|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite public opinion, Nietzsche has no objections about one of the following.
2. Which faith is most closely related to sacrifice according to Nietzsche?
3. Self-contradiction also involves which of the following emotions?
4. In general, a man will not take on burden and responsibility without ______.
(c) Moral belief.
5. Which person does the author refer to as being profound?
6. Which sector of the population cannot distinguish between finding and creating these objects?
7. People will often take great pains to hide what is delicate and personal, even if it means which of the following:
(d) Being shunned.
8. Above all else, morality is meant to justify what?
9. A man may consider himself to be above other men but succeeds only in becoming more ordinary if he gives up all but which of the following?
(a) The world.
10. Nietzsche divides the main approaches to thought into two groups. What are they?
(a) Inferior and superior.
(b) Exoteric and esoteric.
(c) Inward and outward.
(d) Backward and forward.
11. A certain group of people believes that a thought comes when it wants to come, not when a/an:
(a) Soul speaks.
(b) Tide rises.
(c) Trigger is present.
(d) Individual wishes.
12. Man's view of himself may cause him to have to do what?
13. What is the definition of soul atomism?
(a) The belief that the soul reincarnated.
(b) The belief that the soul is nonexistent.
(c) The belief that the soul is made up of groups of atoms.
(d) The belief that the soul is eternal and indestructible.
14. This person, also according to the author, possessed a great deal of which of the following:
15. Who will serve as the only judge to the tests we put ourselves through?
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of people recognizes only what is common?
2. The philosopher questions what might be achieved through the use or absence of which of the following?
3. In many cases philosophers may prefer a handful of certainties to which of the following?
4. Man will go to great lengths to avoid uncovering:
5. Many people believe that everything is created through the existence of:
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)