|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is no longer compatible to faith?
2. Nietzsche states that ____________ is a well refuted theory and almost no one in the learned world attaches significance to it.
(a) Materialistic atomism.
(b) Physical transformation.
(c) Spiritual hierarchy.
3. What attempts to impose morality upon one's character?
4. Many of these scientists, according to Nietzsche, mistakenly believe that value is the opposite of which of the following?
5. The philosopher questions what might be achieved through the use or absence of which of the following?
(c) Innate knowledge.
6. Despite the commitment to his work, the philosopher knows deep down that there is one thing that will never be found. What is it?
7. Nietzsche has no regard for one segment of the population. What is it?
(b) Other philosophers.
8. The authors believe that which group is not honest enough?
(c) Upper class.
9. Which of the following does Nietzsche refer to as being without mercy or justice?
10. Above all else, morality is meant to justify what?
11. Catholicism has a much stronger tie to what other race?
12. Nietzsche believes that we are, at our base selves, commanding and obeying __________.
(d) Guinea pigs.
13. What group of people tends to be the least communicative?
(d) Free spirits.
14. This person, also according to the author, possessed a great deal of which of the following:
15. People have no problem refuting which of the following:
(a) Nietzsche's views.
(b) Origin of man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nietzsche believes that man tends to view himself in what kind of light?
2. How does one often view another who has many similar qualities?
3. People will often take great pains to hide what is delicate and personal, even if it means which of the following:
4. Nietzsche believes there are attempts being made to divert attention away from what philosopher?
5. Nietzsche states that philosophies are often formed through various individual things. Which is not on the list mentioned in the text?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)