|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nietzsche states that one must determine the value of:
2. Nietzsche states that philosophy concepts are not something that will autonomously _______.
3. Nietzsche believes that things occur in accordance with the strength of what object?
4. There are many things that hide behind a mask according to Nietzsche. Which one is mentioned in the text?
5. People tend to base their beliefs on which of the following?
(a) What is taught in church.
(b) What parents teach.
(c) What they see.
6. Of the many types of passion held for God, who holds the most sincere faith?
7. In many cases philosophers may prefer a handful of certainties to which of the following?
(a) Universe of possibilities.
(b) Cadre of assumptions.
(c) Bundles od speculation.
(d) World full of promise.
8. What group of people does Nietzsche refer to as being a superstitious lot?
9. One of the topics addressed in this section is Nietzsche's opinion on conscious versus:
10. According to this particular philosopher, man has developed the ability to create which of the following?
(a) A private universe.
(b) Interim truth.
(c) Synthetic judgments.
(d) A personal hell.
11. Nietzsche refers to what type of scientists in this section?
12. Which sector of the population cannot distinguish between finding and creating these objects?
13. The author states that while all philosophers love their truths, the new generation will not be seen as a group of:
(b) Religious fanatics.
14. It is a part of human nature for one to rearrange his own memory in order to avoid ____.
15. Nietzsche states that ____________ is a well refuted theory and almost no one in the learned world attaches significance to it.
(a) Spiritual hierarchy.
(c) Physical transformation.
(d) Materialistic atomism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main reason there are so many misunderstandings in philosophy?
2. The philosopher questions what might be achieved through the use or absence of which of the following?
3. Nietzsche divides the main approaches to thought into two groups. What are they?
4. It is difficult for people to relate to that which is considered _____.
5. Nietzsche asserts that if one questions God, one also questions which other concept?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)