|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Schelling referred to intellectual intuition as being a "faculty of the _________."
(c) Active mind.
2. There is no need to do be the sole protector of mankind and the earth; instead, take time to seek _________.
3. Nietzsche considers psychologists to have a large amount of which trait?
4. What country is the philosopher's homeland?
5. Nietzsche states that philosophy concepts are not something that will autonomously _______.
6. This person, also according to the author, possessed a great deal of which of the following:
7. What is the one thing that will never cease being awkward long enough for people to understand that there are no opposites, only subtleties of gradation?
8. Nietzsche refers to what type of scientists in this section?
9. Many of these scientists, according to Nietzsche, mistakenly believe that value is the opposite of which of the following?
10. Who will serve as the only judge to the tests we put ourselves through?
11. A false judgment is not necessarily ______ to a person's mind.
12. A barbaric type of faith requires a sacrifice and suicide of:
(b) Religious leaders.
13. Unhappiness and evil are not opposites to happy and _______.
14. Many people believe in the existence of which of the following:
(a) Free will.
(c) Unfree will.
15. Nietzsche asserts that if one questions God, one also questions which other concept?
Short Answer Questions
1. Nietzsche believes that a woman's approach to life is considerably more:
2. Man's view of himself may cause him to have to do what?
3. Just because something is true does not mean that it ceases to be _________.
4. In many cases philosophers may prefer a handful of certainties to which of the following?
5. What is the main reason there are so many misunderstandings in philosophy?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)