|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: On The Prejudices of Philosophers - Chapters 11-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to this particular philosopher, man has developed the ability to create which of the following?
(a) A personal hell.
(b) Interim truth.
(c) A private universe.
(d) Synthetic judgments.
2. Many of these scientists, according to Nietzsche, mistakenly believe that value is the opposite of which of the following?
3. Nietzsche states that physiologists should think twice before dismissing the cardinal instinct of _________ in man.
4. The philosopher questions what might be achieved through the use or absence of which of the following?
(a) Innate knowledge.
5. A certain group of people believes that a thought comes when it wants to come, not when a/an:
(a) Soul speaks.
(b) Trigger is present.
(c) Individual wishes.
(d) Tide rises.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the topics addressed in this section is Nietzsche's opinion on conscious versus:
2. The _______ way, which Nietzsche asserts was nobler, consisted in resisting what is self-evident.
3. Nietzsche states that philosophies are often formed through various individual things. Which is not on the list mentioned in the text?
4. In many cases philosophers may prefer a handful of certainties to which of the following?
5. Nietzsche discusses how to value oneself along with valuing which of the following:
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)