|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Free Spirit - Chapters 36-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The _______ way, which Nietzsche asserts was nobler, consisted in resisting what is self-evident.
2. What is the one thing that will never cease being awkward long enough for people to understand that there are no opposites, only subtleties of gradation?
3. Nietzsche states that physiologists should think twice before dismissing the cardinal instinct of _________ in man.
4. In many cases philosophers may prefer a handful of certainties to which of the following?
(a) World full of promise.
(b) Bundles od speculation.
(c) Universe of possibilities.
(d) Cadre of assumptions.
5. People will often take great pains to hide what is delicate and personal, even if it means which of the following:
(d) Being shunned.
Short Answer Questions
1. A drive for knowledge can be seen as a mere _________ to get where one is going.
2. In general, a man will not take on burden and responsibility without ______.
3. A person's responsibility extends into many areas except for which one?
4. Nietzsche states that ____________ is a well refuted theory and almost no one in the learned world attaches significance to it.
5. Nietzsche states that philosophy concepts are not something that will autonomously _______.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)