|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Free Spirit - Chapters 36-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will serve as the only judge to the tests we put ourselves through?
2. What is the definition of soul atomism?
(a) The belief that the soul is eternal and indestructible.
(b) The belief that the soul reincarnated.
(c) The belief that the soul is made up of groups of atoms.
(d) The belief that the soul is nonexistent.
3. Some people still believe in immediate certainties and ______.
(a) Promise of the future.
(b) Immediate results.
(c) Distant uncertainties.
(d) Absolute knowledge.
4. Despite the commitment to his work, the philosopher knows deep down that there is one thing that will never be found. What is it?
5. What group of people does Nietzsche refer to as being a superstitious lot?
Short Answer Questions
1. Nietzsche believes that this created state is born out of:
2. Nietzsche discusses how to value oneself along with valuing which of the following:
3. A drive for knowledge can be seen as a mere _________ to get where one is going.
4. Many people believe that everything is created through the existence of:
5. The _______ way, which Nietzsche asserts was nobler, consisted in resisting what is self-evident.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)