|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many people believe in the existence of which of the following:
(b) Free will.
(d) Unfree will.
2. Nietzsche divides the main approaches to thought into two groups. What are they?
(a) Inward and outward.
(b) Backward and forward.
(c) Inferior and superior.
(d) Exoteric and esoteric.
3. In many cases philosophers may prefer a handful of certainties to which of the following?
(a) Bundles od speculation.
(b) Universe of possibilities.
(c) World full of promise.
(d) Cadre of assumptions.
4. There may be good things that cause shame if they intimate that one is prone to:
5. Unhappiness and evil are not opposites to happy and _______.
6. People tend to base their beliefs on which of the following?
(a) What they see.
(b) What parents teach.
(c) What is taught in church.
7. The psychologist seeks to dive into what important entity?
(b) Gray matter.
8. It is difficult for people to relate to that which is considered _____.
9. According to Nietzsche, it is important that man take time to embrace _____.
10. Catholicism has a much stronger tie to what other race?
11. In chapter one, Nietzsche introduces the concept of "will to _____."
12. A certain group of people believes that a thought comes when it wants to come, not when a/an:
(a) Individual wishes.
(b) Tide rises.
(c) Soul speaks.
(d) Trigger is present.
13. The philosopher is convinced that one must also destroy the Christians' preliminary teaching of:
(a) One God.
(d) Soul atomism.
14. One of the topics addressed in this section is Nietzsche's opinion on conscious versus:
15. According to this particular philosopher, man has developed the ability to create which of the following?
(a) A personal hell.
(b) Interim truth.
(c) Synthetic judgments.
(d) A private universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In talking about deception, Nietzsche also makes reference to what type of perspective?
2. People will often take great pains to hide what is delicate and personal, even if it means which of the following:
3. People often cannot recognize philosophies of other:
4. Despite the commitment to his work, the philosopher knows deep down that there is one thing that will never be found. What is it?
5. A false judgment is not necessarily ______ to a person's mind.
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)