|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Unhappiness and evil are not opposites to happy and _______.
2. Catholicism has a much stronger tie to what other race?
3. Schelling referred to intellectual intuition as being a "faculty of the _________."
(b) Active mind.
4. The author states that while all philosophers love their truths, the new generation will not be seen as a group of:
(c) Religious fanatics.
5. According to Nietzsche, it is important that man take time to embrace _____.
6. Some people still believe in immediate certainties and ______.
(a) Absolute knowledge.
(b) Promise of the future.
(c) Distant uncertainties.
(d) Immediate results.
7. In many cases philosophers may prefer a handful of certainties to which of the following?
(a) World full of promise.
(b) Bundles od speculation.
(c) Universe of possibilities.
(d) Cadre of assumptions.
8. Nietzsche says that it is not necessary to get rid of the soul, however one must allow for its:
9. Nietzsche asserts that if one questions God, one also questions which other concept?
10. Philosophy is not so much an actual _______, rather it is man's recognition of what is already known.
11. Which of the following does Nietzsche refer to as being without mercy or justice?
12. Nietzsche believes that a woman's approach to life is considerably more:
13. A barbaric type of faith requires a sacrifice and suicide of:
(d) Religious leaders.
14. Many people believe in the existence of which of the following:
(a) Free will.
(b) Unfree will.
15. Nietzsche states that ____________ is a well refuted theory and almost no one in the learned world attaches significance to it.
(a) Spiritual hierarchy.
(b) Physical transformation.
(c) Materialistic atomism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not tied to religious neurosis:
2. Nietzsche believes that if the explanation were possible then which of the following could be traced back to it?
3. How does one often view another who has many similar qualities?
4. Just because something is true does not mean that it ceases to be _________.
5. Nietzsche believes that man tends to view himself in what kind of light?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)