|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 10: From High Mountains - Aftersong.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the past men have often treated women like what kind of rare creature?
2. Who was Socrates' famous student mentioned in this chapter?
3. One must be careful not to commit self-denial and self-____________.
4. In what location does the majority of the poem take place?
5. Philosophy is not so much an actual _______, rather it is man's recognition of what is already known.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Nietzsche refer to as being without mercy or justice?
2. What is the name of the theory that says men should overcome laughter?
3. A drive for knowledge can be seen as a mere _________ to get where one is going.
4. In Nietzsche's eyes, ______ does not always equal superiority.
5. In many cases philosophers may prefer a handful of certainties to which of the following?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)