|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author states that while all philosophers love their truths, the new generation will not be seen as a group of:
(a) Religious fanatics.
2. What is the main reason there are so many misunderstandings in philosophy?
(c) Cultural differences.
3. The author believes that the philosopher strives to rise above what common thing?
(b) Moral fulfillment.
(c) A simple life.
(d) Basic instinct.
4. Despite the commitment to his work, the philosopher knows deep down that there is one thing that will never be found. What is it?
5. What group of people tends to be the least communicative?
(a) Free spirits.
6. Nietzsche believes that we are, at our base selves, commanding and obeying __________.
(b) Guinea pigs.
7. The authors believe that which group is not honest enough?
(a) Upper class.
8. Nietzsche says that it is not necessary to get rid of the soul, however one must allow for its:
9. Despite public opinion, Nietzsche has no objections about one of the following.
10. Nietzsche believes that this created state is born out of:
(a) Mental illness.
11. According to the text, which refutable theory has been challenged a hundred times?
(b) Divine intervention.
(d) Free will.
12. A drive for knowledge can be seen as a mere _________ to get where one is going.
13. What group of people does Nietzsche refer to as being a superstitious lot?
14. In chapter one, Nietzsche introduces the concept of "will to _____."
15. It is a part of human nature for one to rearrange his own memory in order to avoid ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. A certain group of people believes that a thought comes when it wants to come, not when a/an:
2. People will often take great pains to hide what is delicate and personal, even if it means which of the following:
3. In talking about deception, Nietzsche also makes reference to what type of perspective?
4. What type of formula must one make in order to categorize human religion?
5. There are many things that hide behind a mask according to Nietzsche. Which one is mentioned in the text?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)