|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Catholicism has a much stronger tie to what other race?
2. Above all else, morality is meant to justify what?
3. The philosopher is convinced that one must also destroy the Christians' preliminary teaching of:
(b) One God.
(c) Soul atomism.
4. Every person, regardless of status or vocation, strives to seek which of the following:
5. Just because something is true does not mean that it ceases to be _________.
6. According to the text, which refutable theory has been challenged a hundred times?
(c) Divine intervention.
(d) Free will.
7. Nietzsche states that one must determine the value of:
8. In chapter one, Nietzsche introduces the concept of "will to _____."
9. Nietzsche asserts that if one questions God, one also questions which other concept?
10. Nietzsche states that philosophy concepts are not something that will autonomously _______.
11. Self-contradiction is formed through the perversion of which of the following:
(a) Thought processes.
12. Which faith is most closely related to sacrifice according to Nietzsche?
13. Philosophy is not so much an actual _______, rather it is man's recognition of what is already known.
14. In order to be able to gather a great deal of information one must possess which quality?
15. Nietzsche states that philosophies are often formed through various individual things. Which is not on the list mentioned in the text?
Short Answer Questions
1. Man is considered to be what kind of creature?
2. Nietzsche divides the main approaches to thought into two groups. What are they?
3. Self-contradiction also involves which of the following emotions?
4. Which item is reserved only for a few because it is the privilege of the strong and unattainable for the weak?
5. What is a word that means something that comes in between?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)