|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is no longer compatible to faith?
2. In general, a man will not take on burden and responsibility without ______.
(b) Moral belief.
3. A person's responsibility extends into many areas except for which one?
4. Just because something is true does not mean that it ceases to be _________.
5. Philosophy is not so much an actual _______, rather it is man's recognition of what is already known.
6. Unhappiness and evil are not opposites to happy and _______.
7. Nietzsche discusses how to value oneself along with valuing which of the following:
8. Nietzsche believes there are attempts being made to divert attention away from what philosopher?
9. Nietzsche states that physiologists should think twice before dismissing the cardinal instinct of _________ in man.
10. What group of people tends to be the least communicative?
(b) Free spirits.
11. According to the text, which refutable theory has been challenged a hundred times?
(a) Free will.
(b) Divine intervention.
12. What country is the philosopher's homeland?
13. Value tends to be linked to what type of feelings?
14. Which sector of the population cannot distinguish between finding and creating these objects?
15. What is the one thing that will never cease being awkward long enough for people to understand that there are no opposites, only subtleties of gradation?
Short Answer Questions
1. The psychologist seeks to dive into what important entity?
2. Above all else, morality is meant to justify what?
3. People will often take great pains to hide what is delicate and personal, even if it means which of the following:
4. Who will serve as the only judge to the tests we put ourselves through?
5. Nietzsche divides the main approaches to thought into two groups. What are they?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)