|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Man is considered to be what kind of creature?
(b) Free spirited.
2. Nietzsche states that philosophies are often formed through various individual things. Which is not on the list mentioned in the text?
3. Despite public opinion, Nietzsche has no objections about one of the following.
4. According to this particular philosopher, man has developed the ability to create which of the following?
(a) Interim truth.
(b) A private universe.
(c) Synthetic judgments.
(d) A personal hell.
5. When one desires an object the actual interest relates to:
(a) The object.
(d) The journey.
6. What group of people tends to be the least communicative?
(b) Free spirits.
7. What group of people recognizes only what is common?
8. The author states the belief that everything comes from which source?
(b) Higher being.
(c) Outer space.
(d) Internal will.
9. What is no longer compatible to faith?
10. Nietzsche believes that things occur in accordance with the strength of what object?
11. Nietzsche divides the main approaches to thought into two groups. What are they?
(a) Inferior and superior.
(b) Exoteric and esoteric.
(c) Inward and outward.
(d) Backward and forward.
12. Nietzsche believes that this created state is born out of:
(c) Mental illness.
13. This person, also according to the author, possessed a great deal of which of the following:
14. The philosopher is convinced that one must also destroy the Christians' preliminary teaching of:
(a) One God.
(d) Soul atomism.
15. Nietzsche has no regard for one segment of the population. What is it?
(c) Other philosophers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nietzsche believes that we are, at our base selves, commanding and obeying __________.
2. Nietzsche states that philosophy is much like a confession from its author. Instead of acting as a drive for knowledge, it can be considered as a/an:
3. A false judgment is not necessarily ______ to a person's mind.
4. In talking about deception, Nietzsche also makes reference to what type of perspective?
5. Some people still believe in immediate certainties and ______.
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)