|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the definition of soul atomism?
(a) The belief that the soul is nonexistent.
(b) The belief that the soul reincarnated.
(c) The belief that the soul is made up of groups of atoms.
(d) The belief that the soul is eternal and indestructible.
2. Self-contradiction also involves which of the following emotions?
3. Nietzsche states that philosophies are often formed through various individual things. Which is not on the list mentioned in the text?
4. Man is considered to be what kind of creature?
(b) Free spirited.
5. Which person does the author refer to as being profound?
6. Philosophy is not so much an actual _______, rather it is man's recognition of what is already known.
7. Nietzsche asserts that if one questions God, one also questions which other concept?
8. What attempts to impose morality upon one's character?
9. Man will go to great lengths to avoid uncovering:
10. Nietzsche believes that things occur in accordance with the strength of what object?
11. People have no problem refuting which of the following:
(a) Nietzsche's views.
(d) Origin of man.
12. Many people believe in the existence of which of the following:
(b) Free will.
(d) Unfree will.
13. A man may consider himself to be above other men but succeeds only in becoming more ordinary if he gives up all but which of the following?
(b) The world.
14. What is no longer compatible to faith?
15. Which of the following does Nietzsche refer to as being without mercy or justice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of formula must one make in order to categorize human religion?
2. In order to be able to gather a great deal of information one must possess which quality?
3. The _______ way, which Nietzsche asserts was nobler, consisted in resisting what is self-evident.
4. Nietzsche believes that a woman's approach to life is considerably more:
5. Value tends to be linked to what type of feelings?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)