|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Free Spirit - Chapters 36-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will serve as the only judge to the tests we put ourselves through?
2. Man will go to great lengths to avoid uncovering:
3. The author states the belief that everything comes from which source?
(a) Outer space.
(c) Higher being.
(d) Internal will.
4. The authors believe that which group is not honest enough?
(c) Upper class.
5. Nietzsche believes that if the explanation were possible then which of the following could be traced back to it?
(a) Origin of man.
(b) Organic functions.
(c) Birth of religion.
(d) Invention of philosophy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nietzsche asserts that if one questions God, one also questions which other concept?
2. A person's responsibility extends into many areas except for which one?
3. There are many things that hide behind a mask according to Nietzsche. Which one is mentioned in the text?
4. What is the one thing that will never cease being awkward long enough for people to understand that there are no opposites, only subtleties of gradation?
5. Philosophy is not so much an actual _______, rather it is man's recognition of what is already known.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)