|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Free Spirit - Chapters 36-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nietzsche believes that this created state is born out of:
(b) Mental illness.
2. What is the definition of soul atomism?
(a) The belief that the soul is made up of groups of atoms.
(b) The belief that the soul reincarnated.
(c) The belief that the soul is nonexistent.
(d) The belief that the soul is eternal and indestructible.
3. Nietzsche states that philosophy is much like a confession from its author. Instead of acting as a drive for knowledge, it can be considered as a/an:
(a) Act of bearing the soul.
(d) Involuntary memoir.
4. According to this particular philosopher, man has developed the ability to create which of the following?
(a) Interim truth.
(b) A private universe.
(c) Synthetic judgments.
(d) A personal hell.
5. People often cannot recognize philosophies of other:
(d) Political affiliations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Self-contradiction also involves which of the following emotions?
2. Despite the commitment to his work, the philosopher knows deep down that there is one thing that will never be found. What is it?
3. Many of these scientists, according to Nietzsche, mistakenly believe that value is the opposite of which of the following?
4. Nietzsche states that philosophy concepts are not something that will autonomously _______.
5. Nietzsche believes that things occur in accordance with the strength of what object?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)