|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Free Spirit - Chapters 36-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nietzsche divides the main approaches to thought into two groups. What are they?
(a) Inferior and superior.
(b) Inward and outward.
(c) Exoteric and esoteric.
(d) Backward and forward.
2. People will often take great pains to hide what is delicate and personal, even if it means which of the following:
(c) Being shunned.
3. According to Nietzsche, it is important that man take time to embrace _____.
4. Which branch of science is referred to as the "queen of the sciences?"
5. Self-contradiction also involves which of the following emotions?
Short Answer Questions
1. Nietzsche believes that if the explanation were possible then which of the following could be traced back to it?
2. People tend to base their beliefs on which of the following?
3. What is the one thing that will never cease being awkward long enough for people to understand that there are no opposites, only subtleties of gradation?
4. A man may consider himself to be above other men but succeeds only in becoming more ordinary if he gives up all but which of the following?
5. What is the main reason there are so many misunderstandings in philosophy?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)