|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Free Spirit - Chapters 36-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nietzsche believes that we are, at our base selves, commanding and obeying __________.
(a) Guinea pigs.
2. The philosopher questions what might be achieved through the use or absence of which of the following?
(d) Innate knowledge.
3. Nietzsche discusses how to value oneself along with valuing which of the following:
4. A certain group of people believes that a thought comes when it wants to come, not when a/an:
(a) Individual wishes.
(b) Trigger is present.
(c) Tide rises.
(d) Soul speaks.
5. Nietzsche states that philosophy is much like a confession from its author. Instead of acting as a drive for knowledge, it can be considered as a/an:
(b) Act of bearing the soul.
(c) Involuntary memoir.
Short Answer Questions
1. There may be good things that cause shame if they intimate that one is prone to:
2. The author believes that the philosopher strives to rise above what common thing?
3. What attempts to impose morality upon one's character?
4. What group of people recognizes only what is common?
5. Nietzsche divides the main approaches to thought into two groups. What are they?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)