|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Nietzsche, it is important that man take time to embrace _____.
2. Value tends to be linked to what type of feelings?
3. Nietzsche says that it is not necessary to get rid of the soul, however one must allow for its:
4. The _______ way, which Nietzsche asserts was nobler, consisted in resisting what is self-evident.
5. In many cases philosophers may prefer a handful of certainties to which of the following?
(a) Cadre of assumptions.
(b) World full of promise.
(c) Bundles od speculation.
(d) Universe of possibilities.
6. Some people still believe in immediate certainties and ______.
(a) Absolute knowledge.
(b) Distant uncertainties.
(c) Immediate results.
(d) Promise of the future.
7. Self-contradiction also involves which of the following emotions?
8. The philosopher is convinced that one must also destroy the Christians' preliminary teaching of:
(c) One God.
(d) Soul atomism.
9. People will often take great pains to hide what is delicate and personal, even if it means which of the following:
(d) Being shunned.
10. How does one often view another who has many similar qualities?
(a) Despises him.
(b) Discounts him.
(c) Celebrates him.
(d) Ignores him.
11. When one desires an object the actual interest relates to:
(a) The journey.
(b) The object.
12. In order to be able to gather a great deal of information one must possess which quality?
13. There is no need to do be the sole protector of mankind and the earth; instead, take time to seek _________.
14. What is no longer compatible to faith?
15. There are many things that hide behind a mask according to Nietzsche. Which one is mentioned in the text?
Short Answer Questions
1. Nietzsche believes that if the explanation were possible then which of the following could be traced back to it?
2. Nietzsche asserts that if one questions God, one also questions which other concept?
3. Many people believe in the existence of which of the following:
4. It is a part of human nature for one to rearrange his own memory in order to avoid ____.
5. This person, also according to the author, possessed a great deal of which of the following:
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)