|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Free Spirit - Chapters 36-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some people still believe in immediate certainties and ______.
(a) Absolute knowledge.
(b) Immediate results.
(c) Distant uncertainties.
(d) Promise of the future.
2. The author states that while all philosophers love their truths, the new generation will not be seen as a group of:
(a) Religious fanatics.
3. Which branch of science is referred to as the "queen of the sciences?"
4. It is a part of human nature for one to rearrange his own memory in order to avoid ____.
5. The author states the belief that everything comes from which source?
(b) Higher being.
(c) Outer space.
(d) Internal will.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many of these scientists, according to Nietzsche, mistakenly believe that value is the opposite of which of the following?
2. Which item is reserved only for a few because it is the privilege of the strong and unattainable for the weak?
3. Nietzsche believes that we are, at our base selves, commanding and obeying __________.
4. What is the one thing that will never cease being awkward long enough for people to understand that there are no opposites, only subtleties of gradation?
5. Nietzsche states that one must determine the value of:
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)