant to justify what?
6. Which of the following is not tied to religious neurosis:
(a) Sexual abstinence.
(c) Dietary restriction.
7. Many people believe in the existence of which of the following:
(a) Free will.
(d) Unfree will.
8. Who will serve as the only judge to the tests we put ourselves through?
9. Despite public opinion, Nietzsche has no objections about one of the following.
10. When one desires an object the actual interest relates to:
(c) The object.
(d) The journey.
11. It is a part of human nature for one to rearrange his own memory in order to avoid ____.
12. There are many things that hide behind a mask according to Nietzsche. Which one is mentioned in the text?
13. A barbaric type of faith requires a sacrifice and suicide of:
(d) Religious leaders.
14. In general, a man will not take on burden and responsibility without ______.
(b) Moral belief.
15. Nietzsche states that one must determine the value of:
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter one, Nietzsche introduces the concept of "will to _____."
2. What country is the philosopher's homeland?
3. What is the definition of soul atomism?
4. Nietzsche divides the main approaches to thought into two groups. What are they?
5. There may be good things that cause shame if they intimate that one is prone to:
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)